(Kaisoo) Accidents Are Meant To Be

The Secrets We Keep

(The Saturday of the Theme Park Date)

*Kyungsoo POV*

I was waiting outside the door, worried thoughts running circles through my head. What if I do something stupid in front of him..? Oh God I would die.. Or what if I accidently blurt out how I feel because I’m so nervous.. Oh Jeez, I should leave and tell him I’m sick or something… No, I can’t, I really need to work on this project.. Jesus Ch---, C’mon Soo, you can do this.. You’ve talked to him plenty of times at school… God, but this isn’t school with tons of people around.. this is just you and him.. alone.. in his bedroom.. on his bed… AHHHH..

Shaking my head furiously, I tried to shake all my thoughts away and build up the courage to knock on the door. I took a deep breath and sighed heavily. Well, here goes nothing..

I timidly knocked on the door and heard the deep barking of a dog coming from inside. The door opened a bit and I heard a silky smooth voice calling out.

“Max, quiet.. stay boy,” I heard him demand, then I saw him peek out from behind the door, looking as gorgeous as ever. “Hey, Kyungsoo.. come on in,” he said as he opened the door wide enough for me to step in. When I got inside I was “attacked” by an overly excited golden retriever. He knocked me over and my face ferociously, making me giggle.

“Oh Jeez, Max stop it.. C’mon now… Sorry my dog really likes visitors,” he apologized as he helped me up.

“It’s okay, I really like dogs anyway.. so his name is Max?” I asked.

“Yeah, I really liked TVXQ when I got him..” he chuckled.

“Really? I love them!.. ‘Something’ is one of my favorite songs!”

“I know right, I love the dance they did for that song too!”

“You dance..?”

“Ehh.. yeah a little… I used to take dance classes as a kid, but I stopped when I started playing soccer. I still like to do it for fun sometimes though, it helps me relieve stress I guess..”

“That’s really cool.. I can’t dance to save my life..”

“Pshh, that’s not true.. I’ve seen you at school dances and you’re not that bad.. trust me.. I  watched Mr. Lee dance once, I think I’m still mentally scarred from that.”

We both chuckled and stood in a comfortable silence after that while I played with his dog a little.

“Do you wanna head upstairs? My room is up there with all the project stuff in it..”

“Oh yeah, sure..” I answered and he led me up to his bedroom. His room was very simple, and completely not what I was expecting. His bed had plain blue sheets and he had a work desk next to it. On the other side was a dresser which was adjacent to the closet. He had a shelf with all his various awards for sports (mainly soccer) and a TV facing his bed, but other than that the walls were empty. I walked in and stood awkwardly in the middle, not really sure where to sit. Jongin closed the door and saw me looking around, noticing I had a worried look on my face.

“We can work on my bed.. it’s probably easiest. I’ll go get the book and my laptop.” He said as he walked over to open his closet. I fumbled over to his bed and cautiously sat down, a little flustered by the fact that this was indeed Jongin’s bed I was sitting on. He brought his stuff over and sat on the bed next to me. Our project was about the French Revolution and the book Tale of Two Cities.

“Okay, so since this project is pretty open ended I was thinking maybe we could do something besides just a simple presentation. Like maybe we could make something physical and creative instead. I feel like that would get us a better grade since it would be unique.”

“Yeah, I like that idea.. Did you have anything in mind?”

“Ehh, I’m really not very good at art or anything like that.. are you?”

“Well, I like to bake, but-“

“Really?! Oh that’s perfect! Marie Antoinette with the whole cake thing, and the different layers could be the social classes or something!”

“Oh, yeah.. That sounds great! Here let me write that down so I know how to design it.”

“I could get little lego people that look like soldiers and peasants to put on it.” He chuckled.

“Haha.. I like it!” I giggled back.

He stared at me for a second, and I met his eyes, curious as to why he was looking at me like that.

“What is it..? Do I have something on my face?.. Aw crap..” And I put hands up to my face to feel if there was something there when I felt a pair of hands grab my own. I looked down and saw Jongin’s hands holding mine and I stared at them, confused.

“Don’t worry… I just though you laugh was cute.. sorry..” He said shyly, letting go of my hands. We sat in silence after that until I felt too awkward and broke it.

“So should I put the lowest class on the bottom and work my up?”

“Oh.. yeah.. that sounds good..”

“Okay, cool.. and just so we have all the information we could add a slide show also.”

“I could make that.. since you’re already making the cake, I should contribute something, right?” he said as he bumped my shoulder with his and winked. I felt my cheeks heat up a little when he touched me. Suddenly, I heard his mom call from down stairs.

“Jongin, dinner’s ready.. You and your friend should take a break and come eat something!”

“Alright omma!” He called back to her and he stood up beside me.

“We should probably head down or else she’ll come up her and nag.. haha,” he said as he smiled.

“Food sounds good any-“ I started to say, but as I stood up my foot got caught on the leg of his desk next to the bed. I fell right on to him and he tried to catch, but was a little too late. I ended up taking both of down, with me landing directly on top of Jongin, our faces landing only inches apart. I could feel his breath on my lips and it sent shivers down my body. I freaked out and jumped off him as soon as I got my senses back.

“Omo.. Jeez I’m so sorry.. God I’m a total clutz sometimes..” I tried to explain, but he just snickered at my nervousness.

“Don’t worry, it’s all good.. I’m just glad no one got hurt,” he teased and ruffled my hair playfully. The place where he touched me burned and I looked away quickly, knowing my cheeks were probably bright red. He got up from the floor and helped me up with him. We both headed downstairs and I greeted his mom with a polite bow.

“Hi! I’m Mrs. Kim, Jongin’s mother. You must be Jong’s friend.. well aren’t you just the cutest thing!” She said happily, squeezing my cheeks softly.

“Omma!” Jongin whined cutely.

“What? I was just greeting your friend!” She defended sassily.

I chuckled at the funny display in front of me. “My name’s Kyungsoo, but most people just call me Soo for short,” I smiled at her.

“Well, Soo.. I hope you like rice with green curry,” she smirked at me.

“Yes, I do.. I’ve made it a couple of times in my cooking class..” I nodded.

Jongin looked over at me curiously, “You take cooking classes? Wow, your food probably tastes great!”

“I’ve taken classes for about two years now, it’s a little weird sometimes though because I’m the only teenage boy there,” I joked.

“Haha.. well it’s still a cool talent to have,” he assured as he bumped my shoulder again and I instantly lightly blushed again. His mom gazed at the two of us, a suspicious look in her eyes all of a sudden.

“Jongin, could you tie Max up outside for while we are eating dinner?”

“Uhh.. Yeah, sure,” and he left to go outside while calling Max with him. As soon as Jongin was out of ear shot his mom came over to me and whispered.

“So, Soo.. do you have a girlfriend?” she asked.

“Umm.. no.. not currently,” I replied, a little nervous of the topic she brought up.

“Hmm.. I’m surprised.. a cutie like you should have a fanclub,” she teased.

“Haha.. nah, not very many people notice me, I’m sort of quiet.”

The look in her eyes changed a little, and I could tell she was planning something.

“Soo, forgive me if this seems really strange and rude to ask, but.. Have you ever had a crush on another boy?”

My eyes widened to the size of globes, completely shocked by her question.

“Uhh.. well I-I mean.. umm..” I stuttered, flustered.

“It’s okay, I’m not going to judge you I promise.. I’m just curious,” she said as she smiled knowingly.

“Umm.. well,” I uttered, feeling caught like a fly in a spider’s web, with no hope of escape.

“Ahh.. I knew it! Omo.. this is so great.. haha,” she chuckled, furthering my confusion even more.

“What do you mean?” So confused, I just ignored that fact that she knew I was gay. Suddenly we heard the back door open. She leaned in and whispered leaving me baffled.

“Let’s just say that my son has a weird way of bumping people’s shoulders as a way of flirting..” She smirked and went to go set the table as Jongin came back. I stood there frozen, trying to decipher what exactly just happened. Wait.. What? Jongin.. Flirt… Bump shoulders..? But, that doesn’t make any sense because he’s been doing that to me.. unless.. no no way.. Jongin is in no way gay.. is he? I felt him poke me.

“Hey, are you okay.. you look like you just saw a ghost or something..?” He asked concerned.

Snapping out of my confused daze, “Oh.. yeah.. let’s eat.. yeah..” I mumbled as I slowly walked over to the table and sat down. Jongin took the seat next to mine, across from his mom, still looking at me funny.

After dinner, Jongin and I went back up to his room to hang out until my mom came to pick me up. Since I couldm’t bake cake till tomorrow and Jongin insisted on doing all the work for the slide show, we didn’t have anything left to work on.

“So..What do you wanna do? I have and XBOX downstairs, or we could do something on my computer..?”

“Umm.. we could just chill on your computer.. I’m not very good at playing video games,” I admitted stiffly.

“Okay, sure.. We can go on YouTube and watch some funny videos or something,” he grinned.

“I love doing that.. Me, Tao, and Baek could spend all day on the internet watching cute animal videos.. haha,” I snickered, remembering the time we actually did that.

“Oh, I know! You just can’t get enough of.. funny animals should be a weakness for everybody, I swear,”’ he laughed.

We spent almost an hour on his computer, just watching various videos of different people and animals doing weird and funny things until our sides hurt too much from laughing.

“Man, I can’t remember the last time I laughed this much with somebody else,” Jongin sighed.

“Well, I’m glad I could laugh with you!” I teased

“Do you just want to watch some TV until your mom comes?” He asked.

“Umm.. sure. That’ll being an easy way to kill time,” I smiled at him while nodding my head.

“Okay,” he said as he reached across me to get the remote from on top of his dresser. As he was reaching his hand slipped out from under him, causing him to tumble down. His face bumped into mine and our lips brushed each other for a moment. But, it was still enough to send a spark of electricity through every inch of my body. He pushed himself up off me and turned around and sat up to face the opposite wall. I sat up, still freaked out by what just happened, and just stared at his back. He put his face in his hands and groaned. Not really sure what was going on, I touched his shoulder, “Jongin..? Look, I know it was an accident.. it’s really no big deal.. I’m sorry, but you don’t have to be upset.. please?” I tried to assure him that he didn’t have to freak out, trying to repair the comfortable atmosphere we had a second ago. I was a little worried he might get mad at me and stop talking to me at school from the embarrassment of accidently kissing a guy.

“No.. no.. it’s not that.. it’s just..” he tried to get out as he groaned again, annoyed at something. Suddenly, he turned around to look me in the eyes and leaned toward me.

“Soo, look.. I know this is probably insane for me to say.. and I’m crazy for even telling you this.. but I honestly don’t think I can be calm and cool around you if I keep it inside any longer..” He sighed and looked down.

“I’ve had a secret crush on you since freshman year, when I met you in biology. The way you would smile whenever someone helped you.. or how you would giggle every time you saw one of the bugs  we raised mating.. I’ve been watching you ever since, and when we got partnered up this year I was so frickin happy, but also really nervous to be around at the same time.. You make my heart race and I feel like it could explode just at the sight of you..”

 I couldn’t believe what was happening. He has a crush on me..? but, how come I’ve never remember anything happening.. he always seemed like he never noticed me before.. could it be true? Does Jongin really feel the same way I do? Deciding to trust his words, I gently took his hand in mine, causing him to look up at me in wonder.

“Kim Jongin.. Would you like to go on a date with me next Saturday?” I eye smiled at him.

His eyes got bigger as he absorbed what I asked him. He didn’t say anything, but he nodded smally, grinning from ear to ear. He pulled me into a hug and wrapped my arms around his back, still amazed that the person in my arms was the most amazing guy I’ve ever met in my life, the Kim Jongin. Who I now have a date with.. OH MY GOD!!

We talked for a while after that, just getting to know each other a little better until my mom finally called me to let me know she was here. He walked me to his door and we smiled a little awkwardly and I saw his mom staring at us fondly.

“Hey, can I ask you a question?” I whispered to him.

“Yeah sure..”

“Does your mom know that you’re gay?”

He smiled and nodded, “Yup, I told her last year.. she was surprisingly cool with it. Why do you ask?”

“Oh, no reason, “ I grinned and looked over to his mom, giving her a knowing look. She smirked and waved goodbye to me. I waved back and then gently squeezed Jongin’s hand before running down the driveway to my mom’s car. He watched me as I left, and I glanced in the mirror to see him standing there. I smiled to myself, butterflies flopping around in my stomach as I thought about my day and the amazing guy I spent it with.. who I now know feels the same way I do. I couldn’t sleep at all that night because I was too excited about my date with him even though it was a whole week away. I groaned.. Jesus, this is going to be the longest week of my life.. I sighed and remembered when he (sort of) kissed me and how right it felt. Everything about Jongin felt right. What am I going to do with myself?


Finally we have officially met Jongin and  yay for Kaisoo fluff!! ;)

I hope you guys enjoyed the little side story of them :)

Next Chap will be back to Baekyeol and the main story.. but Jongin will finally have a real role in the story as well!!

Thanks to those of you who commented.. I love hearing back from you guys <3.. even if you don't comment but still read and enjoy, that's enough for me! I just thank you for supporting my fic :) <3

Tao will also be added more to the story as well! Just FYI ;)

Anyhoo

-unni