let it be you

Conflict within

Chapter 3

 

 

A grade B huh?

Wendy looked at her own paper quite satisfied that she got a B,even though she did it effortlessly. Wendy was damn curious what that beautiful creature in front, her lately affection and addiction, got for her paper as well.However, she couldn't dare ask and had not a clue how to approach Irene, remembering how lame she acted back then.Finally Wendy gathered up every ounce of courage she had inside of her and then she tapped Irene on her head with a pen.

..Oh my god.

A tap on the head?Really?

How more stupid can you get Wendy!?

 

With a startled look,Irene turned back.

"Yeah?"

Wendy tensed, "Um..what'd you get for your homework?"

Irene smiled and simply handed her paper to Wendy.

"Wow.."

"What?"

"Your writing..it's amazing"

Wendy doubted if there was anything Irene was bad at.Just yesterday she saw Irene's physical prowess during gym class and now this.

"You're not too bad yourself"

Wendy being in awe, secretly admiring Irene, didn't notice that the girl has already had took hold of her own paper and began reading through it.

"No,I..I copied off of others..Not the words or the story! , just the feelings expressed.Everything written in there is my own creation and it's all true, only the emotions displayed aren't."

Looking at obviously confused Irene, she continued "It's because I can't actually feel, towards anything".She muttered the last few words in almost like a whisper.

 

 

The emotional deadening that followed the accident that took away her parents was welcomed by Wendy, since she did not want to get hurt any further.Despairing and crying over it for days has only brought her pain.After weeks of frustration and confusion with her inability to enjoy life any more, Wendy gradually came to accept that enjoyment was not a thing she got to feel anymore.

ShoSho has always tried her hardest getting Wendy to be comfortable and be back to normal,to the little adorable and bubbly Snowball back then when she taught her.ShoSho hasn't completely reach into Wendy no matter her efforts.Then onwards ShoSho would claim that there has got to be some untapped source of happiness within Wendy that someday someone special can and will spark the light.

I hope so ShoSho.

I really do.

 

 

Weeks have passed as freshman of SooMan High for Wendy and her classmates has already pretty much guessed that she's a weirdo and never bothered with or even talk to.That she didn't mind, but Irene has also started to avoid her ever since her confession of being a soul-decaying loner.Irene would no longer turn back even when Wendy would give those pencil taps on her head and when they would meet in the hallways ,she just walked past by.Normally during the first few days of school Wendy would always catch Irene taking glances at her or sometimes even staring from afar.Not anymore.

"Well, who would want to interact with a pathetic loser" wendy muttered to herself.