farewell

Ah Yeah

 farewell; 


 

“Hello?”

 

Hani said on the other line for the third time. She was growing tired of it, so she threw it on the other end of the sofa, while resting her head on the pillow. She was calling Hyojin, because she was taking too long on her work. She sighed in frustration before she finally stood up. “Ugh, I guess I’ll just eat by myself.” She made her way into their oven, getting the newly heated soy garlic chicken. Wearing a frown on her lips, she started to devour the few pieces of chicken that Hyojin made for her. She loved to eat, but she felt sad that she was eating only by herself; she was totally in a situation she didn’t want to be in- being alone.

 

Ever since the accident happened, Hani felt nothing but fear. She was in pain, but her fear was topping the latter. She feared the sight of not being with her parents, whom she loved the most. She also knew that her sister, Hyojin, was also feeling the same way, but both knew they had to hide those feelings and be strong because, who will be, besides them? They kept this mindset after the incident happened. But, good thing that at the her darkest hour, someone came into her life. And that is-

 

“Ark.” She blurted out, as she was now sitting on the sofa, watching the same drama she and Hyojin had watched yesterday. As she looked at the screen, she saw again the actor Hyojin was talking about. And as her mind processed the appearance of the man, she remembered her sister’s words last night.

 

“You’re still thinking of that boy, don’t you?”

 

To be honest, Hani wasn’t really asleep when Hyojin was about to ask about “Ark”. She just didn’t want to talk about it. It’s not that she doesn’t like him anymore, it’s just that she knows Hyojin will just say the same thing she had told her last time: Forget about him. She didn’t want to forget him, of course!

 

As she was now getting a bit frustrated as she thought of those, the doorknob clicked and Hani smiled at the sight of who it was.

 

“Sis!”

 

--

 

“You’re so dumb, Mark Tuan, so dumb.” Mark said to himself as he lightly hit his forehead with the walkie-talkie. He sat up straight, before talking again to himself. “Her walkie-talkie could’ve been broken! Or… the battery’s dead too, just like mine!” He was trying to put up reasons to satisfy his curious mind. “Or maybe… she lost it.” And as he said it, he let out a grunt, frustrated at the fact that there was no reply when he tried to contact her through the device he gave to her nine years ago. As he ran his fingers through his hair, he took his phone and scrolled through the contacts, probably calling one of his close friends.

 

“Jinyoung?” He confirmed if Jinyoung was already on the other line. “Oh, Mark! Why did you call?” Jinyoung said as he sounded pretty sleepy. “Are you tired? I’ll just call later.” “Nah, it’s fine. I’m not tired, it’s just that there’s still a lot of things to work on in the student council. I decided to take a break first, and I guess spending it with my friend is not a bad idea. “ Mark could sense Jinyoung smiling. “So, what’s up?” He asked. “Man, I don’t know what to do anymore. I think I’m going crazy.”Before Mark could even continue, Jinyoung already knew what he was talking about. “You know Mark; I think you’re really out of your mind. You see, things like that aren’t the ones you should be worrying about too much.” Mark frowned. “I tried to contact her with the walkie-talkie.” “And you’d expect her to call you back? Goodness, Mark!  Look what year it is already! It’s 2015 and walkie-talkies aren’t the things people put to their bags and bring it with them all day!”

 

Jinyoung sounded like he was scolding Mark. Although Mark was receiving these kinds of words, he liked the fact that he actually does. Jinyoung had been a mother-like figure to him, out of all his friends. He was the one whom Mark had been running to whenever he had problems, wherein he couldn’t tell it to his parents. And every time he does, Jinyoung is always there to lend an ear to him and listen to whatever he has to say. He was Mark’s Athena, his modern-day wisdom deity.

 

“Okay, okay, fine. What should I do then? How can I find her? It’s just that- ugh, damn it.” Mark let out a sigh as he was already laying down on his bed. “To be honest, I think you should just forget about her.” As Mark heard those words, his eyes widened. “What are you talking abou-“ “Like seriously, you should stop trying to contact her. I’m not being a bad friend, okay!? I’m just worried about you.” There was a short silence before Jinyoug started to speak again. “To be honest, I think it’s impossible to find her, Mark. Yes, you came back but, how about her? Is she really still here? Did she still remember you?” Mark’s expression turned into a serious one. “She might have been out of Korea, just like you. There are many possibilities, Mark. I know I may sound rude, but I think you need to stop this whole-search thing. It’s not worth it.” Mark reflected at Jinyoung’s words of wisdom, as if his future life depended on it. He didn’t feel angry towards Jinyoung, because a part of him agrees with his friend. Maybe Jinyoung is right- maybe he should stop searching for this girl.  He was right, this was going nowhere. And it was really IMPOSSIBLE. If it wasn’t for the walkie-talkie he wouldn’t have even his mind get stressed at this moment.

 

“Plus, you got a new life here in Seoul. Maybe start living a good life, and forget this! Life’s too short to be like this, Mark Tuan. “ Jinyoung paused before talking again. “Hey, enough of this chit-chat. I gotta go back to work. I’ll just give you a call when I’m finished, okay?” Jinyoung said as he ended the call.

 

And as Mark JInyoung’s words, he looked at the walkie-talkie, giving it one last look before he decided to hide it on a box under his bed.

 

“I guess I should forget you now.” 


 author's note!

Guys! I'm baaaack! Yay. Hahaha. Anyway, exams are finished! Pleas pray for me     I'm sorry I posted this a little late than I promised, I was really sleepy and I had a sprain on my right foot so I decided to rest first. then I woke up late and yeah I quickly started this LOL I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! oooooh~ I know this was not what you're expecting (but if it is, comment XD), and that it was an unexpected turn in the story, because Mark is just so dependent on Jinyoung's words hoho

Also, thank you for the rapid increase of my subbies! Thank you so much for all of the support you're giving to me. 

Guys, I hope that this short update (im sorry if it is) won't let you think there won't be a happy ending! XD From now on, I'll be back to my 6-8 day update routine, so it's a yay for both me and you. hahaha 

Once again, thank you and as always, subscribe, comment, and upvote! 

p.s PLEASE DO COMMENT. ;;_;; haha. XD