that five seconds, not him!

it will good, in the end
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PIE's POV

 

My phone ringtone woke me up and got out of bed. Dragging my limp legs to reach the phone on table.

 

"Haloo ...."

 

"Pie."

 

"Oh, Mean, Hi." I crawled back under the covers. Ahhhh ...,it’s so  warm. Want to sleep again. "What’s wrong?"

"Nope, I just wanna talk .... You are definitely enjoy your nap, huh? Just because Sunday, you are just sleep all day long! You are lazy now, Pie"

 

"Hmmm, Mean, you call me just for give me a speech. I feel so bored with hang out, so I stay at home" I muttered. "How about you? Just stay at home too, right?"

 

Mean laugh. "Yes hhehehe." Her voice is so powerless.

 

"What’s happen?"

 

"Last night, Kim asked me : what if we are break up? "

 

My eyes are open. Kim said that to Mean?

 

"I do not know what he meant, Pie ..., it makes me can’t relax."

 

"Maybe he was just kidding," I said. "He's often so."

 

Mean chuckled. "Well ... maybe. But why he use a serious topic like that for joking with me?"

 

"Maybe for celebrating April Fool" I said out of the blue.

 

"Wake up Pie!! It’s June, not April.”

 

I'm chuckled, but my mind is full. Why does Kim have to spoil the atmosphere? It's enough we assume nothing happened that day, but it looks like he wants to start his own game. The longer the game was even less funny.

 

Kim and Pie are two things that impossible.

 

Every time I think of Kim, always face Mean which first appeared in my head. Mean who faithfully waited for Kim every time he exercises basketball as she called me and vent. Surprise birthday party year after year, the first kiss, Valentine and homemade chocolates, go for a walk together. Mean were initially indifferent nature often cry when Kim was recurrent. Normally, she would be more calm, after an hour on the phone while sobbing, accompanied by box of ice cream and wipes. During this time, I listened to the story from A to Z, as if I alone live it.

 

And, where the same commitment from Kim? Where affection, which is just up in the mouth?

 

"Hmmm, Mean ..., does Kim say anything else?"

 

"He asked, if one day he's not here anymore, how it would be?" Mean still less enthusiastic voice, unlike the usual Mean.

 

"And,  what your answer?"

 

"I'm telling him, it is something that can’t possibly happen." She paused, then continued, "Isn’t it funny, Pie, how Kim could suddenly say that. In fact, as long as we alright. Honestly, I can’t imagine that he suddenly went. If he suddenly gone ... . "

 

"Hush." I sit on the bed, still hugging bolsters. "Don’t talk weird, Mean."

 

Mean laugh, but the tone was serious when I said, "I care about Kim, Pie. Too bad."

 

CARE, I’m afraid that it’s also a taste that I feel to Kim. Should I admit, that when he hugged me, I'm actually happy like something is exploding in the heart? I should be honest, though very angry when Kim playing with Mean’s heart  like this, there are times when I wish not Mean which holds the status as Kim’s girlfriend, but I do.

 

I need to do.

 

However, Mean love Kim with all her feelings. And I have to keep that feeling.

 

"Take good care of that feeling, Mean." Similarly, I suggest it to Mean. "Don’t worry too much. Just love him, that's enough."

 

"Alright ..., thanks you, Pie."

 

I mused. Mike recalled. Cold hands, but will not release the grip with ease. Mike is also always looked lonely. We are all human beings alone. Need someone to fill the empty heart.

 

However, why Kim who already have more than enough, should be still looking for more?

 

 

MIKE's POV

 

I and Kim've known each other since childhood. If you want calculated, we have been friends for eighteen years; since we were both born in the same hospital, in the same month. Our mothers are good friends since college, who then married and gave birth in the same month. Maybe, I and Kim didn’t even choose to be friends, but the time we chose to close from the first moment we were both set foot in the world.

 

They say, we like heaven and earth. I grew up in families that apply discipline like drinking water. My Father is a gynecologist at a famous hospital in Bangkok, while he practiced at home as a general practitioner. My older brother also entered medical school. I learned to read and write since an early age, and always feel more mature than my other friend. Since childhood, I already knew I would become a doctor like another family member. I learned that it takes perseverance to achieve perfect results. We all live with the daily schedule tacked neatly on the desk of each. We don’t talk about our feelings. Our family mostly quiet, flat, and very stable. Everything takes on rational considerations.

 

While Kim lives in the family when the expression is a form of life. His father is a painter. Sometimes his entrance famous gallery, sold and managed to reap hundreds of millions of dollars. Sometimes none inspiration appears in his head, failed to touch the hand and the tip of the brush, leaving a vacancy for months on a white canvas. Deceased mother opened a small flower shop at home so their home filled with a variety of flowers, of carnations, daisy, orchids until roses of various colors. Their lives up and down, from having to tighten their belts in order to save money to buy a new car when their businesses are fertile. Kim lives with freedom to behave and speak.

 

Beyond our differences, we are a compact team. I patted the shoulder when he lost his first basketball game. He was the one who delivered a note of miss lessons when I was sick and missed school. And I conveys the message that Kim was not at home when the girls come ostensibly to buy flowers at home, so did he was laughing when the woman who likes to leave me love letters under my desk. Water and oil. Insoluble, but keep companying each other. We know each other inside and out, so it feels awkward when he asked something unusual, like a few days ago.

 

"Mike, how far your relationship with Pie already?"

The question that comes from Kim’s mouth that afternoon, after we both played basketball one on one in a court near his home, obviously making me freeze. So shame, because during the my relationship I never kiss Pie, even it just a quick kiss on her forehead. Anyway, I'm not the type of guy who likes fanfare problems romance and try to'adventure' myslef with girl, I m not like Kim.

 

One more. Why suddenly he ask this? Usually he was quite indifferent to other people's private affairs, especially as he knows very well I don’t like to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter