ONE

Sweet Intermission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
{Sweet Intermission}

ONE
Will you marry me?
 

 

She crossed her arms and sighed. Everything came out pretty much cliché for Kim Hyuna. Who knew that her life is pretty much the same as korean dramas?

“Forget it, I won’t do it.”

The man in front of her didn’t respond. What the hell was he thinking? Hyuna never thought that her father would do this to her. This was absurd! She had a so called as ‘fiancé’ that her father chose and whoever he is, she won’t bother to marry that guy. All her father cared was having a grandchild. Although she had a younger sister—stepsister actually—she didn’t like being the only child who has inherited her father’s blood in the family.

“Well then, unless if you have a candidate to—“

“You know what? I have enough with this.” She shook her head. “Appa, I want to find my own partner.”

There wasn’t a day her father didn’t force her to marry, or even at least date someone. It was really annoying for the daughter of a well-known pharmaceutical company. She knew she has to find a husband someday.

Without looking at her father’s face, she took her bag and said, “I’m leaving.”

But the problem is—she didn’t believe in love. Especially in true love.

 

 

It was Saturday. He looked at the alarm clock. 12.30 PM. Wait—What? He just woke up. It was all because of the door bell rang. Sometimes he wanted to take off that annoying door bell. The bell was kept on ringing and he knew who was the one in front of his apartment. Kim Hyuna. Who else? Nobody rang the door bell for more than thrice.

He yawned and ruffled his hair. Without thinking of using any shirt, Jang Hyunseung opened the door. The beautiful brunette stood in front of him didn’t look at his eyes. He knew this was going to happen. Hyunseung knows Hyuna more than anyone else. Her frown actually explained everything.

“Did he—“

Hyuna sighed and put her finger to his lips. “Hush—I don’t want to hear it.”

He chuckled and let her into the apartment ahead of him. She put her bag on the table and without hesitation, she sat on the sofa like she was the one who owned the apartment. This was like a ritual thing for Jang Hyunseung. It was entertaining to see Kim Hyuna stressed out because of her father. Beside of that, this kind of ritual will only happen on Saturday.

He offered coffee to her and put his proper clothes on. Hyuna never bothered with Hyunseung’s fondness of being half- in his apartment. It always been like that. He sat beside her and asked, “Don’t you wanna talk about it?

She didn’t reply to his answer. Hyuna hugged her legs tightly and about twenty minutes, she suddenly screamed, “For goodness’ sake, I’m still 27 years old!”'

“Just find a guy, isn’t that easy?”

She glared at him. Of course, it wasn’t easy for her. She swore to herself not to have a boyfriend or even a husband. Men are jerks to her, except for this lovely Jang Hyunseung who always been in her side since forever. But he was different. Of course, he is her best friend. How can she forget how her ex-boyfriend dumped her last time? Though, she was happy that her father didn’t ask about having a ‘candidate’ and blabla after she was dating with that guy.

“Or he’ll keep on asking the same question on every Saturday morning. Your choice, Ms Kim,” He said while sipping his coffee.

“Easy for you to say, Mr Jang.”

Hyunseung ruffled her hair and smirked, “Well then, let me save you from your father.”

Hyuna looked a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter