Island

Honeydew

Yoseob was right the next day they still had the photoshoot going on but this time at a different location, it was also a pain in the to wake up at five in the morning to get themselves ready since this photoshoot was much further away than before. Shuffling into the van the group tried their best to be comfortable for their endless drive ahead of them. 

 
"how long is it going to take us to get there anyway" kikwang asked, stealing the seat next to the window much to dongwoons displeasure. 


"about four hours, so this is everyone's last chance of making sure that you have everything with you" 
 
the maknae line groaned, four hours on the road stuck inside the van. Doojoon hushed their complaints as he reached over to put the radio on. It was about an hour in on their road trip; dongwoon,kikwang, and doojoon were now absorbed in their own world chattering excitedly about a new game that was soon to be released whilst the radio still played on in the background. 
 
hyunseung was sat beside yoseob who was skimming over their fan sites reading and replying to fans messages, looking behind him he found none other than junhyung with his hands glued to his phone. 

There was the twinge in his heart again, whenever up until now all he could think about was why junhyung was treating him this way and how long this would go on for before he couldn't handle it anymore. Tearing his gaze away hyunseung watched the view outside the window instead, he needed to distract himself before he got too deep into his thoughts again. 


 

---
 


Luckily the whole day of the photoshoot ended up making the day go faster than expected. With the photoshoot done and dusted all was left on the list was a couple of extra recordings for the album and as usual dance practice again. Toeing off his shoes by the doorway hyunseung decided that he might as well have a quick nap before dinner, once his head finally hit the comfy pillow he was instantly out like a light. Even though he only managed to get a two hour nap before kikwang had woken him up for dinner. 

 
following the younger into the kitchen he hid a yawn behind his hand, that power nap really had him feeling refreshed.  
 
"I haven't had chicken in ages! Today really is a good day." dongwoon announced handing a glass of water to yoseob. 
 
"I'm going to use this opportunity to eat as much as I can." 
 
yoseob laughed, "if you eat too much your abs will disappear before you can even blink" he teased making kikwang scoff loudly in return. 
 
"my abs will never disappear. they're a national treasure." 
 
this time doojoon spoke up, "please we all know that I have the best abs and of course the best thick thighs of all." 
 
"the best thick thighs? What are you going on about this is about abs" the maknae now thrown into the bustle of the topic. Hyunseung silently listened on laughing to himself hearing their banter, seeing his glass of water now empty he reached over to grab the bottle of water across him.

 A cold spark rushed down his spine, he hadn't notice that junhyung was also there.  


literally right across him. 


it was even more surprising that he hadn't even noticed hyunseung was obviously gawking at him with his wide eyes, the rapper was rarely ever home for dinner for a while. 

"oh here you go hyung." Dongwoon had thought that hyunseung couldn't reach the water bottle so he took hyunseung's glass refilling  it. Hyunseung thanked dongwoon as he returned back to join the conversation. 


Meanwhile Junhyung carried on eating his dinner sometimes joining in with them yet he was still completely ignoring the fact that hyunseung was right there. It was as if hyunseung didn't even exist to him. There goes his chest constrict again on thought of being ignored by the other, his fingers clawing into his thighs underneath the table. He needed to talk to him today no matter what. 

 

 ---

 

Once dinner was over everyone quickly dispersed to wherever around the dorm. This meant that junhyung was now making his way back to the studio, hyunseung quickly grabbed a gray hoodie as he put his shoes on once he made sure that his phone was tucked in his pocket he gave a shout that he was heading to the shops for a bit before closing the door behind. 
 

speeding down the stairs he soon found himself outside of the building, the cold breeze carding through his hair as he looked frantically around for junhyung, it didn't take him long to find him leisurely walking down the pavement. It was just past six and the sun had dyed the sky into a hue of soft pink, the lamp posts were going to lighten up soon. Hyunseung jogged down towards junhyung, each step in sync with his heart rapidly jumping at how close he was catching up. 

He was only within an arm reach and he could already feel his hands getting clammy. 
 

"jun-junhyung!" 
 
as if it was the magic word junhyung stopped in time to see hyunseung stop a few meters in front of him. 

"hyunseung?" He paused looking around to see if the others were with him "what are you doing here?" 

 
"I just went out to go to the shop and I happened to see you, is it okay if we can walk together?"  
 
He shrugged,"sure I guess." 
 
the both of them ended up walked side by side in silence for the next couple of minutes, the awkward atmosphere in the air was almost too much for hyunseung to handle alone. He had no idea what to say at all, at times like this he wished he was more like yoseob or kikwang, they had no problem at all with socializing with other people so easily.  


"I think you passed the shop back there" halting in his steps hyunseung turned to see junhyung looking straight at him, ignoring his clammy hands hyunseung spoke up. 
 
"actually...I didn't need to go to the shop at all. I-I just needed to speak to you."  
 
junhyung didn't say anything and hyunseung took the chance. 
 
 
"why are you avoiding me?" 
 
 
the rapper was dumbfounded, he didn't expect to hyunseung to ask him this. "I'm not avoiding you at all." 
 

denial.  

 
Hyunseung felt his fingers itch "but you haven't been talking to me at all lately, and when you do it's always cut short like you're in a hurry. I've also seen the way you've been glaring at me when you think I'm not looking." The elder of the two stepped closer, but junhyung wasn't fazed at all his face was straight with no emotion peering through his slanted eyes. 
 
"did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong? Please tell me junhyung." 
 
the rapper sighed, "Im not avoiding you at all, look it's just that -  I've been really busy you know since we have our comeback coming up soon. So I'm sorry if I seem like I'm avoiding you, I really have to get back to--" 


Hyunseung took hold of junhyungs hand cutting junhyung off, the blank façade that he had on almost slipped the moment he saw how distraught and tired hyunseung looked. He was positive for a split second that he felt hyunseungs heartbeat in his palm. 


"is that really true junhyung?"  


Junhyung felt hyunseung firmly squeezing his hand, he looked down at their hands swaying slightly between them. 


"yes. Look, I really need to get going back to the studio." He looked away "I'm sure yoseob is waiting for you anyway." 


That was it


Hyunseung ripped their hands apart, "this is exactly what I'm talking about! You're pushing me away again. Am I really that annoying to you? Can you just stop with the whole ty charade for a second and just tell me what I've done wrong and why the hell do you get mad every time yoseob is involved. As far as I know he's been a better friend than you've been lately." 


Junhyung was taken back. He didn't expect at all for hyunseung to lash out at him, this was the side of hyunseung that he'd hadn't seen before the way the hands that were gently holding his own were now scrunched into a ball blunt nails surely piercing into the skin, the doe eyes that held curiosity and liveliness were nothing more but frustration and anger. 
 

And junhyung is the reason for it all. 
 

He didn’t want things to turn out this way at all, but his pride and emotion had always seem to get the best of him making him act first before thinking. 
 

"Listen. I already told you the reason why. can't you just stop being a such nuisance for once and leave me the alone. And I'm sorry that I don't have time to play around with you like yoseob maybe some of us have more important things to do than to just fool around."  


His shoulders fell limp. it was déjà vu all over again seeing junhyungs back facing him. Hyunseung's blood ran cold as his heart plummeted down to his stomach. He was being left behind by the one person he needed the most yet he couldn't do anything but watch the other leave, hyunseung's vision grew blurry as he felt his knees finally gave up on him, the only thing he remembered before he  out was himself calling out to junhyung once more. 

 

 

 

 


I'm not really happy with this chapter but hey i finally did it! also happy belated birthday to hyunseung the one and only 4d prince~!!

there are only 3 or more chapters till honeydew is complete so thank you for sticking by with this fic (•ө•)♡ my next chaptered fic after this will be alot more happier i swear lmaoo

finally if you love dooseob then you'll enjoy my dooseob prompts :^) & a special shoutout to NerdyMustachio for the beautiful poster ♡


(edited;01/02/16)


[Island - Hyukoh]