two ||

let's be invisible together
I only have 1 introduction chapter and already 7 people subscribed? Thankyou so much, I love you if you are reading this right now <3
 
Also a language warning. If swearing makes you uncomfortable, I apologize, just try to forget it, haha. I didn't just throw in random swear words, I felt they were necessary to the story line. So I'm sorry if you get offended by it, as this is not an M rated story.
 
And, the spelling of SY's name seems to differentiate from Seungyeon to Seungyoun. Lately I have been using Seungyoun because Uniq use that spelling on instagram. But I am going to stick with 'Seungyeon' for this story because that's what I have started with. THANKYOU
 
||||||||||||||||
x x x x x
||||||||||||||||
 

I showed up to school the next day. Everyone would have forgotten yesterday's events and I was free to be invisible me again. 

 
I hardly slept last night. I only slept for about 3 hours, I don't know why, I just kept rolling around in bed. My eyes were heavy and the slight wind blowing stings my tired eyes.
 
I really hope Seungyeon forgot who I was. I can't afford to be noticed, especially by some popular guy who feels sorry for me because he thinks I'm a loser.
 
As I reached my locker I quickly got my books and went to my first class making sure I was the first there. I entered the classroom and as I expected, it was empty. So I took a seat at the back where I usually sit. 
 
Soon a few more students entered and took their seats obviously not taking and notice of me. I opened my book and pretended to be reading something so I don't look like a total loner. 
 
Then, my worst nightmare. Sungjoo. He put both his hands on my desk and as I looked up his face was extremely close. I was sitting down, so as I tried to back away I realised there was nowhere to go. 
 
"Kitty Kira," he whispers and I can feel his minty breath hit my face. I just blink at him, confused and maybe a tiny bit scared, "I wouldn't mind seeing you in that Kitty Cat bra again, how abo-" Suddenly someone pushes him into his seat interrupting his sentence. 
 
"You're an idiot." The guy says to Sungoo. It's Wenhan, another of the popular guys. He didn't even look at me once he just saved me from Sungjoo and sat in his seat. 
 
Soon following behind him is Seungyeon. He doesn't take notice of me, which I'm used to, but for some reason it looks like he is trying not to look at me. He sits in his seat and puts the bored expression on his face he has every other class.
 
As class starts I find myself slowly not paying attention and staring at the back of Seungyeon's colourful head of hair. I ask myself endless questions about why he notices me, when everyone else thinks I'm nothing. Am I imagining it every time I see him looking at me? Maybe my imagination got the better of me. 
 
As the bell rings Seungyeon is the first to leave. Not that I watched every time, but I'm pretty sure him and his crew always leave together. His friends seem to notice as well. 
 
"What's up with Seungyeon lately?" Yixuan asks the rest of his crew. 
 
"I don't know, he hasn't been talking much lately, he's weird that kid, I'm telling you." Yibo replies, not really looking interested in what Seungyeon is up to.
 
I grab my books and walk towards the exit swiftly, making sure I avoid Sungjoo. 
 
But of course I can't leave without a 'Meow' from Sungjoo. I roll my eyes and pretend like I don't hear it.
 
 
x
 
 
I grab my lunch from my locker and head across to the deserted side of the school building to eat my lunch in the disabled toilets. Seriously, if someone actually was disabled, it's a lot harder for them to get to these deserted toilets than the regular ones. But no one here is disabled, maybe it's just legally necessary that they have a disabled toilet.
 
No one ever comes to this side of the school building. Which means it's a perfect place for me to hide. 
 
But as I turn the corner I see someone leaning on the wall with earphones plugged in. It's Wenhan.
 
I almost run into him as I was expecting to be alone and before I try to back away he looks up. Busted.
 
He takes out his earphone and seems to be out of the trance I saw him in a minute ago. "I'm sorry. I-I um... I didn't mean to interrupt. I just... thought no one would be here." I manage to stutter out awkwardly.
 
He flashes me a warm smile, the complete opposite to the creepy smirk his friend Sungjoo gives me. 
 
"It's okay. What are you doing here?" He initiates a conversation, which I did not expect.
 
"I... Uh-" He looks down and notices the lunch in my hands.
 
"Is this where you go every lunch time?" He questions. Did he notice I was gone? I thought I was invisible. 
 
"Yeah." I say quietly. There is no point lying to him as I am already caught.
 
"Aren't you... you know, lonely?" Wenhan asks. 
 
Why does it sound like he cares about me? I have never even talked to him before. Then I remember when he saved me from Sungjoo. He was just stopping his friend from being an idiot, right? Maybe this guy is a genuinely nice person.
 
I think back to my encounter with Seungyeon yesterday. Was Wenhan laughing at me? I don't remember.
 
"It does. But that's the way I like it. No one is here to bother me or judge me, it's easy to be alone. I choose the easy option." I manage to say clearly.
 
He nods understandingly. "Well I won't stop you." He gestures for me to sit down and I do, but Wenhan sits next to me.
 
"A-aren't you gonna leave now?" I ask wide-eyed.
 
He looks over at me, almost laughing. "Why would I leave a pretty girl to eat lunch by herself?"
 
My cheeks heat up but my face is already covered by my hair so it's hard to notice. 
 
Wenhan looks contented with himself which makes me think he saw my rosy cheeks.
 
I sat there silently eating my lunch when I felt a hand pull my hair back behind my ear gently. I looked up in surprise and saw Wenhan placing one of his earbuds in my ear which is closest to him. 
 
I nodded and smiled slightly in thanks as it aided the awkward silence.
 
He wasn't playing music, just the sounds of waves crashing at the beach - something you would hear on a meditation soundtrack. 
 
After finishing my food I closed my eyes which were itching for sleep.
 
Somehow I found myself in a dreamy state. Here I was, half asleep, sharing earphones with one of the most popular, not to mention beautiful, guys in the school. Who would have thought?
 
My head droops and is hanging from my neck. I feel delicate hands moving my head and notice my head is now leaning on Wenhan's shoulder. There is nothing I can do to protest as I am already falling harder into sleep.
 
 
x
 
 
My eyes flick open with the sound of laughter in the distance. I feel something on top of my head and remember the events which unfolded before I fell asleep. I quickly sit up and it wakes up Wenhan who was surprisingly asleep as well.
 
His eyes flick and I check my watch. 3:20pm, that means I missed my last two classes after lunch and school is over. "." I whisper but Wenhan hears me.
 
"What?" He asks.
 
"I missed two classes, omg what am I gonna do!" 
 
He just laughs in return and says, "You've never ditched class before? Don't worry, I'm the teachers pet I got you covered. 
 
I suddenly realise my position. My back is leaning against the brick wall outside the disabled toilets, as is Wenhan's. And we are sitting uncomfortably close to eachother. 
 
My eyes widen in realisation. "Oh my gosh. I'm sorry for being such a loser. Wow." I quickly get up to go home but Wenhan gets up to go after me and grabs my arm which pushes me into his chest.
 
It was an in the moment thing and we just stood there, our bodies pressed against eachother and looking eachother in the eyes. I have never noticed Wenhan's beautiful chocolate brown eyes before. I just stood there mesmerised by his beauty.
 
Suddenly Wenhan's eyes travelled from me to behind me, my eyes did the same curious as to what he was looking at. 
 
What I saw surprised me for some reason.
 
Seungyeon stood there, his eyes wide. He began to back away. 
 
"Oh sorry, I- uh didn't mean to interrupt anything." And with that he took off. 
 
"I really have to go. Thanks for not leaving me alone, I thought you were like the  rest of them. I was wrong." Wenhan smiles back at me and I grab my bag and take off around the corner.
 
My heart was almost beating out of my chest from the adrenaline rush of that moment. I have never been that close with such a beautiful human being before.
 
Then I remembered Seungyeon. He looked almost hurt when he accidentally saw us. It was weird. He has been acting weird. It's not like I ever talk to him, it's just he is usually always smiling and I haven't seen his smile recently.
 
The rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about Wenhan. He is such a sweetheart. I never expected him to be so kind. I also never noticed how his warm brown eyes accent his warm personality. I tried to believe it was just an act, but we were simply alone, it was an accident I ran into him and he seemed so completely genuine.
 
 
x
 
 
Later that night I needed to run down to the local grocery to pick up some food. My mum and my stepdad always take off on holidays, which they are doing right now. My mum knows, or rather assumes I can take care of myself, which is why she leaves me alone so often. 
 
My house isn't massive, nor is it small. It's too big for 3 people though and it gets especially lonely when I'm there by myself. 
 
My mum left me a few hundred dollars for however long she went away- she didn't even tell me, she just sent me a text when she was already at the airport. 
 
I need to use the money scarcely as I don't even know how long it is supposed to last for. 
 
I don't have anyone anymore, I never had any siblings, or friends. My dad was my best friend in the whole world but he committed suicide a few years ago. It was tragic, but we all expected it. He had been suffering from depression and had gathering mental illnesses. But just when we thought he might get better, I got home to find him already dead.
 
I never really forgave him for that. Of course he had his own problems, but he is my dad, he knew I was suffering too but he left me to fend for myself. It's a weird feeling, being angry at your dad when he is dead, but I feel like he didn't even try to get better. I often think he was just done with the world, me included.
 
Enough with the tragic back story. It's not that bad. I'm okay now. I am fine by myself, fending for myself. I'm comfortable with just me. As long as I tell myself I am okay, I believe I really am.
 
I arrive at the grocery store in tracksuit pants and a hoodie. Everyone wears the same thing here so I fit in well, just what I like.
 
I find myself standing in front of the instant meal section, pondering over all the choices. None of them sound great, but what can I do with the budget I have?
 
After about 5 minutes I am still picking up every type and reading the packet.
 
Suddenly, my decision making is interrupted by a slightly familiar voice. 
 
"You know, reading every label on those things doesn't change their tacky taste." It's Wenhan... in a uniform?
 
"You work here?" I ask surprised.
 
He chuckles slightly, "Surprised? You gotta make a living somehow. I'm surprised you never noticed, I always see you come in here."
 
Why does it always seem like he takes notice of me? I thought I was invisible. "Oh, it's just... I'm just surprised to see you." I notice his short sleeve shirt and his biceps showing. I gulp and feel the rush of heat to my cheeks.
 
Wenhan smiles, contented with himself. "Stop staring or I think you will drool in a minute."
 
I coughed out of my trance, managing to stutter an excuse, "I-I... wasn't staring, just, um... daydreaming." He nods, smiling sarcastically and I blush even more.
 
"Come on don't eat that crap, my shift is finished, let me buy you dinner." He grabs my arm to lead me out the door and I am too shocked to protest. 
 
The cold air hits my face as he swings the door open and I shudder at the sudden cold breeze. Wenhan notices it and seems like he realised something. "Oh! I forgot my jumper, let me run back inside to get it." I nod simply in response.
 
As I'm waiting I'm confronted by Sungjoo, who is walking along the path with his hands in his jean pockets. "Hey Kitty Kira." He says biting his lip and inching closer. "What are you doing here by yourself?" I simply moved my face away from his, which is coming closer and closer to mine. "You look so y right now. Won't you let me spill some water on you this time, baby?" I cringe in disgust.
 
" off, you idiot." It's Wenhan again, that guy always seems to be saving me from this creep. 
 
"Wenhan? You- your on a date with Kitty Kira?" Sungjoo almost laughs as he speaks. 
 
"Come on let's go." Wenhan says to me putting his jumper on my shoulders and leading me away. 
 
Before we are completely away I can hear Sungjoo say something like, "Wait until Seungyeon hears about this." Seungyeon? Why would he care?
 
 
x
 
 
Inside the small barbecue restaurant it's quiet and dimly lit. They call it mood lighting or something, but this isn't a date.
 
As we eat the food quietly I go to grab another piece just as Wenhan does and our hands touch. He looks up at me and laughs awkwardly. "Sorry." He mumbles. "There is nothing to be sorry about don't worry." I say and he just nods, avoiding eye contact.
 
After a minute of silence, I decide to say something. "Wenhan?" I say, as if asking permission to ask him a question. "Yep?" He says eyeing the food on his plate.
 
"Why are you so nice to me?" He looks up at me, looking the tiniest bit confused so I continue, "I mean, all the rest of your gang treat me like nothing, but why do you treat me like something special?" If it wasn't for the mood lighting I could've sworn I saw him blush. 
 
"I think everyone is special," my heart sank a little, "and you, well you are you. You are different. It's fun to hangout with you and just escape from everyone else. I had fun today hanging out with you. I'm sorry about my friends, they can be dickheads sometimes." My heart beat rose, this guy is too sweet. 
 
"I had fun too, I never really hang out with anyone, it was different to have company, I kind of like it." I respond and Wenhan smiles. 
 
The rest of the night was quiet. Wenhan paid for the food and insisted I kept his jacket no matter how much I protested, saying I could just give it back to him 'whenever'. 
 
After he walked me home he asked in front of my door, "Where are your parents?" I sighed and replied, "Long story." He smiled, "I will listen." I just shook my head smiling, "One day." He nodded.
 
"Thank You Wenhan, you are a really great person." He nodded in response smiling his cute smile again. I swear he has been smiling the whole night. 
 
"Your welcome, anything for you. Hey, ah- you should give me your number so maybe we could have lunch together again at school? I would hate for you to be alone again." He already had his phone held out to me so I had no choice. I took his phone and saved myself simplyt as 'Kira'.
 
We said goodbye and as I closed my front door I went straight to my room and collapsed on my bed. It's so different being noticed, hanging out with people my age, whether I like it... I don't know. But I am definitely willing to keep it up and find out.
 
My phone buzzed:
 
#: "Sweet dreams, Kira. WH"
 
I smiled and saved his contact. And with that, I fell asleep.
 

//

 
|| I hope this story isn't progressing too quickly. Nothing really drastic has happened with Seungyeon yet though. Anyway, THANKYOU for reading x ||