Expectations

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Missing

Chapter 4: Expectations

 

"Where is Jiyeon?" JiHyun asked her mother and did her best not to make eye contact with her. She had already set her mind to speak with Jiyeon and finally leave the house. She no longer wanted live with her parents, who always were hiding things. Jiyeon was enough old, that's why she wanted to talk with her and convince her to come as well.

"Jiyeon is not at home. Sehun's parents took them on a one day trip." Mrs. Park said with a straight face, she didn't even blink while looking at Jihyun. "Why do you need to talk with my daughter?"

Jihyun couldn't be more shocked from her mother's words. But that was the reality she had to face someday, sooner or later.

"Just pack your things and leave. You don't have the right to ruin Jiyeon's life too." Her mother spoke once again, her voice getting harsher and clearer. Her gaze didn't flinch either.

JiHyun bit her lip and finally looked at her mother's eyes. "Jiyeon has the right to know what are you doing, mother. You can't keep on lying to her. She will find the truth and then her reaction may be ever harsher." She spoke. "I will come tomorrow as well. I won't give up talking to her. I need to protect her."

Her mother laughed. "Protect her? From what? Me? Us?" Then she stopped laughing and glared at JiHyun. "Our name is what protects her. Go your way and let Jiyeon live happily. If you want her best, listen to me."

"I grew up, mother. Now I know I shouldn't trust you as much as before. And you better stop pretending to care about Jiyeon. Someone who treats students cruelly, can never love - even her own daughters. You prove me I'm right, mother." JiHyun didn't drop her gaze as well. Her mother was a dangerous woman and the truth indeed was scary.

With the things she knew, she couldn't live together with that person. The woman she called mommy, the one she loved with all her heart... that woman was wearing a mask. She was playing a well written character.

"Leave. Don't ever come near us, especially Jiyeon. You are no longer a part of our family."

"I will talk with Jiyeon. You don't have the right to stop me, mother." JiHyun did her best to appear fearless, but she didn't expect her own mother to slap her. That was probably the moment when JiHyun's last hope shattered. After realizing she just got slapped, JiHyun looked up at her mother. "Today your mask fell, mother."

 

...

"Oh, Jiyeon-ah. You were sleeping?"

Jiyeon rubbed her eyes and lightly nodded her head. "Yes, mother. Did you need me for something?" She asked while looking at her.

Her mother shook her head and smiled at her. "No, dear. Good thing you were sleeping, you need to rest on weekends so you can study well." She patted Jiyeon's shoulder and felt her tense up. "You must be feeling cold since you just woke up."

Jiyeon nodded immediately and looked away lightly.

"I will get something prepared for you. Come down after some time, okay?" And like that her mother walked out.

Jiyeon breathed deeply and sat down on the bed's edge. She wasn't sleeping. She knew something was going on from the moment when her mother locked her inside. But she didn't dare let out a sound.

She clearly heard the conversation between her sister and mother. She could sense the tension for a while, but today she realized it was real.

She could see how her sister spoke less and less in the house. today she realized she will rarely hear her sister from now on. She didn't want to make a choice. At least not for now...

 

--/---

 

“You’re getting ready already? Your meeting is two hours away.” Yongguk watched as JiHyun got ready in front of the mirror. She choose the most fitting outfit, made her makeup carefully and everything else. 

“Ever since seeing those pictures of her, I'm really worried. Maybe she waits to speak with me? maybe she can't reveal them to anyone else?” JiHyun really wanted to believe that. She wanted Jiyeon to trust her with her worries and everything. She wanted to be her shoulder to cry on. She wanted to make things like they were before she left.

“As much as I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter