Butterflies(chanhun???)

Snippets and Shreds

I honestly actually can't remember what ship this was supposed to be, but rn I'm thinking chanhun works pretty well for it. Just ship your favorite chanyeol ship lol


Chanyeol had always loved trees. He was a rock climber, but like most, he had started climbing trees, and he always felt most at home when he was in a tree. Whether it be in a treehouse, or literally just laying on one of the branches, or even swinging from vines, Chanyeol loved it. It was the one thing that was 'wrong' about him. Other then his odd relationship with trees, most people found him to be, rather, perfect. He was good looking, and tall, he had a well built body, he was very smart, and he was the kindest person anybody had ever met. But, nobody liked it when he brought them home for what they thought would be some fun time ;), only to have Chhanyeol lead them to the tall tree in the back yard and watch as he gazed up at it with such love and affection that they had never gotten from him. He would usually hold their hand under the tree for a few minutes before letting go and almost jumping up the tree, like Spider-Man or Tarzan would. It was quite a feat to watch, without a doubt, but his partners were usually pretty at this point, and watching a tall, lanky man practically sprint up a tree was pretty much at the bottom of their to-do lists. 
Chanyeol, was, of course, always completely oblivious to this. His love of trees distracted him so much, he often forgot he had brought somebody home and would end up climbing down hours later, when the stars were bright and twinkling, and you could almost see more then usual because it was so late at night that the light pollution had dimmed exceptionally, to an empty home and an angry note scrawled on his kitchen table in sharpie.
He would usually sigh and his latest outfit before taking an extremely early morning shower and going to bed to try to catch a couple hours of sleep at the least. If they left him while he was in the tree, he knew they weren't the right person for him, so no matter how much he liked or enjoyed or even loved the person, they left him and he wasn't important enough for the two of them to ever possibly have a future together, and he knew that. Tragic past relationships had taught him to easily let go, and that nobody will ever be completely pleased with you, until you find the right person. There was always a little part of himself that believed that someday he would find the perfect boy or girl(Chanyeol is a proud biual) who will except him as he is, and maybe even some day, somebody will climb up in the tree with him, like they used to do when they were in grade school. Chanyeol hated the fact that once people graduated from college, or even high school for some of the oddly mature people, they always grew up. He didn't grow up. He refused to. He didn't want to grow up, to be an adult. Chanyeol had never wanted to grow up, and trees are his only escape, because while many people judge him from the ground below, he doesn't have to be aware of that if he just looks away and closes his eyes, pretending to be little six year old Chanyeol, thirty feet up in a pine tree, with a bag of toy trucks on his lap. He would drop them all the way to the ground, and try to make patterns with the toys, but being thirty feet up, the patterns wouldn't usually work out as he'd intended. They always end up looking pretty cool though, so, Chanyeol was okay with whatever pattern was produced. As he got older, he would start taking cameras up and taking pictures of whatever he dropped from the tops of trees. He was considered an art prodigy, and was on the path of a promising career, but it wasn't what he wanted. He liked climbing, and while of course he wasn't a super amazing climber, it was what he enjoyed most and they was all that mattered.
This time, he was alone in a tree on the school campus, studying for a project due next week. He was a college student and people were used to walking by to see him up in a tree working his heart out. Some people found it odd, and tried to speak to him, but he concentrated harder then anybody ever thought possible, and he wore head phones all the time, not to mention, he was usually twenty to thirty feet off the ground. He was sitting in a tree when a boy wandered under it and decided it was a good place as any to study. At least he would have shade. The boy started working on his paper that was due the next day, but he got distracted by the leaves of the tree he was sitting under. It looked so pretty. 
He set his laptop off to the side, his paper long forgotten, and laid himself down on the grass underneath the branches and the pretty leaves. They reminded him of the mural he, and the rest of his school had collectively created when he was in elementary school. The art teacher gave you a square tile of clay, and told you to paint a bug or a cloud or the sky or a tree or a flower on it. He had painted a flower. He remembered it was pretty and reminded him of tigers because it was based off of a flower called a tiger lily and he had made sure it was orange no matter what. Speaking of tigers, he had to make sure to note the 'Aladdin: a magically trip come true' festival next weekend so he could see a tiger in real life...was it even next weekend? It might be the weekend after that...or it could just as easily be tomorrow, the boy wasn't sure. It was when a butterfly passes under the tree and he started noting hits odd coloring and how it was just hovering in one space like a helicopter, when he realized it wasn't a butterfly at all. He didn't know what it was, but it piqued his interest and he decided he'd have to investigate.