TEN

Sweet Intermission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
{Sweet Intermission}

TEN
True Colours

 

 

“Jang-seonsaengnim… I didn’t expect this to happen. I just don’t know what to say!” Ms Han squealed.

“Well, it’s just a date anyway,” Jang Hyunseung sighed. He could see from her face. She ate the porridge happily. Well, at least his plan is working. Right? He looked at the menu and saw the price of the porridge. 10,000 won—At least 8 US dollars? No, he wouldn’t want to pay for her. What for? It was expensive for a bowl of rice porridge.

“But this is like a dream come true!” she smiled, “To me, you’re like a prince charming, seonsaengnim.”

Prince charming? Not even close. If Hyuna heard this, she would probably laugh at her statement. For his best friend, he was like a demonic figure. He still remembered what Kim Hyuna said to him. ‘I don’t understand why the hell the med-ed girls loves you. You’re a bastard, Hyunseung. I don’t know how in the hell I become your best friend.’ Yeah, he didn’t why he is a bastard either.

“I’m not a prince charming. You don’t know me, Han Yerin-sii.”

She replied, “Then… Tell me more about you, seonsaengnim. Should I call you ‘oppa’ rather than seonsaengnim since you are my boyfriend now?”

“Boyfriend? What are you talking about? Since when I become your boyfriend?” he rolled his eyes, “And, Can you just… pay the porridge by yourself?”

“This is a date so I’m officially your girlfriend and shouldn’t you be the one who is paying the porridge?” Ms Han blinked. She didn’t understand. Now Jang Hyunseung officially become her boyfriend, right? He said he liked her, didn’t he?

“I don’t pay my girlfriend’s expenses. I have a motto in life which is ‘my money is my money. My money is not yours.’ Get it?”

Ms Han looked at him without saying anything. This was not the Jang-seonsaengnim that she knew. The Jang-seonsaengnim she knew was a nice and kind-hearted guy. No, maybe he was kidding. Who the hell—What kind of a boyfriend who refuse to pay their girlfriend’s… food?

Hyunseung waited for her reply but she remained quiet for the last five minutes. He crossed his arms and coughed, “Let me simplified everything if you’re still confused, Han Yerin-sii. I don’t like to spend my money on something so… useless.”

“You’re not Jang-seonsaengnim that I know,” she confessed.

“I told you. You don’t know me, Han Yerin-sii. You asked to tell more about me. This is me as a Jang Hyunseung not a seonsaengnim. I’m not your boyfriend, either. A date doesn’t mean that I will be your boyfriend. How naïve,” he smirked, “I know you don’t bring any money right now. I’ll pay the porridge for you but in return….”

“In return…?” she repeated his words. Jeez, she didn’t know what to do with this kind of Jang Hyunseung. Damn, she thought she already had his heart and she wanted to show off to that roommate of hers. But bleh, lying to that woman won't hurt anyone right? She will have Jang Hyunseung.... even if only in her own sweet dream.

“Pay me with 15 percent interest. So, that would be… 1.350 won plus 10.000 won. Give me 11.350 won by tomorrow or I will change the interest rate into 25 percent,” he said as he put 10.000 won on the table and left her alone.

“JANG-SEONSAENGNIM! I WILL MAKE YOU MINE SOMEDAY!”

Jang Hyunseung heard what she said actually. He smirked as he thought; Not a chance, woman.

 

 

“No wonder you don’t have any boyfriend on high school,” Heo Gayoon chuckled after listening to Hyuna’s story.

Such a nostalgic memory. Hyuna never thought of telling that creepy weird truth to her best friend. She met Gayoon when they were still in university. That was why she didn’t know anything about Hyunseung’s dirty little act. “I trust you not to tell anyone about this, Gayoon-ah.”

“I won’t. You have a father instead of a best friend there, Hyuna. Seriously, I don’t know that Hyunseung is like that,” she laughed, “Looks like he loves you since high school, eh?”

“Love? What kind of love is that? Obsessive type? Even I rather die than being with that overprotective bastard!” she pouted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter