Cherry Kiss

Just one moment

It’s been 3 years already, I have met my special someone. Just perfect enough to cater my needs and wants at the same time. And never have I expected that she’ll come into my life. How she mend my broken heart, where I left it back in Seoul…. How she would fill every gaps between  those cracks… and how she would make me feel complete and jut let my heart feel happy.

========================================================================================

This is how I met her.

 

6 months has passed since I left Korea for my job at Wells Fargo in the US. I have left everything back in Korea, no excess baggage… I need to move on and to seek a better life… not just to have a better life but to have a good and fresh start… After, all the love, hopes and dreams it was left all in vain. It hurts to know that she is married. But, stupid me and my assumptions… This is what I get! I have moved on… but, just 5% of it… Well, it’s a good start isn’t it?

 

I tried meeting new people which my co- workers would set me up on various blind dates. But, none of them would suit my taste or my personality unlike hers. Well, she is just the way I wanted to be, but, what else can I do… since she’s married.  So, I tried ending this blind dating bonanza of mine because obviously it’s getting nowhere.

 

One day, during lunch time I went to the park near my office to clear everything that would comes in and out from my head. Thinking about the incentives, perks, taxes… blah… blah… You know those grown-up stuffs… Yeah, you would get what I mean… and then suddenly Jessica would pop out from nowhere. ! I would curse right away! I just hate that her face and smile would just flash right suddenly into my head. It’s obvious I haven’t moved on from her but I get the hang of it.

 

I spotted an empty bench which faces the playground. I really love sitting on this bench and love to watch kids play. Oh! How I wish to be a kid again! No problems about life especially LOVELIFE! I stretched my arms and legs to release out the stress and relax my muscles. I fished out my Cherry flavored lollipop and shove it into my mouth. I really love Cherry flavored lollipops because it would give you this sweet taste and then you would feel its tangy aftereffect. It reminds of me of LOVE. I lazily looked at the kids playing, and suddenly I could feel my eyes are a bit heavy. So I gave them a little shut eye.

 

All I can hear are the rustling of leaves, children’s laughter, honking of cars from afar, the ringing of bells from bikes that passes by, my slow breathing and I can feel the cool breeze that would gently caress my face. Suddenly, my lap was heavier and my shoulders were stiff. I can feel that someone is sitting on me and giving me a big and tight embrace. The smell, the touch and the warmth… They’re not new to me but something I’m familiar with… something I’m longing for… something I have missed for these past six months.

 

“I miss you” she whispered in my ear,

 

 I was taken by surprise. ! This is not good! My heart is beating erratically again! I was biting on the lollipop hard! Holy ! Am I dreaming? Or am I being trolled?

 

I release myself from her tight embrace and looked at her.

 

“Boss?” I exclaimed. What the is she doing here in the US?

 

 “Sooyoung! How dare you left me behind?! You didn’t even manage to say goodbye to me!” as she shook my body “And don’t you ever call me Boss! We’re not in the office anymore! Call me Jessica!” she exclaimed, she slapped my arm

 

“Ow!” I winced and rubbed my arm to soothe out the pain. Leave her? What the hell is she talking about?  “What are you talking about?” I said confusingly,

 

“This!” she pulled out the lollipop out from my mouth and she latched onto lips. We’re kissing now, this moment captivates me. Im kissing her! ! Im ing kissing her!!!  From the latch on, slowly we began to explore each other’s mouth. tasted like cherry, my favorite. It must be from my cherry flavored lollipop. I get what she meant now. It is so sweet and I can’t believe I’m kissing her… but… WAIT! Something came into my mind. I broke off our kiss and I looked into her tantalizing eyes.

 

“Wait! Aren’t you married?” I exclaimed on my seat.

 

She looked at me with a smirk and began laughing so hard. “So this is why you left me?”

 

“Sort of?” I shrugged my shoulders.

 

“Oh Sooyoung! My one and only sweet, innocent Sooyoung who makes my heart beat fast! No, I am not married” she said, as placed her forehead onto mine and she nuzzles her nose onto my nose.

 

“B-but… What about that squishy kid and…” I said, she placed the lollipop inside my mouth to stop me from talking.

 

“I can’t believe you’re jealous over to my big brother and my nephew” she said, giggling on my lap.

 

Big brother? Nephew? Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!

 

 “But, why is he calling you Eomma? And why are you calling your brother Yeobo?” I asked,

 

“Hush! My Sooyoungie! I’ll explain it to you” she said, as she places her index finger onto my mouth. “ My brother had someone pregnant in the office. The mother of the child decided to abort the baby because it would affect her career. My brother told me all about this but I was against of their idea. I really don’t want an innocent child to be murdered just for that” She said, I could see the anger from her face. “ After, Kyungsoo was born, her mother left her and we never knew her whereabouts. She’s gone like that without any trace” as she snaps her fingers. “So, I acted as her mother since that day.” Finishing her story, as she rested both of her arms on my shoulders.

 

“Uhuh?” a raised an eyebrow to her, giving her the impression I’m still not satisfied with her dramatic story which is actually true.

 

“The Yeobo thing? It’s a brother and sister thing” she smiled at me

 

“Ooooh… I get it!”  I nodded. “So this means? You like me?” I asked, as I looked up into her eyes.

 

“Isn’t  it obvious Choi Sooyoung? Since the day you first stepped inside the office I already had my eyes on you! And I was so happy when you got promoted because I can spend more time with you! But, then you just completely disappeared into thin air! You just don’t know how heartbroken I was!” she said, playing the locks on my hair.

 

I can’t believe I was deceive! Me and my crazy assumptions I should’ve confessed to her earlier.

 

“But, how did you find me?” I asked again,

 

“Well all thanks to Victoria of course!” she exclaimed,

 

“But…” I said.

 

“Enough with the buts! I just want to abuse every inch of your lips!” she pulled out my lollipop again.  She dives onto my lips again and we were kissing passionately. We were back into our world and it was perfect. The taste feels so good and I just can’t believe that she’s mine. We parted from our kiss and she rested her forehead onto mine.

 

“Choi Sooyoung! I love you so much!” she said, kissing my forehead,

 

“Jessica Jung! I love you even more!” as I kissed on her lips.

===================================================================================

That’s how I met her.

 And she’s mine forever.

In life, sometimes we need to let go of something in order for us to know that person is the right one. If it’s meant to be, then it’s meant to be. A little bit of a sacrifice will open your eyes to see a clearer picture. It was very painful. It was a very hard choice to make and I didn’t even know the answer was in front of me after all. That’s the irony of life. I went all the way to the US to forget her… in the end we were meant to be after all.

I am happy.

 I never asked from anything else but her.

                                                                                                =END=

                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey guys! Hope you like the ending! See yah around! :D