Lies

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

!!! Before proceeding with reading this chapter, if you come to read this after receiving a notification saying that this story was updated, I would like to recommend you to read a few of the previous chapters in order to get in the mood of the story better because it has been almost a year since I've updated. If you read the past chapters, now, I hope you enjoy this update. See you in the author’s note right after the chapter :) !!!

 

Missing

Chapter 12: Lies

 

“Okay, so I found this company which agreed to publish a few copies and if I like how it turns out in a few years I can officially have my own book published with a few editing.” Sehun’s eyes were beaming as he spoke enthusiastically.  

Jiyeon nodded her head as she looked at him smiling widely. “I'm so proud of you, Oh Sehun. You did really well.” She patted his shoulder.

“But the thing is that I'm not confident with showing the book to SooJung or my family.” He confessed.

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow at him, although she could sense the reason behind it. “Why? I mean the story is beautiful, especially since it’s written by a fifteen year old.” She said and she meant everything. She really did love his story, his writing, his story… but at the same time it was really painful for her, because she was not a main character, heck, she wasn’t even mentioned in any way.

Sehun smiled happily. “The fact that there will be a physical copy is all because of you. I was relieved when you told me you found about it. I'm really thankful for your support. Really, you are an amazing friend.”

Jiyeon chuckled and flicked her hair back, expressing her confidence. “I'm your friend; of course I will support you. But so will SooJung and your parents.” She assured him.

 Although Jiyeon found about that woman – the main character in the book, she knew that no one else will guess about her. Jiyeon always observed the people around her without being obvious or suspicious – it became a habit after her sister left. She was being cautious while making sure no one noticed her being that way.

Sehun was not convinced. He was afraid because he himself knew that the fact that he was in love with a woman 13 years older than him was something extremely wrong in people’s eyes – his family, SooJung and even Jiyeon being part of those people. But he believed Jiyeon didn’t know about his love and he definitely didn’t want to tell her either.

He had thought about it before. If Jiyeon right now was in love with a man 13 years older than her, he would probably have locked her up somewhere and convinced her how wrong it was. He kept a look on her even when he started going out with Lee Hongbin who was in her class. He was very protective over her and he knew he would be protective over SooJung as well, but Jiyeon was slightly different – maybe it was because they grew up together.

But despite his knowledge of right and wrong, black and white, he couldn’t convince himself he was in the wrong. It was a constant battle when he was with his friends and his family and when he was with her. The things he felt when he was with her completely new, thrilling and he enjoyed it so much he knew he could never give it up.

Jiyeon pinched Sehun’s cheek as she noticed he was staring at the same place for a while now. “Wake up, Oh Sehun.” She chuckled. “I must go to bed now, we have school tomorrow.” She reminded him. Sehun had sneaked in her room that night and it was almost midnight already. It was something they always did – sneak into the other’s room when they felt like talking.

Sehun bit his lip and nodded, he was indeed in deep thoughts. “Jiyeon-ah, why did you break up with Hongbin?” he asked.

Jiyeon laughed quietly. “How do you even know I broke up with him?”

“You’ve been dating for almost a year, since our first year, now that we are second years did you want to find a new boyfriend?” he asked. “I mean, he used to be all over you, always on your side when we were at school, nowadays he is no longer around you.”

“I broke up with him in the summer vacation. We are still friends, I guess my crush didn’t really last.” Jiyeon said with a bitter smile on her face. All along she was in love with Sehun and as she tried to get over him she met Hongbin, she really had feelings for him as they dated, but Sehun messed up her mind way too much.

“If it’s real love, I'm sure it will last, even if really bad things happen.” Sehun assured her with a light pat on the shoulder.

Jiyeon shook her head. “I believe real friendship is much better than love. I think love is too destructive.” She chuckled to hide the sadness behind her words.

Sehun smirked. “Go to bed, you’ve been reading way too many books these days.” And he was right, but Jiyeon also experienced many things to say these words. “I'm going now. See you at school tomorrow. Sleep tight.” He waved at her and carefully sneaked out of her room.

Jiyeon closed her eyes trying to fall asleep sooner, because she knew that if she started thinking – she would think about Sehun and end up crying which will be obvious too SooJung the next day. She ended up crying and missing school because she knew she would be unable to face both Sehun and SooJung.

--/---

 

“You look horrible, dear.” Jiyeon’s mother said as soon as Jiyeon walked in the recording studio.

“Mother?” Jiyeon definitely didn’t expect a visit by anyone and the last person she wanted to meet these days wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter