chapter 36: the email

Mrs Charming & Mr Cinderella

A month later

At that morning was a busy day like always, Min ho had to take care of the triplets all by himself because they didnt want anyone else to take care of them besides their father. 2 weeks before that, Lee bou yong took care of the triplets but they cried for the whole day until their father returned home and slept in his embraces.

At the office

Jaejoong was finishing his work when Min ho knocked the door.

Min ho: Inspector Kim..did you call me?

Jaejoong:yes. This few days i saw you looked tired and unmotivated..what's wrong?

Min ho: Nothing, sir..it's just that i didnt have much sleep lately..i need to take care of my sons.

Jaejoong: i think you need to take a few days leave..spend more time with them and bring your sons to vacation or anything..they need your attention right now.

Min ho: thank you so much for your care, sir

Jaejoong: It's ok..i know how it feels to be a single father..it was quite hard for me to take care of Seo Jun when he was a baby..and it must be worse for you to take care of three babies at the same time.

Min ho: i'm trying my best to be a good father for them..yeah it hard sometimes but i need to endure it.

Jaejoong: that is the strength of a father, you know, we are the real supermen.

 

On the way home, he stopped at the toy store to buy a few toys for the boys.A smile curled on his lips when he thought about them.

*inside the toy store*

The promoter: (smile)may i help you sir?

Min ho: i want to buy toys for my sons. But i dont know which ones they will like.

Promoter: i will help you to choose, sir but how old your sons are?

Min ho: they are 6 months old.

Promoter: (chuckled) they are too young to play with toys. but if you still want to buy, i think something soft like this will attract their attention.

Min ho: so, i think i'll take these. And just take anything that is suitable for them to play, alright?

Promoter: of course sir.

After he bought the toys, he went straight home and found the boys were crying while the maids tried to calm them down. Without any delay, he kissed Dong wook, Jong suk and Hyun woo's fluffy cheek and like a magic, they immediately stopped crying.

'Dont cry, men doesnt cry easily, you know'. He mumbled to the boys. 'Dong wook didnt cry too much today actually..i think maybe because he's the oldest brother'. Lee bou yong smiled when she talked about her grandchildren. 'really? I think i can count on you, Dong wook..be a good boy and take care of your brothers, understand?. Ji hyo would be so proud of you'. That was the first time Min ho mention her name since her death.

 

That night, after he put the triplets to bed, he lied down on the bed and stared at Ji hyo's space beside him. 'Ji hyo..do you still remember that you didnt let me sleep in the same bed with you? And now i'm sleeping alone without you. Can you come back? The bed is too big for me and i'm longing for your touch..I need you..we need you'. All this time he put a smile on his face and say 'I'm alright' all the time because he tried to look strong for the sake of his sons but actually the pain in his heart was unbearable. Sometimes at night, when he couldnt fall asleep, he will call her phone just to hear her voicemail and to him, that was enough to ease the pain.

 

 

 

 


 

'don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened' - Dr seuss 

 


 

 

 It was already 2 a.m in the morning when Min ho heard Hyun Woo's crying voice. He immediately went to the boys' room and lift him up before he wake Dong wook and Jong suk up. ' Hush hush my boy..daddy is here, dont cry anymore'. After gave the little boy some milk, Min ho sang a lullaby that Ji hyo always sang before. Hyun woo stared at his father's face and hold his finger with his small hand until he fell asleep. Even though Hyun woo got Min ho's look, but he still have Ji hyo's big and beautiful eyes. The way Hyun woo looked at Min ho was like he tried to comfort him and that gave Min ho a warmth feeling in his heart. 'Hyun woo..right now, i really miss your mother that it hurts my heart. Sometimes i feel like crazy..her face, her touch, her scent, her laugh..everything in this house reminds me of her. I tried to be strong but i cant..help me, Hyun woo'.

 

 He was thinking about Ji hyo when suddenly he got a message from Soo jin. ' Mr Lee, i'm sorry to disturb you early in the morning, but i need you to read an email that you just received'.

Min ho thought it must be an important thing so he quietly left the triplets room and turn on his laptop. He got an email 12 minutes ago and what made him shocked was the sender's name. It was Ji hyo.

 

'death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal' - Headstone in Ireland