three ||

let's be invisible together

School is hell at the moment, but unusually I am excited to go today. It's because of Wenhan. I realised that sometimes it's okay to have a little company, and Wenhan gives me that company that for some reason he knew I needed.

I like being invisible, but maybe that's because I have always been invisible. It feels great to have a friend, if you could even call Wenhan a friend after just one day. But being an invisible at school is easy, it's the easy way out of everything. You have no scandals or rumours because it's just you. I like being independent.
 
I decided this morning to go to a study room and listen to music quietly, as I am here early for once and have nothing better to do. 
 
I opened the door to, at least what I thought was, the last empty study room. But as I stepped inside I noticed Seungyeon. He was studying away, there was books and paper everywhere. He even had glasses on, something I have never seen before.
 
He looked up surprised and quickly took off his glasses and hid them. 
 
"Oh I'm sorry, I thought it was empty." I said leaning towards the door to exit. 
 
"No!" He shouts, I looked at him questioningly and he coughed, "I mean, I'm sure the other study rooms are busy... So just stay here. I... um don't mind." Did the great Seungyeon just stutter?
 
I didn't bother arguing, "Thank you, I won't be a bother." I smiled awkwardly and he returned the same awkward smile.
 
I would feel awkward just sitting there listening to music as it would seem like I am just watching him study, so I got out the economics homework which I didn't complete anyway. 
 
After a few minutes I notice that Seungyeon hasn't put his glasses back on yet. 
 
"Don't strain your eyes." I say simply, not looking at him.
 
"What?" He says, not rudely but confused.
 
"Put your glasses back on, or you will get sore eyes. I don't mind, they suit you." Maybe I said too much? It's definitely not that I am a shy person, just that hardly anyone in this school has heard my voice. Seungyeon stares at me for a few seconds with a small smile on his face before snapping out of it and replacing his glasses awkwardly looking away.
 
After a while of silence, the bell went to signal 5 minutes until period 1 begins. I got up and headed towards the door.
 
"Hey!" I hear Seungyeon shout. "Hey, ah... Can you not tell anyone I was here... Um, studying?" He said nervously.
 
"Why is it something to hide? This is a school, isn't it?" I don't know why my reply sounded shady, how hard is it just to say yes and not tell anyone? Ah, I am so stupid! 
 
He tilts his head a bit, "Whatever. You don't talk to anyone anyway, I think I'm safe." He grabs his stuff and went to leave, not before stuffing his glasses away in the bottom of his backpack.
 
"Are you serious?" I say and he stops before the door, his back facing me, "Jeez, you are more of a than I thought." He stands in the same spot silently and I beat him to the door, leaving first. 
 
It's hard to talk to people when nobody even knows who you are. 
 
But little did I know, there was a secret meaning in his words, something along the lines of 'I wish you would talk to me.'
 
 
x
 
 
First period I get to class and see my seat and head straight towards it, hoping to avoid any interactions or drama. Especially that Sungjoo. 
 
Almost on cue as I sit down, the most popular guys in the school walk in. I can't help but stare as Seungyeon's perfect white skin reflects the sunlight from the window across the room. He has a confident persona now, which makes me remember his awkwardness this morning. That was the first time I really talked to Seungyeon. He wasn't as cool as I thought he was this morning, studying away, making awkward eye contact, then suddenly being rude.
 
He doesn't look at me once but my eyes follow him to his desk, and it seems so does every other girl in my class' eyes. 
 
I snap out of my stare as a hand waves in front of my face. I look up surprised to see Wenhan with a big smile on his face. "Hey!" He says excitedly and I return the smile with a small "Hi!" trying to keep a low profile. If my class found out Wenhan hung out with me yesterday, I would be nowhere near invisible, and I would also gain a large amount of fangirls on my case asking how I 'seduced the hottest guy in school when I am so ugly.'
 
Thankfully the teacher came in, prompting Wenhan to take a seat at his desk.
 
I couldn't concentrate the whole lesson, what is wrong with me? It seems that my boring life is suddenly not so boring anymore. 
 
I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and it surprises me so much I jump slightly. I take it out to read the notification, hiding it under my desk.
 
1 NEW MESSAGE: WENHAN
 
Meet me in the same spot as yesterday. I have something I want to show you, ok? WH
 
I look towards Wenhan's seat to see him waiting for my response. I nod with a small smile in return and he smiles wide.
 
 
x
 
 
After the bell goes to signal lunch time I make my way to the deserted part of the school separately from Wenhan. 
 
As I get there I notice Wenhan is already there waiting. His face lights up as he sees me. 
 
"KIRA! You came! Okay, I know this sounds weird but can I show you my dance?"
 
I tilt my head, "What dance?"
 
He grabs me by my arm and sits me on the floor and hands me his phone.
 
"It's my assignment for dance class, can you give me some feedback? Just press play." He says standing in front of me with his hands clasped together.
 
I nod and press play. As I watch Wenhan put so much passion into his difficult choreography, I feel extremely uncoordinated. 
 
He finishes and looks at me expectantly. "That was amazing Wenhan! I never knew you were a dancer."
 
He grabs his phone back and sits next to me. "There is a lot of things you don't know about me Kim Kira."
 
"Then tell me." I don't know what I am saying but it just flows from my mouth, "about you. What is your biggest secret Wenhan?"
 
He turns his head to look at me and smirks slightly. "I have to many to count, but maybe let's start with the fact that I have been interested in you for months, yet you didn't notice once."
 
My eyes widen, "You are lying." 
 
He breathes in then out before continuing, "I'm not lying Kira, why would I lie to you?"
 
"B-because, nobody even wants to talk to me, let alone you!" I say confused.
 
"There were so many times I wanted to talk to you, but I was too shy. Then, when Seungyeon accidently pushed you over, I saw everyone laughing and I ran away. If I had stayed any longer I was scared I was going to punch someone in the face. Then the next day, you came here, and it was like fate, I could finally talk to you, and you were exactly how I imagined you to be."
 
I was extremely overwhelmed from this whole confession. I knew Wenhan for years, if knew means 'knew of', because I didn't really know him, we just went to the same school, classmates. I didn't feel any way towards Wenhan but he was someone who actually cared for me and I wasn't going to lose that after I just got it.
 
I began, "I have never had a proper friend before. I would really like it if we could be friends. I enjoy your company, but you know, I just don't feel-"
 
Wenhan interupts, "Friends it is!" Sticking his hand out for a handshake. 
 
I look from his hand to him, "Really? A handshake?" He laughs, "You're right, we should come up with our own secret hand shake." I laugh at his antics as the bell goes soooner than we thought. How much time had we spent here? It didn't seem like long. 
 
As we walked back to class we conducted a secret handshake. I found myself smiling again. I always smile around this guy, he is like a ray of sunshine. 
 
"Thanks, Wenhan." I say before we enter class.
 
"For what?" He tilts his head, questioning.
 
"For noticing me. For accepting me. For liking me. You made me happy when I haven't been happy in so long." I didn't mean to sound so sappy but it just came out that way.
 
Wenhan stared at me for a second before putting his hand on his heart and sighing. "Now now, Kim Kira, I know I am special." 
 
I hit him on the arm and he scowls at me. 
 
It's weird how when you find a true friend, you just click automatically. I walk into class side by side with Wenhan, showing a rare sight to everyone. A smile. A genuine smile. I don't care about the past or the future, because right now, I am happy. 
 
//
 
Sorry I didn't edit the last part. Also I had massive writer's block and had no idea what to write so sorry for the really late update. 
 
Kira is happy now, but things may change soon... mmm you will have to wait for the next update. 
 
I am also thinking of starting a Seventeen one-shots requests. I have never written one shots but I really want to try. I am absolutely obsessed with Seventeen :)
 
THANKYOU AS ALWAYS LOVELIES.