Happy Coincidences

The Secrets We Keep

Sitting at lunch, Soo got out the food he made for everybody and we began eating quietly until Tao broke the silence.

“Hey, are you guys free on Sunday? My dad is taking me up the mountain for camping and you guys are totally welcome to come if you want, since there is no school on Monday or Tuesday…”

Soo and I nod our heads smiling while confirming we were free that day and we go back to eating again. Soo then looks up quickly and snaps his fingers as if he remembered something.

“Oh, that reminds me! My mom is going to this barbeque thing on Friday at one of her friend’s house and she’s making me come with. Can you guys come with me so I’m not sitting bored by myself the whole time?” He begged cutely.

“That’s fine. Yeol said he was busy that day anyway.” I said sticking my tongue out at him when he gave me look that said “so you’re settling for me..?” and we both laughed at our childishness.

“I can’t, I’ve got wushu practice till late that night because of the big tournament coming up soon,” Tao said shaking his head.

“Ehh, that’s okay. At least Baek will be there,” Soo said sweetly wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me playfully.

“Pshh, you know you guys won’t have any fun without me!” Tao whined, pouting adorably.

Both Soo and I looked at each other and burst out laughing just to tease Tao and poked him while making fun of him until he threatened to kick both our a—‘s if we didn’t shut up. All three of us chuckled after that and we went on chatting till lunch was over. I smiled the whole rest of the time, happy to have such wonderful friends like them in my life. Especially now that I know they still love me just as much knowing I’m dating another boy and kept it a secret from them. We got up to leave and I hugged them both and waved as we walked in opposite directions.

(Friday Night)                                                                     

*Chanyeol POV*

As I was walking up to the front door, I could hear loud music and people laughing coming from inside. Jeez, how many people did Jong’s parents invite? I opened the door (since it was unlocked already), and searched around for a familiar tall soccer captain I knew. He wasn’t anywhere insight, so instead I walked up to his mom, who was talking to another older couple. When she saw me heading toward her, she already knew what I was gonna say.

“He’s upstairs in his room Chanyeol.. You can just go up there,” she called to me with a smile.

“Alright, thanks Omma!” I called back, waving at her.

I ran up the stairs and burst into his room, yelling loudly, and scared the crap out of him so much he fell off his bed. It was then I noticed he was doing something on his computer, and I smirked knowingly.

I gasped teasingly, “Jong! Are you watching something naughty?” I said, poking him playfully while he shut his computer closed quickly and got back on his bed.

“Pfft.. No..  I was just.. ummm,” He stuttered.

“Haha, it’s alright. You’re a guy, it’s totally normal. You don’t need to be embarrassed!”

He shoved me in the shoulder, “Shut up, I wasn’t doing anything bad.. Jeez .”

I chuckled and sat on his bed next to his bed, taking a pillow and hugging it.

“Are we gonna be the only teenagers at this party?” I asked, leaning my head on the pillow.

“No, my mom said one of her friends has a son in our grade that she is bringing, but who knows… He probably won’t be anyone we know so it’ll be awkward as he—because I’m sure my mom will make us get to know him.” He sighed.

He continued, hopping down from his bed, “I think the food is supposed to be ready soon, we can just go eat and then just chill in here for a while when were done or play FIFA or something.”

I got up too, nodding my head, “Alright, sounds good. Do you guys have soda?”

“Yeah, I think there is some coke or something..” He leaned in to whisper, “I think there is some Suju down there too, I might be able to sneak some for us, but you’ll have to distract my mom, Okay?”

I high-fived him, “You got it!” I winked.

We walked downstairs and went outside on his patio where the food was all set up. Most everyone was still inside chatting and catching up, so we were the first ones to get food. There was a ton of chips and dip, along with veggies and stuff. We got our burgers form Jong’s dad and filled our plates till they were overflowing.

We put our food down up in his room, then came back down to get our drinks. All of them were in a cooler by the island in his kitchen, which Jong’s mom was standing right next to. I walked over to her and asked her about one of the paintings that was in the living room.

She walked in there with me and that were also in the kitchen shuffled out with the hostess of the party. I pretended to listen to her explain about the artist while looking over her shoulder to see if Jong got the Suju yet. When I saw him leave with it, I went back to his mom and thanked her for educating me about something new.

 As I was heading back to go upstairs, the doorbell rang. Don’t people know they can just walk in? I watched as Mrs. Kim went to go open the door and then starting moving again to climb the stairs. As I was about to reach the first step, a familiar voice stopped me right in my tracks. I looked over, and my eyes went wide when I confirmed who it was.

By the door, bowing politely to Jong’s mom, was the most adorable boy I have ever seen in the entire world, my boyfriend. I stood on the step, frozen in place, just staring as I watched Kyungsoo come in right behind him, along with Soo’s mom, who hugged Mrs. Kim. Soo saw me first and he looked at me with surprise and confusion on his face, then he bumped Baek’s shoulder, causing him to look in Soo’s line of sight. When our eyes met I could my cheeks heating up. Why am I blushing? There isn’t anything to be embarrassed about.. Jeez Yeol, control your emotions. Mrs. Kim saw them looking at me and motioned her arm for me to come over.

“Chan, this is Soo and.. Sorry what’s your name again?” She asked, staring sweetly at Baek.

“Oh, Uh.. Baekhyun,” He said, glancing over at me.

“And Baekhyun.. they are the same age as you and Jong… Can you bring these two upstairs with you and Jong after they get some food?”

“Oh, sure.. Yeah that’s fine,” I smiled at her, sneaking a look a Baek and Soo, who were both staring at me knowingly. I took them outside to get food and then brought them upstairs with me. When I opened the door to Jongin’s room, he was sitting on his floor next to a bunch of bottles of Suju playing with a rubix cube. He didn’t look up right away and started talking before he noticed the other two bodies in the room.

“Yo, Chan.. What took you so long? The Suju is probably warm by now..” He chuckled, but it got caught in his throat when he looked up and locked eyes with Soo behind me.

We all sat in silence for a while until I finally broke it.

“So umm.. we were gonna hang out in here, if that’s okay with you guys?”

Baek and Soo just nodded, Baek avoiding my eyes, and Soo and Jongin still staring wide eyed at each other. The three of us walked over to sit down on the floor, Soo and I next to Jongin and Baek in between us.

“Do you guys want any Suju?” I asked awkwardly.

“Oh, sure I guess,” Soo said, while Baekhyun just nodded next to him, still not daring to look over at me. I handed them each a bottle and grabbed one for myself. The only sound that was heard was the bottles opening up. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I finally got so sick of everybody acting so weird and the atmosphere being so annoyingly awkward and decided to just say it out right.

“Okay, look.. We can’t go on all night being this way or there’s no way we can have any fun.. Jong,” I said, he finally broke eye contact with Soo to look at me when I said his name.

“I know all about you and Soo and what’s been going on between you too and I’m totally cool with it.”

“Wait… wha-“ He started to say but I put up my hand and continued talking, cutting him off.

“It’s totally fine that your gay and everything alright, because it just so happens that I am too and I am actually dating Baekhyun right now.” I finished. All three of them were just staring at me in shock. Soo came to his sense first and sent a death glare to Baekhyun.

“You told Chanyeol about us? Baek, you promised not to tell anyone!” He shouted, snapping Baek out of his daze.

“I know! But, it was Chanyeol and him and Jongin are such good friends and he was talking about how he scared to tell him about us, so I told him about you guys so he felt better about telling Jongin about us.. sorry Soo.. I didn’t mean to make you upset” He said, looking down at the floor.

“Ughh.. it’s alright I guess, just promise you won’t tell anybody else, Okay?”

“Of course, Soo, I swear!” Baek said, holding up two fingers like a boy scout. The exchange between the two made me chuckle, but Jongin was looking between the three of us, obviously completely confused by what was happening.

“Wait, wait, wait.. Let me get this straight.. Soo, you told Baekhyun about me and you?”

Soo nodded smally.

“And then Baekhyun to Chan because they are dating also?”

Baek and I both nodded.

“And I was the only person who didn’t know a single thing?! What the heck? How come I was left out of the loop for so long?” He yelled.

I turned to him, “Jong, I’ve wanted to tell you for a while and was planning on telling you tonight. I don’t think any of us knew that we would all be here tonight.. Did you guys?” I asked looking over at Soo and Baek.

They both shook their heads. Jongin put his head in his hands and groaned.

“Man, I can’t believe this.. this is so weird! So Chan,” He said as he looked up at me, “Your gay too?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier, but I just wasn’t sure how you would take it.”

He sighed, “It’s okay, I should have told you too, so I guess were both guilty,” He smiled, punching me softly in the shoulder.

Baekhyun clapped his hands together, getting all of our attention.

“Well now that we’ve cleared everything up, we can all be comfortable around each other now.” He said smiling widely.

Soo grabbed Jongin’s hand and they scooted closer as I pulled over into my lap, making him blush a little, which made my heart do back flips in my ribcage.

“Why don’t I get out a board game or something?” Jongin offered, the awkward atmosphere completely gone as if it never existed.

We talked and laughed till or sides hurt the whole night, the four of us getting to know each other a lot better than before. Soo and Baek convinced their parents to let them spend the night and we stayed up super late. Soo and Jong slept on the latter’s bed, so Baek and I snuggled on the floor. It felt nice just getting to hold him in my arms while I slept. His warmth next to me was comforting and I loved how he fit so perfectly on me, like we were two perfect pieces of a puzzle. I slept well, even though were on the floor, simply because the boy I loved was in my arms. I fell asleep with a huge grin on my face, nuzzling my nose in Baek’s hair.


Hey everybody!! New update YAY!!

OMG!! You guys 100 subbies!! I love you guys so much! <3 You inspire me to keep writing! :)

PLZZZZZ COMMENT!!! I love your feedback, and I know I say it alot but it really means a lot to me! :)

I hope You guys like the new chap! ;)

ANyhoo

-unni