The World's A Stage

Blissful Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun waited for the call to end and then put the phone in his pocket. He then walked into the dining room where the food, still hot and fresh, was placed neatly on the table. He saw Seohyun stand in front of the table, frozen from how much food was cooked.

When he walked closer, he noticed she was also looking around the entire dining room, shocked with its sight of beauty. It wasn't exactly as big as the bedroom, but it was big enough to fit in a table that could place eight people there. The rectangular table, made of white polished marble, was surrounded by white chairs with arm rests that were gold-colored. The tall window in front of them was the entrance of sunlight that shined onto the table.

The food on the table was placed on white plates with silver chopsticks and spoons next to them. There were pretty tea cups with blue designs on it and a tea pot at the edge of the table having the same design as the cups. The regular glass cups were filled with water. A beautiful golden chandelier hung above the table, the lights off because of the natural light already being shed from the window.

He walked over to a chair and pulled it so that she could sit on it. After sitting, she looked at all the food, surprised by all of it.

"This seems like it's so much for breakfast," she commented when a servant put the last dish on the table.

"Breakfast is the first meal of the day," he told her. "It's best to have more food in the morning so that you're working it off through the day and you'll have enough energy." He smiled as he sat down across from her. "Plus, this is a joyous occasion. My beautiful wife has finally come back to her senses. We must celebrate."

Songhee walked in and sat down next to Seohyun. "That's true, sis. And I just got off the phone with Henry, our brother. He's excited to come back now."

"Oh," Seohyun uttered. She paused as the other two at the tabe picked up their chopsticks and began to place some food onto their plates. Finally, she glanced at Songhee and asked, "So what's our brother like? H-Harry, was it?"

"Henry," the other woman corrected. She shot a look at Kyuhyun, to which he responded with a look of urgency for an answer to the question. After seeing this, she shifted her gaze back to the younger woman, ready and now mentally prepared to spit the lie she was willing to give. "Henry is our adopted brother. You see, he is not even Korean, but he was left at our door as a baby. Because they just couldn't give him away, they decided to adopt him despite our financial situations. They actually found that he is not Korean and came from Canada. So they gave him the name Henry.

"He's older than you and is very funny and kind. He was just as worried as Kyuhyun was when you'd fallen ill. Eventually, a few months ago, he'd gone to America to perhaps find if they could cure you. He swore he'd travel the whole entire world to search for something and he wouldn't come back until he did. Now that you're awake, he has a reason to come back to us and see you again, fine and well."

"Wow," Seohyun whispered as Kyuhyun himself decided to put food on her plate when he noticed she wasn't. "I have such... caring and loving people in my life... I'm so sorry I can't remember anything." She seemed like she would cry, but she was able to keep in the tears her heart was aching to bring forth. The most heartbreaking concept that was unbelievably hard to grasp was that she had this story, these people, this forune in her life and yet she could not recall a single part of it, and she therefore felt sorry for not being able to express familiarity. However, she was feeling grateful for their supposed actions of the past. "I'm very sorry... I can only tell you thank you for caring for me."

"Everything is fine," Kyuhyun decided to tell her while he picked up his chopsticks. "We can make up for lost memories by creating new ones." His smile was reassuring for her despite it being an act, unbeknownst to her. If this was really her husband, such a caring and loving man, then surely she could go along with this idea.

"I would love that," she replied, a truly sincere grin appearing on her face.

His smile changed as if a wrong thought had come up in his head. He lowered his voice a bit and spoke softly as he gestured to her food. "Now eat." She nodded and obeyed, finally eating the food he placed on her plate. His smile fell as soon as her attention was away from him and he glanced at Songhee who was currently satisfied with this plan. He coudln't say he felt the same.

Based on Songhee's information, Kyuhyun knew he was supposed to feel accomplished, like as if he was the hero in a book that was really tricking the bad guy in order to defeat him. But based on his morals and standards, he felt dirty, like as if he was stabbing someone's back, though he didn't truly know the real identity of their victim. Bringing someone to their highest only to cut them down many pegs. It was cruel.

But, hey, Songhee said this woman deserved it. This woman did something terrible. And he was on Songhee's side. He could trust her. This woman deserves what's coming to her.

Then why doesn't it feel that way? This woman, this "Seohyun" they've brought into their homes—she was too nice and honest. If this was how she really is then how is it possible for her to have done horrible things to Songhee? Could he really trust Songhee? She did always blow things way out of proportion.

Like that salad incident.

Seohyun reaized that is was now her husband that wasn't touching his food. "Uh, Kyuhyun-ah...?"

He looked up. "Yes?"

"Are you okay?" she asked, a true concern glowing in her eyes. "You're not eating."

He finally realized this as well and nodded. "Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking."

Because she wanted to light up the mood which had become tense with the uncomfortable silence, she chuckled. "I think you should put some food in you before you do that."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter