[Xiuhun] Green on my tongue

Late Night Drabbles

Author: ShiningRose

Pairing: Sehun/Minseok

 

Sehun hates amusement parks. Or rather, he used to love them. What’s not to love about roller coasters and screaming children and cotton candy and throw-up on the pavement and cotton candy and hot dogs and cotton candy—when you’re seven and you don’t know any better?

But Sehun has now reached the happy and mature age of twenty-five and he should have known better. He hates cotton candy, of that he is certain. Why on earth did he used to love the stuff? Any why did he allow his stupid nephew to drag him here? The weather is smolderingly hot, he’s miserable, his shirt is sticking to every weird place on his body and he knows he’s not looking all that attractive. His hair is slicked back, and it’s not due to any hair gel. It’s sweat. Sweat, in all its icky non-glory. But it’s a good thing Jongin is ten and unconcerned about everything except what color cotton candy he’s going to pick out next (after his rainbow concoction). Sehun hates his life, but no one really needs to know that other than him, so that's fine—

Wait, he hates his life even more when, mid- to his lime green cotton candy, he spots a figure he hasn’t seen in… he has to count… three years?

“Minseok?” Why is life so hard? Why now, after—he counts again…has it really been three years?—does he have to spot his ex-boyfriend at the amusement park on his absolute worst hair day ever?

“Sehun? Hey!”

Sehun probably has a green tongue by now. Could the day get any worse? Minseok, the love of his life—although that’s taking it a little far down the road of over-exaggerated romantic dreams—is standing about ten feet away, a spool of cotton candy in the demure shade of pink. His tongue looks natural. Not that Sehun is remembering anything about Minseok’s tongue skills. Absolutely not. 

“Minseok…” Sehun repeats again stupidly. “It’s… wow, good to see you.” Lies, all lies.

“You too!” Minseok doesn’t sound like he’s lying though. “Wow, it’s been what—“

“Three years!” Oops, did he say that too eagerly?

Minseok laughs, and it’s like no time has even passed. “Yeah. Quite a while. How’re you doing?”

Sehun is halfway to coming up with another load of lies about all the hot boyfriends he’s dated since he last saw Minseok, but he comes up short. He’s had no hot boyfriends, not even a semi-hot boyfriend. Maybe a guy who was sort of interested in him, but Sehun wasn’t into puppy dogs (kaepsong) and anyways, he didn’t have time for dating. Minseok was the last guy worth finding time for, but since Sehun completed college and moved away to start a job he hadn’t seen him since. Could it be called a parting on mutual good terms? How non-romantic. He didn’t even have any angst to fall back on in memory. 

“I’m fine. Cool. Summer break, and I had a few days off—that’s my nephew over there.” Sehun points towards Jongin, who is busy picking his fallen cotton candy off the ground, picking off a few strands, and then sticking it back into his mouth.

Minseok follows his gaze and… smiles awkwardly. “Awesome…” he says, while Sehun cringes. 

And then a woman walks up to his ex-boyfriend, deposits a baby in his arms and shudders. “Here! You hold him for a while. I have to pee.” Then she disappears.

Sehun thought his green tongue was awkward enough. Minseok though, with his perfectly pink tongue, suddenly looks mortified, and that’s saying something since they both just caught Sehun’s nephew trashed cotton candy. 

“Uhm…” says Sehun.

“Uhhh,” says Minseok.

“Is he… yours?”

Minseok isn’t gay anymore?! is Sehun’s first, immediate thought. Which he accidentally says aloud.

“What?! No, I’m still gay!” Minseok yells in fright, actually making the baby cry. He curses, the baby cries even more, and Sehun is sure his whole face is a nice shade of green now, not just his tongue. Him and his big mouth. 

“That was my sister! And this is my nephew!” Minseok explains quickly, before he laughs nervously. “Uhm, say hello to Sehun? He’s my… ex?” he tells the baby, who has no idea what’s going on. And then he turns completely pink, and Sehun doesn’t even know what to do anymore. The baby fidgets, Minseok drops his pink cotton candy, Jongin is still his disgusting treat, and Sehun just says, or thinks, but probably says, it. 

“Want some help there?” He flings his candy into the nearest trash can and steps forward to grab the baby that is not Minseok’s baby, and good thing, because Minseok looks like he’d be a horrible dad. “Hey, where do you even live these days?” he asks, cooing the child that his ex-boyfriend tells him is called Tao.

“Uhm, I just moved here to be closer to my family?” 

Perfect, Sehun thinks, or says. Probably says.

“Yeah… that’s perfect,” Minseok replies. He smiles shyly and looks way too happy to see Sehun again and oh hell yeah, Sehun loves amusement parks.