Chapter 8: Getting out of darkness

Special Division Infinite

N/A: Long chapter ahead, enjoy~


Tuesday, 13th october 2015, 6:58pm, in the ruins of an underground parking lot of Hongdae's neighborhood.

 

No, Sungjong!”

 

A gun shot resounded after this piercing scream in the concret prison. 

 

 

~°~°~ Woohyun ~°~°~

 

When Sungjong pulled on the trigger, I used all the strength that I still had in order to deflect his arm and therefore, deflecting the shot against a rocked wall. Sungjong was innocent, Sungjong had never killed anyone, his hands, immaculate and pure, could not, should not be stained by a blood as infamous as the one of this murderer. I would assured that.

 

“Let me kill him, hyung!”

 

“No, Sungjong-ah. Don't do this, please.”

 

My legs were not supporting me anymore and I collapsed on my heart brother. He still held me standing. My valid arm surrounded his thin waist and my head sank in the crock of his neck. His hands on my shoulders reminded me of his soul, clear, bright and warm. I would not let anything tarnish this splendor and above all, not this odious man.

 

“It's our only chance to bring justice.”

 

“It's not by killing him that you will bring justice.”

 

“So how? Should I remind you that he killed your parents?! He took the lives of our parents!”

 

His cry broke against the rocks surrounding us and I felt his tears wetting my nape. His body started to tremble under the weight of the sobbing and surely under the grip of the rage too. It was so difficult for me to move, then all I could do was tighten a little bit more my embrace around him.

 

“You're under the controle of revenge right now, not justice.”

 

He finally let the gun fall down in a heavy and metallic sound on the concret. His arms surrounded my weak body and I felt his face burying in my hair.

 

“He destroyed our lives. He doesn't deserve to live.”

 

Only me had heard his muffled murmur in my hair.

 

“I know”

 

“I sweared in front of their tombstones that I would bring them, us, justice.”

 

“And justice will be done. But not this way. I promise you.”

 

Our conversation breathed on our skin had only been between the two of us. Our tears of desolation slidded silently on our cheeks, mixing with the sorrow which had cut us from the rest of the world. It had been eight long years that I had not cry for my parents. Eight years during which I had tried to build up my life again above the ruins caused by two gun shots. And until this morning, I was so sur that I had succeed at that. Maybe my life was wonderful now, but what about Sungjong? I just realized that I had neglected him and that he had never really turned away from our past. I was so irresponsible! Shudders of remorse ran through my body when suddenly, a seamy sneer broke our bubble.

 

“I can't believe that I meet you. You're the two pitiful orphans from who I took the parents that summer, right? It's been what, eight years already?”

 

I felt Sungjong tensing at his maximum when he heard the despicable voice resounding. An adrenaline rush gave me back the strength that I needed and I pulled away from my young brother in order to stand on my own two feet, the head high.

 

I promised them that I will live, then I have to smile and keep my head high.”

 

“Jongie, go take care of Soo. He needs you.”

 

“Hyung … ”

 

“Don't worry about this man or about the past anymore. I will take care of it. As Myungsoo said, an angel like you shouldn't cry anymore and not caring the weight of guilt on your shoulders either. I'm your brother, I will always take care of you and I will bear this weight for you.”

 

His eyes, full of innocence and life, were sublime. Yes, in order to Lee Sungjong to bright up, I was ready to take the burden of the guilt for the rest of my own life.

 

“Hyung, you stopped me before I could kill him so you too, don't kill him. I can see in your eyes that you're ready to do it but please, promise me that you won't.”

 

“I promise.”

 

He lookd at me one last time, a gaze full of warm and kindness, before returning by Myungsoo's side who was losing more and more consciousness. I had to get them out of here, and fast.

 

“Well, as you survived to the building collapse, I have to take care of you by myself. It's sad, you really should have die during the explosions because now, it will only be painful.”

 

This man's voice, his way to speak, his face, his laugh, his threats, everything was so unbearable. The hate rattled all of my body but I kept control on myself. I should not give away to the bloodthirsty desire.

Step by step, determined, I came closer to the suspect. My valid hand went to find my weapon, on my waist and I pulled it out of its cover.

 

“I advise you to stay where you are, kid, if you don't want to be the first to die.”

 

I completely ignored his threat. He could do whatever he wanted to me, I would not die before I would stop him and mostly, not before the others would be out of here. So I kept coming closer, my hands, holding firmly the 9mm, and my eyes, piercing him with a glacial stare. The more I came close to him, the more I could see the fear taking over his face. That was good. I wanted him to feel what my parents had felt when they had faced death. I really hoped that he would choke with his own sobbing and that he would plead for mercy. Yes, this desire to dominate him with all of my height, with my gun against his head, was so strong. It was terrifying, but at the same time so delightful. He hastly pulled a gun out from his back and pointed it in my direction.

 

“Don't take another step or I will shoot you!”

 

An evil smirk streched on my lips. He could just shoot! I was not scared. All I had in my mind was him, on his knees, praying for his life. I really wished to see him like this. My blood, boiling because of the rage, was making me losing my mind. The thrist of revenge was intoxicating me. The barrel of my weapon pointing at his forehead, I was ready to shoot.

 

“Step back! Don't come closer!”

 

His hands, his arms, his legs, his lips, his eyes, everything in him was shaking in terror. The revenge, a bewitching feeling. Even the word itself, slidding along the throat and vanishing in the mouth, brushing the lips and fading away in the grim air. It was unbelievable. Fabled and mythical. And this state of superiority that I clearly had on him. Marvelous and unreal.

A gun shot resounded. But I did not hear it, it was much too far away for me to care about. The blood was ringing in my ears, creating a funest melody. My deep breath, matching with the threatening ambiance, was whispering to me to pull on the trigger. It was irresistible, irrepressible. Then I shot. The first bullet in his hand, ejecting his gun in the darkness of the rocked prison. And once again, a second shot in his thigh, forcing him to kneel down, at my feet.

 

“Orphan, yes. But I forbid you to treat us as pitiful. Between all of us, I think that it's you who are the most piteous.”

 

My voice, hard and cold, was not trembling in front of him. The barrel against his temple, my hands were not shaking. But when a third bullet was ready to be shot, I found myself being thrown against the concret wall, Sungjong's face at a few millimeters from mine, his forehead against mine.

 

“It's over, hyung. That's enough.”

 

His warm hands were trapping my insane head while his breathing was mixing with mine in a gentle and peaceful dance. The fog was disapearring bit by bit from my mind. His black eyes, clear and bright, were holding me back in the reality when I realized what I was ready to do. The bitter and sickening taste of the revenge was still sticking on my tongue but a simple word erased it all.

 

“Sungjong.”

 

“It's over, Hyun-hyung. It's over.”

 

And it was really all over. Hoya had knocked the suspect out and Myungsoo was looking at us from his corner. He seemed really weak but was still conscious. Sungjong was not hurt and he just stopped me from committing an irreperable act. Yes, the nightmare was really over when I saw, above Jongie's head, a glow. A light showing us the exit of these darkness. And just at that moment, before falling in the arms of the inconscious, I really thought that Jongie was brighting up like an angel, pur and innocent. And I smiled, because he really was and would always be like this.

 

 

~°~°~ Sungyeol ~°~°~

 

When everything had collapsed, my heart and my breath had frozen. My legs had failed under me and if Sunggyu-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung had not pulled me to the van, I would also probably be in the rubbles. Woohyun-hyung, Hoya-hyung, Myungsoo and Sungjong were just here, in front of me, so close to me. But I could not save them, I could not catch them up. And now, my brothers were prisonners, under this tonne of concret. Maybe they were even dead? I did not know and it was so frustrating. I wanted to run to them so badly. I wanted so much to remove all of those rocks, one by one, with my own bare hands and find them back. But I could not. Dongwoo-hyung was holding me firmly on the ground while I was furiously struggling.

 

“Enough, Yeol-ah! Calm down!”

 

Sunggyu-hyung's hard voice pierced through my confused thoughts and I immediately stopped my movements.

 

“Hyung, we have to go and save them! They may be dying! We have to hurry up and get them out of there!”

 

Because of all of the shouting and the crying, my throat was harsh and I could barely make out any sound. But I could not contain my frustration and my anxiety. I was so scared.

 

“Calm down and listen to me, Yeol-ah!”

 

Sunggyu-hyung took my head in his protecting hands and Dongwoo-hyung tightened softly his arms around my body, sinking his face in the crock of my neck.

 

“I will get them out of there, I promise. They will survive until then. I trust them, I know they will hold on. You trust them too, don't you?”

 

My tears gradually stopped while my eyes were hang on the confidant and appeasing gaze of the Boss. My breath calmed down with the reassuring presences of my two team mates.

 

“Yes. But Sungjong … ”

 

“Sungjong is strong too. Don't underestimate him.”

 

I nodded and loudly sighed. Jongie had always been my weakness. Actually, he was the weakness of all of us. From the start, we had always protected him and kept him away of the danger. But despite that, he just rushed, head down, in it. When I had tried to hold him back, I had seen this determination in his eyes. A flamboyant flame which only asked to be set ablaze. And he had rushed in the explosion, his thought all entirely turned to Myungsoo. I could still feel his hands escaping from mine and as I remembered his frail body disappearing into this parking lot, my heart and my stomach tightened to the point of hurting me, the anxiety taking control over me.

 

Myungsoo, I hope that you're aware of how much Jongie cares about you and I hope that you're protecting him in there, even if you have to give your own life.”

 

My thoughts were suddenly cut when the firemen and the police officers arrived on the explosions scene. Sunggyu-hyung went directly to the police in order to explain the situation and, I imagined, to prepare an attack plan. Dongwoo-hyung went to brief the fire service.

Time seemed to strech to the point that it even stopped. I stayed there, in front of the ruins, hoping and praying for the lives of my friends. I remembered then this sentence, this pray, that Sungjong sometimes murmured in the difficult situations. It came back in my head clearly. And I repeated it. Over and over again.

 

Woohyun-hyung is the best on the field, he will survive. Hoya-hyung is the strongest, he will not give up. Myungsoo is the best sniper, he will watch the others back. Sungjong is brave and determined, he will be fine. Then everything is okay, everything should be fine.”

 

And the more I said it, the more I believed in it. Everything would be okay, everything should be fine.

I was so lost in my supplications that I did not even notice that the firemen had started to inspect the rubbles and the police officers had circled the disaster area. When I came back to reality, the sky was completely dark and the air was cold. Some big white spotlights were lighting up the ruins of the parking lot while a dozen people were working on somewhere stable enough to dig without provoking a second collapse. I did not know how long I had disconnected myself from the present but, for sur, nothing had moved, nothing had changed and above all, no one had still got out of those rocked tombs. The hard and piecing voice of Sunggyu-hyung turned my attention away from the concret blocs.

 

“What?! Are you saying that you don't find somewhere stable enough to start the rescue operation?!!”

 

I tensed by fear but mostly, by stupor. Was I dreaming or the Boss was angry? Yes it had happened that he would be angry against us when we were not following his orders but it was rare. And above all, never ever, the great Kim Sunggyu was loosing his cold mind on the field.

 

“Hyung, calme down. Let them do their work, they will find it.”

 

“Let me go Dongwoo! And no, I won't calm down! Hoya, Jong-ah, Hyun, my best friend and Soo, my brother, are under there! Their lives are only holding on one string and all of those firemen find to tell me is that they can't have access to somewhere safe enough! How can I stay calm in those conditions?!”

 

“It's not by screaming that we will find a way, hyung!”

 

“Don't shout at me, Dongwoo! It's not the right time!”

 

“It's you who should stop shouting!”

 

“Raah! You are getting on my nerves! And this metallic sound too!”

 

Gyu-hyung freed himself violently from Dongwoo-hyung's grip and came to me while Woo loudly sighed, letting the too much stress out, before joining me too.

 

Wait a minute, a metallic sound?!”

 

Being more carful about the noise, there was indeed a repeated sound echoing in the whole area. Three quick hit, one after another, and the three next ones were slower, more spaced between them and once again three rapid ones. And it was coming over and over again. Pam, pam, pam ... pam ... pam ... pam ... pam, pam, pam. And the realisation hit me. Morse! Sungjong was alive and he was trying to guide us to him.

As Gyu-hyung passed his hand on his face for a million times, I took him by the shoulders and madly shook him, a huge smile on my lips.

 

“It's Jongie! He's alive! Over there, come on! Call the firemen too!”

 

I firmly pulled my two team mates in the direction of the metallic sound.

 

“Sungyeol-ah, what are you talking about? What is happening?” Woo asked, perplexed.

 

“This noise, it's not any random noise! Listen carefully and you will quickly understand that in fact, it's morse! I'm sur that's Jongie behind this. Come on! It's coming from over here!”

 

“Wait Yeol!”

 

Sunggyu-hyung pulled me suddenly back before I could stepped on the unstable rubbles. I then found myself in his powerful arms. His familiar scent, his rassuring warmth, the beatings of his heart, strong and steady. Everything in him appeased me instantly. My thoughts, confused with anxiety and this repetitive noise, brightened gradually. I felt then Dongwoo-hyung's body against mine and the fear and the worry finally faded away.

 

“Jongie is alive.”

 

I had whispered this single sentence in Gyu-hyung's neck and that relieved me from a monstrous weight. I breathed again.

My two friends pulled away from me and both were calmly smiling to me.

 

“What is Jongie saying to you?” The Boss asked, finding back his composure.

 

“It's a S.O.S signal that he is repeating over and over again.”

 

“Can you communicate with him? Ask if everything is alright for him and the others. I'm going to inform the firemen and we will secure this area. We will get them out of there.”

 

I greatly nodded and picked up a rusty iron bar which was lying on the ground. Dongwoo-hyung gave me an amical clap on the shoulder before following the Boss to the fire service team. Seeing that Sunggyu-hyung was ardently discussing with the chef of the firemen to convince him to do whatever he could to secure this area, I smiled and walked with assurance toward a metal structure which was laying near the concret blocs.

Being professionels in everything about communicating informations, Sungjong and myself had been formed to use morse in the last resort. We had sometimes trained to send messages with this way. It was then not really difficult for us to have a “conversation” in this coded language.

So I started my knocks. Alternating between the faster and the slower, respecting the silences and then beginning again on several metal sounds, one after another.

 

Rescues are coming [stop] all alive? [stop]”

 

A pause dragged on after my sentence. The firemen were finally starting their work, stepping carefully on the ruins. While they were making sur that no collapsing was expected, it was my job to exactly locate where my friends were.

 

SJ ok [stop] WH out [stop] L head hurt [stop] HW leg hurt [stop] suspect arrested [stop]”

 

Loud and clear, as expected from Jongie. I then informed Sunggyu-hyung of the situation and he commanded to speed up because the injured people had to be taken in charge as soon as possible. I sighed once before tightening my grip around the iron bar. They would be out of there soon.

 

Make sounds for localisation [stop]”

 

And the echo of two pieces of metal hitting each other was resounding in the whole area. Thanks to that, Sunggyu-hyung succeed at finding the exact place where Jongie and the others were buried and after the confirmation that everything was secured, everybody got to work.

Rock after rock, bloc after bloc, we finally started the rescue operation. At each brick removed, a little bit more of motivation was coming back in everyone and the pace was increasing itself. At each sigh of relief, smiles were spreading and at the end, an opening had been made through the tomb and we saw there, the bright eyes and the shining smile of Sungjong. It was over.

When Sunggyu-hyung, Dongwoo-hyung and Hoya-hyung got Woohyun-hyung out, my blood instantly froze at the sight of the state of his arm. A gunshot wound at the shoulder as well as two other gashes in this same arm were painting his limb back in a scarlet red, despite the first aid bandages. He was quickly taken in charge by the medical staff and was directly brought at the hospital. Because of his huge blood lost, he had to receive the best cares as fast and as efficient as possible.

Hoya-hyung was the next one to be taken in charge. His injury at his leg was slight and superficial, he then was not forced to go to the hospital. After a thorough disinfection of the wound and a few bandages, he was on his feet again, ready to help.

After Hoya, the Boss and Woo dragged the suspect out of the rubbles. He was unconscious and had a bullet in his leg but Sunggyu-hyung was not sparing him. He still had the right for a minimum care for his injury and was then arrested. His face vaguely reminded me of someone but I quickly brushed off all of the interrogations when Myungsoo and Sungjong got out, at their turn, of the hole. I litterally threw myself on them, embracing them as strong as I could. They were really alive, in my arms. Their familiar scents were wrapping me at the same time as their arms. They were alive.

 

“You're alive.” I breathed in the crocks of their neck.

 

“Of course, hyung. We were not going to let you alone so easily.” Jongie replied, amused.

 

“You came back.” I murmured again on their skin and tightened my grip around their bodies.

 

“I told you, right?” Myungsoo said, patting my back.

 

And there, just next to the ruins, at the exit of the nightmare, the three of us hugging each other, we let our tears of fear, of frustration and of relief fall. And when our sobbing stopped after all, the heart swollen of life and a huge smile on the lips, we finally headed to the van. The nightmare was over.

 

 

~°~°~ Sungjong ~°~°~

 

A gunshot to release all of my fear.

 

After coming back to the headquarters, exhausted, we all splited up in order to go home. Sunggyu-hyung had taken Myung-hyung back to their house. The two brothers wanted to have some time alone after what had happened today. Woohyun-hyung was still at the hospital with SunHee-noona. The doctors had made sur to keep him for a night under observation. As for Sungyeol-hyung, Dongwoo-hyung had suggested to bring him back home and he had gladly accepted the offer. Hoya-hyung had probably left too. I did not really see him go.

 

A second shot, letting go all of my frustration.

 

I had pretended that I wanted to stay a little while in order to fix a computer problem. Yeol-hyung and Myung-hyung had, of course, prevented me to do so but stubborn as I was, I could easily convince them to leave without me. But at the end, all of this was only lies. I just needed to romp. Having met my parents murderer today had changed something in me.

 

A third gunshot to deliver me of all of my anger.

 

I was there, at the shooting stand, trying to get rid of all of those feelings, of all of those emotions which had invaded me today. But my three shots were only a total failure. I was not even able to aim for a target that was only at ten meters from me. And I realized how much I was weak. I had not been perceptive enough, not quick enough, not strong enough. I was unable to defend myself so how could I only hope to protect all of those people I cared about? Being more frustrated by my powerlessness, I violently threw the weapon that I was holding on the metallic stand, in front of me and started to angrily hit my fists against the hob.

 

Myung-hyung was ready to sacrifice his own life for you in the explosion. Hyun-hyung wanted so much to bear the burden of revenge for you and Ho-hyung protected you from this man. And you, what did you do all of this time? Cry! Sungjong, do you realize that you only cried?! And now too. Weak and useless, that's all you are!”

 

I collapsed on the floor, tears of rage streaming on my cheeks. I could not control my sobbings anymore, neither my fists hitting violently the ground, hurting my hands, or the angry spasms which were shaking my entire body.

While I was sinking more and more in my sad thoughts, two strong and powerful arms surrounded my trembling body. I instantely froze. I was so sur that no one was in the HQ anymore. I did not want one of my brother to see me in this deplorable state. Who was it?

 

“Don't hurt yourself like this.”

 

This voice. Low, reassuring and protective. Taking away the baleful fog of my mind and warming up my frail soul. It could only belong to Hoya-hyung.

 

“Ho-hyung … ”

 

Breathing was hard after my cries. My throat was dry and the words were rasping against my vocal cords. When my eyes found back their visibility, I noticed that my bruised hands were tenderly wraped in the large and reassuring palms of my friend.

 

“Come with me, Jongie.”

 

He helped me to stand up and kindly lead me to the training room. He made me sit on one of the black leather benches and went to find some bandages before gently treating my fists. Each one of his gesture was confidant. I wished I could be as strong as him. Each one of his move was soft. I wished I was able to, with only my presence, reassure the people around me. Each one his light touches on my damaged skin was transfering me a new force. I wished I could be invincible, like Hoya-hyung.

 

“But you're not like me, Jongie.”

 

I lifted my eyes on him and starred at him, surprised. Did I speak out loud without realizing it? He finished the bandage and took me softly in his powerful arms.

 

“You look so tortured and after all what happened today, I can easily read in your eyes what you're thinking. But, Jongie, you're not me. You are Lee Sungjong. Infinite's little genius. And as Myungsoo said to you when we were in the rubbles, you're our pillar holding us in the right path. The proof is, you were the only one who could calmed Woohyun down. You're our angel and it's natural that we will always protect you.”

 

My tears were falling again. I was so touched by his words.

 

“But I want to be able to protect you.” I whispered against his shoulder.

 

“I know. But start by protecting yourself, okay?”

 

He pulled a little bit away from me, his relaxing palms still on my shoulders, and smiled at me. I quickly wiped the furrows of tears which had drawn on my cheeks and smiled back at him.

 

“Can I ask you a favor, Ho-hyung?”

 

“Anything, Jong-ah.”

 

“Can you teach me to defense myself and to become stronger? If I become stronger, physically and mentally, I will be able to protect all of you, my hyungs.”

 

My friend's smile stretched itself and he got up, pulling me with him. We headed then directly to the punching bag.

 

“Stay here and look at me carfully. But before that, Jongie, just know that you already have an extraordinary mental force. Your love for us all is your force.”

 

And I realized that indeed, since my parents death, all that I had done until now was only for them. I had held on until now because of them. And in those rubbles, when I had taken the control over the situation in order to contact Sungyeol, outside, I had only thought about them, about Infinite.

 

 

~°~°~ Hoya ~°~°~

 

A right punch, then another left one. A hit from the right knee and a reverse kick from the left leg. I faced the punching bag again and kept going with the moves. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Sungjong observing my every gesture, detailing my techniques and memorizing the movments. It had been a while now that I was romping on the sand bag, stopping sometimes for explaining to Jongie how to stand or how to punch. He had this determination flame in his eyes, he was assimilating every piece of information that I gave to him and I could only be proud of him. During barely a night, he had already learnt the basics of self-defense and handed it pretty well. I was showing him some more complicated moves when his phone rang. We looked at each other, surprised. We were so immerged in our bubble that coming back in reality was a little bit destabilizing. After a few more seconds, Sungjong regained his senses and picked up.

 

“Hello, Jongie?”

 

(...)

 

“Oh, I'm so sorry, Granny! I'm still at the headquarters and didn't see the time passes.”

 

(...)

 

“Yeah, I'm on my way back home. Don't worry, see you.”

 

He hung up and starred at me, his eyes wide opened.

 

“It's already past midnight.”

 

It was the turn for my eyes to widen by stupor and I laughed nervously.

 

“We really didn't see the time passes.”

 

“Indeed.”

 

And we burnt to laughter, a true and sweet laugh, melodious and warm.

 

“Come on Jongie, let's not make your grandparents wait any longer.”

 

He nodded and a few minutes later, we were in my car, driving him back to his house. On the road, we were talking about everything and anything. It was good to have someone to talk to in the vehicle.

I was used to live alone since I was an adult and since I had moved in Seoul, the loneliness was even bigger. Despite the huge population who was living in this city, we were easily drown in the unknown. And every night, when I passed the door of my appartment, I was facing a vast emptiness. I was missing people's compagny a little bit and particularly today, after getting out of those rubbles, I just needed to be with someone.

After barely a few more minutes, Sungjong showed me a place to park in front of a white house which had an average side and its lights still on. I stopped the motor and turned to my friend.

 

“Here we are. Goodnight then.”

 

Jongie faced me, his eyebrows frowned. He firmly put his hand on my shoulder before saying out loud:

 

“Ho-hyung, do you really think that I will let you drive alone at this late hour?”

 

“Dont' worry … ”

 

“No way! Especially not after what happened today. We all need someone by our side. Come with me!”

 

He got out of the car and came around to open my door.

 

“Let's go, come with me, Ho-hyung!”

 

In front of his determination, I could not refuse. I exited the vehicle and he pulled me to the door of the house. When it opened and Sungjong's grandparents welcomed me and embraced me as if I was always a part of this family, my heart swelled with love. They reminded me of my parents, always soft and welcoming. Loving and smiling. I understood now from where Sungjong had his golden heart.

In front of my dumbfounded face, Jongie chuckled and patted my back.

 

“Hey Ho-hyung! Make as if you were at home! You will always be welcomed here, you're like my big brother, right?”

 

I regained my senses and smiled at him, showing all of my teeth.

 

“Thanks Jongie.”

 

Yes, thank you. Thank you for warming up my empty heart, thank you for supporting me this night.

 

 

~°~°~ Woohyun ~°~°~

 

My eyelids were heavy. The blood was pulsing against my temples. I felt like my head was in a vice. I barely sensed my left arm while my right hand was wrapped in a sweet warmth. I stirred slightly, waking up every muscle of my body, before finally opening my eyes.

White lights, white ceiling, white walls, everything was white. I quickly concluded that I was at the hospital. A presence at my right made me turn my head in its direction and I discovered SunHee, leaning over me.

 

“Hyunni, how do you feel?”

 

“SunHee … ”

 

My dry voice rasped against my throat and made me cough. SunHee immediately handed me a glass of water and I drank it all.

 

“I'm fine. I feel like I have been hit by a truck but otherwise, I guess that I'm fine.”

 

“The doctor said that your arm has nothing serious. You're lucky.”

 

“I guess so. How's the others?”

 

“Everyone is fine. I send all of them back home.”

 

“Good. They need to rest.”

 

A light silence took place while I closed my eyes again. We all got out of there alive. That was a relief! I thought about all what had happened during the time we were under those rubbles and a particular thought hit me.

 

“Tell me, SunHee.”

 

I paused and opened my eyes again, letting myself sink in her beautiful gaze.

 

“Yes, Hyunie?”

 

“Would you like to spend the rest of you life by my side?”

 

She gasped by surprise because of my propose and I saw a tear rolling down on her cheek.

 

“I can't kneeled in front of you and I don't have a ring either but I just need to know. Yoon SunHee, would you be my wife?”

 

Before I could understand what was happening, SunHee jumped in my arms and sobbed.

 

“Of course I do, Nam Woohyun!”

 

And that night, when she lied down by my side, in the soft moonlight, I felt so good. And when we talked about our futur which seemed so bright in a whisper that only our hearts could hear, I felt more alive than ever.

 

 

~°~°~ Myungsoo ~°~°~

 

I had barely taken place in Gyu-hyung's car that I was already falling half asleep. My head was spinning and I felt like a drill was hitting permenantly against my temples. I did not even had the strength anymore to complain about Sungjong's behaviour. Seriously, how could he still be thinking about working after what had happened today? A slight sigh passed through my lips and I ended up by leaning my heavy and painful head against the cold window.

 

“Soo, you worry too much about Jongie. Your headache will be worse.”

 

“I know, hyung, but I can't help myself. You didn't see in which state he was in there.”

 

“What happened exactly? Hoya summarized the situation for me but I didn't have much details.”

 

“Jongie and Hyun-hyung lost their head when they recorgnised the suspect, being the murderer of their parents. I really thought that they would kill him with cold blood.”

 

“They would be able to.”

 

I was startled by his comment and starred at him, thunderstrucked. How could he say this kind of things?

 

“They felt the same way as you when you were in front of the burglar of the post, that day.”

 

I nodded imperceptibly, rememberring each details of that day. My parents laying on the cold marble, all the blood in which I was bathing and this feeling of power and envy when I had pointed the weapon on the burglar's head. Yes, if Sunggyu-hyung had not stopped me, I would surely pull on the trigger without an hesitation.

 

“During all of these years, Woohyun and Sungjong made a lot of researches about this man. I know that Woohyun was ready and wanted to take revenge, it was the same for Sungjong. Plus he is the youngest and has less trainings than all of us. He could easily pull on the trigger.”

 

“But there is a but.”

 

“Exactly. But both of them, together, are able to calm themselves down and to stabilize the emotions of the other. They are not from the same family at all, however, their bond is surely stronger than the one between us. I'm really proud of them, they didn't let themselves being tempted by the desire of revenge.”

 

“Yeah, the both of them, together, had went through a lot.”

 

A silence took place before a smirk stretched on my lips.

 

“It was as if we were all bonded by tragedy.”

 

“Don't say that, Soo. It's true that we had all lived some difficult times in our lives but that is what has led us to who we are today. And we had so many happy moments all together too.”

 

“You're right. By happy moments, you mean your son who will be there soon, right?”

 

“Among the other times, yes.”

 

Our laughter filled the vehicle before Sunggyu-hyung came to a stop in front of my house.

 

“Thanks, hyung. See you tomorrow.”

 

“I'm staying with you tonight, Soo.”

 

“Really? But what about Woohyun-hyung? And HyoJin-noona?”

 

“Woohyun is with SunHee, we don't have to worry anymore about them and HyoJin is at her parents house today.”

 

“I see, then welcome home Gyu-hyung.”

 

“Thanks, Soo.”

 

 

~°~°~ Sunggyu ~°~°~

 

When I passed the treshold, Mom jumped in my arms and hugged me to the point where I could not breath anymore. Dad only laughed at the view from the kitchen door.

 

“Gyu! You should come home more often! we almost don't see you anymore. How's my big boy? And what about HyoJin? And the baby? How about at work?”

 

“Mom, calm down. Let Gyu-hyung breath or he will die”

 

“Oups, sorry sweetheart.”

 

She finally released the embrace and I could breath again.

 

“Thank, Soo. What about we go to the living room and talk?”

 

And it had been like this that the four of us found ourselves talking about our lives around a hot tea until late at night. It was true that it had been a long time that I did not come back home. It was good to find my family back. There was nothing better than the support and the love of our loved ones to go through a day like the one we just had. Any sacrifice was definitly worth it for the people we loved.

 

 

~°~°~ Sungyeol ~°~°~

 

After Dongwoo had dropped me in front of my house, I said goodbye and he disappeared in the night. The day had been stressful and I was glad to be back home. I was really worried about Jongie. He had insited so hard to stay longer at the headquarters, I knew that it was not for working but his eyes were so pleading, I could not force him to leave.

When I finally arrived in the large living room, Mom and Daeyeol were comfortably sitting in the big white divan, talking about everything and anything. When I collapsed by my mother's side, she did not hesitate a second before taking me tenderly in her arms.

 

“Sungyeollie, is everything alright?”

 

“Yes, Mom. It was hard today but everything's fine now.”

 

“Go to sleep, my big boy.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

She kissed me on my forehead and I got up in order to head upstairs. But just before I passed the threshold, my brother called me.

 

“Oh yeah, hyung! You got a letter this morning. I let it on your desk.”

 

“Thanks, Dae. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight!”

 

I walked heavily upstairs to my room and threw myself on my huge bed. A tired sigh slipped through my lips and I was ready to fall asleep when I remembered about Daeyeol's words. The letter. Who could possibily send me letters? Apart from Infinite and the few friends with who I was communicating by messages, I really did not see who could send me letters.

I left the mattress with regrets and went to open the envelope, placing carelessly on my desk. I only pulled out a little white card on which was neatly written a single sentence. A sentence that froze me immediately. I did not feel my tears streaming down my cheeks. I did not hear my sobbing filling my room immerged in the night. All what I was seeing now was those five words. Five words which were blasting all of my walls. Five words which gave me back hope.

 

Do not forget your promise.”

 

 

~°~°~ Dongwoo ~°~°~

 

“I'm home, Mi-Young!”

 

“Oh Dongwoo! Welcome home!”

 

I took off my shoes while my fiancee joined me in the hall. When I came to her, I leaned over her and kissed her passionnetly. She softly laughed before pulling away.

 

“You're really affective suddenly.”

 

“Does that mean that I'm not usually?”

 

Her laugh resounded in my ears and instantly appeased all of my fear and my worries of the day. Choi Mi-Young, my dear and lovely fiancee, had maybe both of her legs paralyzed but it was not affecting her joy of life and her love for the world at all. She was incredibly optimistic and had a golden heart. And I was madly in love with her.

 

“Come on my Dino, let's not stay here. Come in the living room, I have to show you something.”

 

I then gently pushed her to the vast living room and then took place in the big burgundy sofa.

 

“What do you want to show me?”

 

“Here.”

 

She took a flyer which was hidden behind her back out and delicatly handed it to me.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Read and you will see.”

 

I took the fold and opened it. My eyes widened at their maximum when I went through the text printed in it.

 

Adoption project”

 

“Are … are you sur, Mi-Young?”

 

“Dongwoo, I saw your face when Sunggyu-oppa announced that HyoJin-unnie was pregnant. I can't offer you such a present anymore but the adoption is a way, isn't it?”

 

I could not stop my tears to fall down. It was the most beautiful gift that she could give me. I took her in my arms and we stayed like that for a while, the two of us crying in happiness. I loved Mi-Young more than anything else in this world and I did not see my futur without her but my biggest dream was to have a family with her. A dream, that was once broken, was now reborn and shinning bright.

 

 


Tadaaam, any opinions? Feelings?^^ 
The two next chapters will be a flashback and about the beginning of this special division, I hope you will look forward it :D 

Welcome to all of my new subscribers!! I hope the story is fine for you until now and that you enjoy it. And of course and as always because I will never say it enough, thank you to all of you who are reading, commenting, upvoting and supporting me. You're all so lovely and I give each one of you a big big panda hug <3 

See you in the next chapter ;) 
Love you all~
<3