Salad Has Gone Down

Blissful Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You thought she was pretty, didn't you?"

Kyuhyun groaned aloud as he slouched even more and walked to his bedroom.

"I saw you look at that girl's chest!"

"No, I didn't," he muttered as he sat at his computer chair and his computer. He loosened his tie and mentally asked what he did in the past to deserve this torment.

"Oh, come on!" she cried. "Don't lie! That's why you let her off without even a warning! She dropped salad WITH DRESSING on my new skirt, she ruined my bag, and you defended her!"

"It was an accident, for pete's sake." He took off his tie completely and tossed it on his bed. "And I would never look at another woman's features when I already have a beautiful woman by my side."

Hopefully that will shut her up, he begged in his head. And it did.

He cheered on the inside, for the screaming was over. She went behind his chair and bent down a little with her hands moving down his chest. "Really?"

"Yes, yes," he assured the woman as he typed his password. He felt her kiss his ear.

"I hope you really mean that, oppa," she cooed in his ear before starting to leave kisses down his neck.

"Songhee, not now, please," he said. "I need to do my work."

"Alright, fine," she said while rubbing his chest enticingly. "But later?"

"Yeah, sure," he answered nonchalantly. "Whatever."

She ed the first three buttons of his white shirt and touched his bare skin with her hands. "Do you really mean it this time?"

He didn't want to feel anything, but he was only a man. He shut his eyes tightly as he felt her hot breath against his neck.

What could he say to make her leave him alone?

 

 

Joohyun smiled when seeing the name pop up on her computer screen. Someone was requesting a video chat and she didn't hesitate to answer it with joy. The screen that popped up next showed an older man and woman. She greeted them. "Hey, mom. Hey, dad."

"How's my baby girl doing over there?" her father asked.

"Good, dad," she giggled. "I've been doing good in my classes and I've improved in my Japanese speaking."

"Ah, how can a someone improve in something they're already a pro at?" her mom commented.

"Mom, I'm not a pro," she responded with a grin. "There's always room for improvement."

Before her father could speak again, her mother made a fun face and asked, "Anything about boys?"

"Honey!"

"Mom!"

Joohyun and her father seemed to have gasped at the same time causing the older woman to roll her eyes and playfully shove her husband. "You two are the same!"

As her father argued about boys, Joohyun laughed. "Our Joohyunnie will not get a boyfriend without my permission and interrogation for the boy."

"Aish, young women like her need to be free to make their own choices when it comes to boys," her mother chided.

"No, mom, it's fine," she said to stop the two after a while. "I'm really not even thinking about boys right now."

"Yes!" her father cheered. "That's my girl!" This caused his wife to roll her eyes and slightly shove him again "Anyways, sweetheart, are you still practicing piano?"

"Everyday, dad!" their bright daughter answered. "It's been going great." She hesitated for a bit before asking her question. "Are things going good for you guys back home?"

"Don't worry about us, dear," her mom replied reassuringly. "We're doing great. Yoona misses you and hopes you'll come back to visit soon."

"Tell unnie I will visit real soon," Joohyun told them. She glanced at the clock. "Well, I can't be late for my class. I'll talk to you again tonight, if possible. And make sure Yoona unnie will be there for it."

"Of course, love," her father said.

They both bid their goodbyes to their beloved daughter and their video chat ended.

She got herself ready and stepped out the front door of the dorm room, being grateful her roommate left earlier than usual. If her parents knew her roommate was a rowdy party girl, they'd probably faint. They always wanted the best influence for her. She knew she would never be swayed from her commitment to her studies, though. Still, her parents would call it risky.

She exited the dormitory building and started making her way down to the medical building of health and science.

As she walked inside, she remembered the looks of pride and joy on her parents' faces when she told them she was going to study to be a doctor. They were already proud of her scholarship, but when she explained what her future plans were, they were even happier.

She had many reasons why she wanted to become a doctor. First, she wanted to help people. Of course, this is a reason a lot of people would have, but she really had good intentions in her heart. Second, her family was not rich, nor were they poor. But things were getting complicated with her father's work.

And she knew he can't take care of them forever. So she decided to take charge. So this was also for money.

Her older sister, Yoona, had dreams of acting. And Joohyun always supported that. In

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter