Cat's Eye

Just one moment

The following events are 50% true and 50% made up. Hahahaha. I just decided to write this multi shot because I just can’t get him off my mind. Even though the characters are SooSica. Hahahaha. Hope, you’ll enjoy! :D

 

==============================================================================

Our first encounter…

 

Dang it! I’m late for my work and my boss will so scold me when he sees my cutie patootie face. Hahaha. Alright! Enough of self-praising now, I glance at my watch and its 10 mins before I’ll log in. The traffic is heavy because drivers are too naïve to hit the gas when the green light is on. I’m inside the taxi and instructed the driver to make it fast because I’m so late.
 

“Go! Go! Go! “I nagged at the taxi driver when I saw the green light is on.

 

Next time, I should really sleep early because Monday is always hectic! I’m Choi Sooyoung working as an intern at JP Morgan. I’m an accountant and I love to play with numbers. JUST NUMBERS! And I already spent 8 months working here. They told me it would be a good stepping stone for fresh graduates so I took my chance here.

 

Anyway, back to my hectic Mondays. I thankfully arrive at the office but I’m late as ever! Its 7:15 on my watch and I tried to pull out some things from my locker as fast as I can. I was running down the hallway not looking on my way, because I was looking for my access card so I can go inside the office. Yes! I found it I hastily swiped my card and abruptly entered the office… I halted for a second because Im almost bumped into this lady.

 

And then time stops for just a moment when I stare into her eyes. She’s wearing those cat eye spectacles which makes her look attracted. Her hair was tied up and her lips are red and rosy. My gahd! For the last 8 mons. I have been working here I never get to see her. Is she new? I asked myself.

 

“Excuse me” she said, giving me a smile. I realize I was blocking her way.  Her smile just made my heart melted away… She passed by me… and her scent lingers on my nose… I looked back at her as she made her way to the door disappearing from my sight. Dang It! I have a crush now!

 

================================================================================

“Hey! Choi Sooyoung!” Victoria, one of my officemates, called me out

 

“What?” I said back,

 

We’re at our desk doing some auditing and some other paper works. And then she approached me with her chair.

 

“Why are you spacing out lately?” she asked,

 

“Oh nothing! Im just enjoying my view!” giving her a grin. During these past few days… since our first encounter, I would always see her now in the office.

 

“OMG! Don’t tell me you’ve got a crush on Miss Jung!” Victoria shrieked,

 

My officemates turned around and both gave us a skeptical look. She also looked at us and wondered.

 

“Yah! Shut up! What are you talking about” I panicked because I can hear her footsteps approaching us. “I was looking at the sky…”

 

“Guys, is everything alright?” she said,

 

Me and Victoria just nodded. “Okay, please get back to work or else boss Kim would kill both of you because of procrastinating  in the office” she said, she looked at me and gave me a warm smile and left.

 

“Shut up! Sooyoung I know it’s not the sky you’re looking at… I’ve been observing you for these past few days and you’re eyeing on her” Victoria said,

 

I know she’s my eyecandy for these days and I can’t help because she makes my heart flutter.

 

“See! You’re looking at her again!” Victoria said,

 

“Am not!”

 

“Yes! You do!” slightly raising her voice

 

“Am not!” raising it higher

 

“Miss Choi and Miss Song!” Boss Kim called out, one of the big bosses came to us

 

Me and Victoria startled after hearing the voice of our boss. We both looked at each other and turned our heads around and saw Boss Kim glaring at us.

 

“You two better straighten out or else I’ll FIRE the both of you!” she reprimanded us and then she went away.

 

“Thanks a lot Victoria!” I said,

 

She just gave me a grin and sighed on my seat. We went back working again… and then I realized I didn’t know her name… I know her last name but didn’t know her first name… I moved my chair closer to Victoria and I poked her arm.

 

“Stop it, Sooyoung! Or else Boss Kim will kill us!” Victoria said,

 

“Victoria, I need to ask you something” I said in a low tone voice

 

“What?” she looked at me

 

“What do you know about her?” I said,

 

She gave me a big smile, grabbed my collar and pulled me underneath the table and then she pulled out her phone.

 

“I knew it! You like her!” she said, opening her Facebook profile. After, that she typed on the search bar ‘Jessica Jung’ . Jessica… Jessica is her name…

 

“Here we go…! This is her profile feel free to explore it” she whispered. and she sat back up onto her seat

 

I looked at her profile and read some information about her… She’s just a year older than me and I can’t believe she’s the next in line after my boss’ position… and then when I was about to look at her pictures… my heart sank… she have numerous pictures with a baby… Can’t believe she’s married… I tried to scroll to see her husband but I can't since some of her photos are private. I gave Victoria’s phone back, I just felt sad looking at those pictures. Oh well!

 

“You don’t want to see more of her FB?” she asked,

 

“Nah!!! She’s married already” sighing on my seat

 

“Oh! Cmon, Choi it’s just a crush… I know you’ll find one soon.” She patted my back and we both continued working

 

I sulked at my seat and could feel my heart is ripping apart. Ouch! Why is it so hard to breathe? I took one last glance at her before proceeding on my work.

 

Oh Love! *sighs*