Character Profiles

Meaningful Mess

Lim Changkyun-

Age: 16

Background: He lived in Boston for 3 years when he was a kid and can speak English very well. He transferred to Starship High because his family suddenly had to move to Seoul for his father's work (his family is originally from Gwangju).

Personality: He's rather quiet at first but is quite playful and cute once you get to know him.

Other Info: He likes music and rapping.

Chae Hyungwon-

Age: 17

Background: He grew up in Gwangju but moved to Seoul before high school. He mostly kept to himself before entering Starship High and becoming a part of Monsta X.

Personality: He's quiet most of the time and can't do aegyo (he gets really embarassed when people ask him to do it). He's actually quite funny and warm once you get to know him. Despite being known as the "visual" of Monsta X he's quite manly and doesn't like being called pretty.

Other Info: His hobbies are dancing and sleeping (his favorite place to sleep is on the school rooftop).

Lee Jooheon-

Age: 17

Background: He's lived in Seoul his whole life. He is a very popular underground rapper known as LAW.

Personality: He's very confident and bold. Despite his fierce appearance he's actually very kind and does aegyo a lot.

Other Info: He is in Changkyun's first class because he skipped too many times last year and didn't end up passing the class.

Lee Minhyuk-

Age: 18

Background: He and Wonho have been friends since middle school.

Personality: Usually he's very funny and is a ball of energy but can be very different if he dislikes you.

Other Info: He likes doing things that allow him to move around a lot and be as loud as he pleases. He's also really good at funny dances.

Shin Hoseok-

Age: 19

Background: Everyone calls him Wonho, even the teachers. He is very close friends with Minhyuk.

Personality: He is very proud of his looks and never misses an opportunity to bare his abs. He's also very sweet and is a little bit of a dork.

Other Info: He sleeps a lot (almost as much as Hyungwon, even though he denies it) and likes to work out.

Yoo Kihyun-

Age: 18

Background: He's been friends with Shownu since childhood because they grew up in the same neighbourhood.

Personality: Very kind and sociable; he's known as the "umma" of the group.

Other Info: He likes to sing (it's one of the things he and Shownu have in common).

Son Hyunwoo-

Age: 19

Background: He's called Shownu by everyone. He's childhood friends with Kihyun and is the leader of Monsta X.

Personality: He's jokingly called a robot because his responses are usually very deadpan.  He's really a bit of a dork but is overall very funny and kind.

Other Info: His hobbies are singing and dancing and he spends a lot of his time making sure his dongsaengs stay out of trouble.