Just This One Night

Jikook Scenarios

Summary: Jungkook can’t sleep, and makes the very intelligent choice of choosing Jimin to go to.

 

            Jungkook figured it would be okay if he did it just this one night.

            Just this once. Besides, Jimin’s probably too sleepy to remember anything the next morning. So just this once.

            It was all Yoongi’s fault, anyways. Forcing him to watch a horror movie with him. Now he was forced to seek comfort from someone he’d been trying to ward off for two years. It didn’t help that the fans were always shipping them together. As well as the members, the staff – even their ing manager thought the two of them looked cute together.

            Ugh.

            Jungkook suddenly realized he was standing by Jimin’s bed.

            The half-asleep figure before him looked so suddenly terrifying, Jungkook lost his nerve and almost turned to head back to his room. Maybe he could try waking Namjoon up.

            Ha. Ha ha. Namjoon would probably break something if Jungkook woke him up. Besides, he’d already managed to creep out of his room and into the one Jimin shared with Taehyung and Hoseok without once hurting his feet by stepping on the these people had lying around everywhere.

            So just this once, he told himself again.

            Gulping down his tangled nerves, Jungkook tapped the familiar muscled shoulder of his way-too-affectionate hyung.

            “Mm?” Jimin’s half-awake voice was husky and lower-pitched than usual. It was almost as deep as Jungkook’s. He sounded y.

            Jungkook caught himself. No, he does not. Ew.

            “Er, hyung,” Jungkook whisper-shouted awkwardly, “it’s, uh, me. Jungkook.”

            “Oh, Jungkookie,” Jimin’s voice brightened considerably. Jungkook forced down a groan. Jimin was his last resort for a reason. “What is it?”

            “Yoongi hyung forced me into watching another horror movie, and now I can’t ing sleep.” Jungkook complained. “And we have our schedule tomorrow...”

            Wordlessly, Jimin shifted so that there was enough space for another body to lie in bed beside him. Taehyung stirred from the upper bunk.

            “Thanks.” Jungkook tried not to let too much of his gratitude show. He crawled under the covers beside Jimin, trying to keep as much distance between the two of them as possible. Dammit, why was this bed so tiny?

            With the comfort of Jimin’s warmth near him, Jungkook closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

            Nope. It was better now, but it still wasn’t working. Jungkook was still terrified.

            Five minutes later, Jimin spoke up. “Holy , did Yoongi show you that one? The one with the ribs and the-?”

            Jungkook shuddered instantly, remembering the horrific scenes he’d been forced to watch just a couple of hours ago. “Don’t bring it back, please.”

            “No wonder you can’t sleep.” Jimin’s voice was soft, melting Jungkook’s dignity and the protective barrier he used to block off Jimin’s affections. He made a mental note to reinforce it in the morning.

            In the morning. Not now.

            Jimin rolled over, and Jungkook realized just how close they were lying despite his previous efforts to put as much space between them as possible. Their noses were almost touching, and he could feel Jimin’s breath on his lips. Bare-faced Jimin, raw, sleepy Jimin just an inch or so away from him. If he leaned forward and angled his head a little-

            Ohhhhhhkay.

            “Just sing to yourself. That’s what I did.” It occurred to Jungkook that Jimin was acting different – not as clingy and annoying as he was in the daytime, more mature and calm and soothing. He decided it was the sleepiness. He also decided he liked this Jimin better.

            “What do I sing?”

            “Just sing whatever. It’s not like you’re a bad singer.”

            “But...”

            “Listen, do you want to sleep or not? Because no one wants to deal with a sleep-deprived Jungkook in the morning.”

            There it was. Jimin called him Jungkook, not Jungkookie, for the first time in ing forever. Jungkook decided the elder was really serious about this whole singing thing and decided to comply, just this one night.

            “Sarangiran apeugo apeun geot yeah...” Jungkook swallowed, squeezing his eyes shut, and tried to ignore the embarrassment bubbling in his chest. “Ibyeoriran, apego deo apeun geot gatae...”

            “Niga eopseumyeon nan andoel geot gata...” Jimin joined in, their creaky morning-voice-to-the-extreme voices mixing in shaky harmony.

            “Saranghaejwo sawanghaejwo, dasi nae pumeuro wajwo...”

            As they both trailed off, Jungkook randomly noticed it was the perfect moment for Jimin to be putting his arms around him. Surprisingly, he didn’t.

            Surprisingly, Jungkook was disappointed.

            “Hyung?”

            “Mm?”

            “Kkwak jabajwo,” he whispered softly, half-singing, half-talking. He was starting to feel drunk from drowsiness. That was the only reason he was acting this way.

            Yes, that was the only reason. Not because Jungkook secretly daydreamed about this kind of thing. Not because-

            Yes, drowsiness was the only reason.

            “Are you sure?” Jimin asked. His eyes were hesitant. No wonder. He was probably too used to Jungkook pushing him away. Guilt forming a hard lump in his throat, Jungkook realized how much he’d hurt Jimin before. Like, just yesterday, when he told him a bit too harshly to leave him alone... and hadn’t even apologized. Had he ever apologized to Jimin for anything?

            Jungkook sighed. He should be feeling lucky, just having Jimin forgive him over and over again. “I’m sure. Just... that’s the only way I’ll be able to sleep tonight.”

            “And you came to me?” Jimin was clearly amused and endeared by the thought.

            “Shut up.”

            And then Jimin kissed him.

            It was a quick one, just a light angling of heads and brushing of lips, but it still sent Jungkook’s heart racing so fast he almost became wide awake. He was suddenly aware of a lot of things – their proximity, Jimin’s scent, the fact that they were holding hands underneath the blanket and he hadn’t even noticed, the fact that he was actually enjoying it.

            He was enjoying it.

            Jimin pulled away and rubbed his forehead against Jungkook’s. “Better?”

            “Mm,” was all Jungkook had the current mental capability to say.

            “I’m glad.” Jimin chuckled a bit. Jungkook could tell, he could feel Jimin’s breath on his lips. He closed his eyes, and realized that he really could sleep now.

            And so he did, at two in the morning, still holding hands with Jimin underneath the blankets.

            He could stand being like this, just for this one night.

~

            “What the hell?” was Namjoon’s immediate response once he found the two in the morning.

            Jungkook’s immediate response – .

 

A/N: Wrote this at like two in the morning after I woke up from a really weird dream feeling lonely and romantically deprived. Don't judge.