Level Up!

Just one moment

After the lunch date, I didn’t put my hopes up anymore. I know she’s married but… UGH!!!

 

Why is she married? Why does she have a child? Why do I love her? For Pete’s sake!!! My inner goddess is running circles.

 

I tried to avoid my eye on her. Avoiding her as much as I can do and well… I’m back to my old routine again… Photocopying these and that… Audit here and that… Answering business call here and that… Here and that… here and that… Jessica… Here and that… Did I just mention her again???!!! Arrgh!!! She’s driving me crazy!!! She’s driving my heart crazy!!!

 

Days have passed already… again I’m avoiding every inch of her. Every inch of her face,smell, breathe and even shadow!!! And I think she already noticed it… I think? But at some point you can never ever avoid that person as much as you want to… especially that person is soo special to you...

 

“Miss Choi” she called out my name

 

! I hate hearing her voice! Her sweet and addicting voice. I was on my desk busy rechecking my customer’s account. I pretended not to hear her. You know let’s play a little bit hard to get. Hahahaha. Silly me! But I miss her voice... her face...her smile... everything of her!!! I miss it so much!!! Okay! I should stop this Hide-and-Seek treatment. Back to spazzing at her...

 

“Miss Choi” she said again as she touched my shoulder

 

! I shudder on my seat as electric impulses came across to my veins and made my heartbeat fast again! My inner goddess in me is rolling on the floor already.

 

I turned my head to look at her “Yes Boss?” I asked,

 

“Do you have a minute?” she asked,

 

What’s up with her? Why does she need to talk to me?

 

I just shook my head and pointed at Victoria who was busy doing some paper works.

 

“No, I want you Miss Choi” she said,

 

I gulped. Want me? Want me for what? As far as I know she has an assistant to help her with something but why me? How I wish she meant that she really wants me.

 

I want you too,Boss!!! I shouted in my mind. She just doesn’t know how much I want her!

 

“Come on now” she said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me up from my seat. “Follow me”

 

I followed behind her, and the scent of her perfume lingers behind every step she makes. Her curly brown locks would bounce around. So bouncy! It’s like she’s doing this shampoo commercial.

 

We stopped in front at the Executive’s office where the boss of all bosses in our division is in there. She holds the door knobbed and looked at me for one last time before I go in.

 

“Miss Choi, the reason why I need to borrow you is because Boss Hwang wants to talk to you” she said and then she opened the door for me “Good luck!” she said giving me a wink.

 

I stepped inside the office and I was blinded by bright pink colors. Damn! She’s really addicted to pink! I guess rumors are true that her office is all pink. It was my first time stepping inside the Executive’s office. There are only two reasons you can get into the office. First, is that you’re being promoted. Second, you’re being fired. ! I’m sweating like a pig already, I hope she didn’t saw me dancing on the CCTV during office hours maybe this is the reason why she called me?

 

“Good afternoon, Boss Hwang!” I greeted, I slowly walked towards her desk

 

Boss Hwang is busy scribbling something on her desk. When she heard my voice she slowly looked up and gave me her famous eyesmile.

 

“Ooh. Miss Choi you’re here already!” she said, as she glanced back to her scribbling. “Please take a seat” gesturing me to the empty seat in front of her.

 

I took my seat and after a few minutes she stopped scribbling.

 

“Do you know why I have called you to my office?” she asked,

 

I shook my head and slowly began twiddling my fingers on my lap.

 

She gave me her trademark eye smile where every men in the office… Oh! not just men but women also would go head over heels… But, sorry Boss... no matter how pretty, witty or attractive you are my heart belongs to Jessica Jung. I mean Boss Jung…

 

“ I would like to congratulate you for being promoted as one of the managers in the division” Boss Hwang said,

 

“P-promoted?” I stammered,

 

Did she just said I’m being promoted? Did she just told the right person?

 

“Miss Choi, lemme clear myself again” she clears “ YOU-ARE-BEING-PROMOTED” she said, emphasizing each word

 

My eyes widen and I was smiling from ear to ear. I can’t believe I’m being promoted.

 

“Congratulations!” she extended her arm to shake hands. I grabbed her hand and I abusively shook it to the extent she was smiling at me awkwardly.  I was jumping up and down in her office. I’m so happy! Very very happy! My inner goddess is doing backflips, headstands and sommersaults.

 

“Ok now, Miss Choi!!! Calm down before you wreck my office” she said, stopping me from my mini celebration in my own world “ You’ll be starting next month and you’ll be partners with Jessica Jung”

 

“With Boss Jung?” I said, tilting my head

 

“Correct! You’ll be partners in crime now! And I expect a lot from you guys!” she said, as she pat my shoulder.

 

Gahd!!! We’ll be partners now! Before she was my boss,my senior… Right now, we’ll be colleagues!!!

 

I am so excited!!! I can’t wait to work with her!!! My inner goddess is very ecstatic!

 

==========================================================================

 

I safely arrived at home and Im so excited to tell my family regarding about my promotion.

 

They’ll be very happy when they hear this awesome news! Their daughter who stayed at the company for quite sometime is being promoted!!! Dad and Mom will be so proud!!!

 

I entered our house and headed directly to the kitchen. My Mom is on the phone talking to someone and Dad is on the dining table watching the evening news. I greeted them and headed directly to the fridge to grab some snack.

 

“Sooyoung!” my mom called out to me

 

“Yes Eomma?” I replied, as I grabbed some chocolate pudding from the fridge

 

“Come here for a moment” she said, gesturing to come near her. “Yes… Yes… she just arrived from work… I’ll try to talk to her… Yes… I know… Most likely she would agree to this…. Thank you again, Unnie! I’ll call you back about her decision… Goodnight!” as she ended her phone call.

 

“Who was that Eomma?” opening the pudding snack

 

“It was your Auntie Sunye from the States” she said,

 

“Yep, What about her?” I asked, gahhd this pudding is good!

 

“She said… You’ve been accepted at Wells Fargo and you can start a month from now!” she said excitedly,

 

“What?! I’ve been accepted?!” I hit my head with my hand and leaned on the kitchen’s counter top.

 

Gahd! What a day! I’ve been bomb with two awesome news and I can’t choose which is which. Well, first of all I would like to work with Jessica… I really, really want to spend time with her… I want to know her… I want to know her family… What does her child looks like? How did she met her husband? And most important of all… I want to be one of her closest friend. I want to build a relationship with her despite the fact she’s married. I can handle the unrequited love as long were good friends, right?

 

But… ! Wells Fargo!!! This company will be a big leap in my career. Since I was a fetus floating in side my mother’s womb I was dreaming of it. I want to be part of that company! I want to be the CEO of the company! I’m in love with that company! I want to rule over it so bad!!!

 

“What’s the matter? Isn’t your dream to be part of Wells Fargo?” My mother asked, she noticed as I grimaced from the good news.

 

“Yes ma! Im actually happy with the about Wells Fargo. But, I was recently promoted at my job and I just can't choose which..” I said, staring blankly at the space. "Plus, I have someone special..." I said shyly.

 

“Oooh!!! I can’t believe my daughter is being promoted and in love at the same time. I hope I cane meet the special someone of yours soon.” My mother giggled, “Well, at the end of the day it’s your decision” she kissed my head “ Im soo proud of you!” she patted my shoulder and called out my dad for dinner.

 

Dang! Now Im torn between two things I love. My dream girl… and my dream job…

3