Chatting

Red String

I brought up my right hand, knowing exactly what he was talking about. I had never had the will to take off the little red ring he had given to me that day at the airport. At first it was a sign of hope that maybe I’d meet him again, but after the birth of Kang Dae I felt that I could someday give this ring to Kang Dae as a small token from his father.

“Ms. Choi. Can we talk for a moment?” Suho asked motioning for Beakhyun and Sehun to leave. I snapped out of my thoughts and nodded. Watching Beakhyun and Sehun leave, will casting glances my way.

“So what’s going to happen now? Are you letting me go or not?” I asked, crossing my arms and looking at Suho. He took off his mask, and took a seat at the table. I was a little shocked to see how innocent he looked but wasn’t that surprised from seeing what Beakhyun and Sehun looked like.

“Well, with the turn of events I would like to just let you go and forget what happened today, however we can’t let you go until Taemin shows up and we discuss a few things with him. But don’t worry, he won’t be hurt.” Suho said as he saw me begin to glare at him.

“What do you need him for?” I asked curious as to what Taemin could be used for.

“He owes us one for putting us in that predicament back at the club. Furthermore, he’s one of the best hacker’s in South Korea. He’s never been locked out of anywhere. He’s also able to make people disappear without any traces.” Suho said flipping through my file. “Like he did with you.”

“Why would he do that?” I asked curious, wondering why he made me disappear. Was it something to do with Kai? Or was it so I wouldn’t be connected with him.

“That’s something you’ll have to ask him yourself.” Suho said getting up and shutting the door to the room. I watched him, curious and still a little wary of his intentions. “Just making sure its private.” He said taking his seat again at the table.

“Private question? How do you know I’ll answer if you ask.” I said raising my eyebrow, curious as to what he would ask.

“Are you going to tell Jongin about Kang Dae?” Suho asked after a moment, getting straight to the point. I froze at the question, shocked at how concerned he sounded.

“Right now, no. I don’t know what he does, and it was just a one night fling, a few years ago. I’m not going to bring Kang Dae into anything dangerous.” I said after a moment of silence having to think over the question. There was no way I was going to put Kang Dae in any danger, and I barely know Kai. It would just make things more difficult right now.

“That’s probably for the best. However, Im not sure how you’ll be able to hide it from him.” Suho said, finally looking up at me. “If he saw Kang Dae he would know right away who’s kid he is. I mean you can’t deny that he looks exactly like his father.”

“I know, and I’ll figure out a way.” I said, quietly. I would find a solution, or I would face the problem. I hoped it could be the first but I’d have to leave that for when the time comes. “So what now?”

“Well, since we are still waiting for Taemin we’ll bring you to a nice room for the night. It’s well furnished, with a few books and a television if you get bored.” Suho said standing up, collecting the file, and motioning for me to follow him.

“I have no other choice do i?” I asked, slowly getting up. Suho just smiled and I could tell that was a no. I sighed and followed as he opened the door and led me down a large hallway. It gave a little eerie feeling just from how quiet it was, I shook my head to shake off the eerie feeling and just followed quietly behind Suho. “So do you guys have any fresh clothes?”

“We have a few different sets in the room to choose from.” Suho answered. I looked down at my dirty clothes and hoped that they had something that would fit me. I heard laughter from up ahead and notice Suho slow down. “Come here. No offense but its better if the guys don’t think I’m going easy on you. I can trust Sehun to keep Beakhyun from talking about what happened in the room but if word gets out that we’re going easy on you because of Jongin, I don’t think anyone would be willing to watch over you.”

“Is Kai that scary?” I asked confused as Suho grabbed my elbow and began pulling me forward. I stumbled but managed to keep my footing as he dragged me out into the open. I was greeted with silence as Suho brought me to the far end of the room and opened a door, revealing another large room that resembled a hotel suite. I glanced back to see 4 pairs of eyes watching me and then the door was closed and I was all alone.

“Hello.” A cheerful voice said behind me and I let out a squeak before turning around and facing a tall man smiling at me.

“Hello.” I said cautiously, at the man as he took a seat on the couch and the TV.

“I’m Chanyeol. I’m on first watch.” He said smiling at me.

“Can’t you just put a camera in here or something?” I asked curious.

“There are a few, but most of the time we have to be on hand, so no one hurts themselves, or does anything that could put one of us in danger.” Chanyeol said grinning at me. I couldn’t help but smile back, he had such a cheerful look on his face. I almost forgot that he was working with the people that had just kidnapped me.

“So.” I said making my way to a dresser that I had spotted. “What do you guys do here?”

“Suho didn’t inform you?” He asked curiously. He turned to look at me, as I shifted through the clothes. Finding some maroon shorts that would fit me, though they were a little shorter than I’ve worn since I had Kang Dae.

“Not really, he did mention something about clients and protection.” I said trying to find a shirt. I decided on a large, black jersey that had the word wolf on it. “Is there a bathroom I can change in?”

“Yeah, right over there.” Chanyeol said pointing to a door. I nodded and made my way into a bathroom. After changing I made my way over to the loveseat across from Chanyeol to hear his answer. “Well, I guess you could say we are a kind of special errand boys.”

“Errand boys?” I asked curious as to what he meant. He smiled and motioned towards the bowl on the table, I saw different assortments of candy but shook my head. He shrugged and took a lollipop.

“Yeah, we pick up a package, protect it, and deliver it to its destination.” Chanyeol said, making a loud popping noise with his lollipop. “Whether that be an item, person, or anything else.”

“So what am I?” I asked curious.

“Well, you’re not really a package.” Chanyeol said, grinning. “You more of the special bait to get the package.”

“Bait.” I said, remembering what Suho had told me about Taemin. “To get Taemin.”

“Exactly. Now we just sit and wait, until Taemin locates this place and comes on his own.” Chanyeol said, rolling the lollipop in his mouth.

“You didn’t tell him where to go?” I asked curious.

“If we give him to many clues, it’ll be too easy for him. He’s probably going through all the security cameras in Seoul right now just trying to locate the van we used and where it went.” He said, picking up the tv controller. I sat in silence thinking it over as he flipped through different channels.

“Can I talk to Suho for a minute? I have a personal request I would like to ask him.” I asked finally noticing the time, after a few minutes of just silently staring at the tv.

“I’ll call him, but that doesn’t mean he’ll come.” Chanyeol said after another minute of silence. He pulled out his phone and I waited as he turned away and whispered into the phone.

“So?” I asked curious after he hung up the phone.

“He said he’ll be here in a few minutes.” Chanyeol said, returning his attention to the tv. I noticed the glances he would cast my way every few seconds, as I waited for Suho to turn up. I wondered what they had talked about to cause Chanyeol to be casting curious glances at me every few seconds.

“What?” I asked finally getting tired of the glances.

“It’s just weird.” Chanyeol said resting his head on his hand, looking at me with curiosity.

“What’s weird?” I asked getting annoyed at Chanyeol’s vague answer.

“The boss doesn’t usually agree to meet with people, when they ask for him.” Chanyeol just answered moving closer towards me. I inched back even though he was still on the other couch, uneasy at the way his eyes were looking at me. Like he was trying to figure out a puzzle.

“Well, like you said, I’m special bait.” I said shrugging not liking how Chanyeol continued to just stare at me.

“Maybe.” Was all he said, and the next thing I knew he was standing up. I let out a squeak in surprise as he quickly stepped in front of me, looming over me. “Or maybe not.” He said leaning closer to me. I pushed back into the couch backing away from how close his face was.

“You’re too close.” I said just as I heard the door open.

“Hey J-“ Chanyeol began to say, as I turned to see who had opened the door. I gasped as Kai charged into the room, quickly grabbing the taller male’s shirt and pushed him back. I heard Chanyeol land with a thud on the ground. “What the hell man?” He let out.

“Calm down.” I heard Suho say from behind us, I turned to see him shutting the door behind him. Kai didn’t say anything but I saw him pull back his shoulders and straighten up.

“Sorry about that Chanyeol.” Suho said as he made his way to the couch. “I’ll take it from here. You and Jongin give us a minute.”

“Yes, sir.” Chanyeol said with a nod, looking at Kai quizzically and then to me. “Interesting.” I heard him say as he passed me, on his way towards the door.

“Jongin, leave.” Suho said. Kai turned to finally look at me and I saw the worry on his face. I quickly looked away, not liking the way my heart jumped. “Now.” I listened to Kai’s footsteps as he made his way out of the room, sitting in silence until I heard the door click shut.

“Is he always like that?” I asked, curious.

“He’s just protective.” Suho said, casting a sad look towards the door Kai had just closed. “So what was it you needed to talk about?”

“I was hoping I could make a call.” I said, giving Suho my best pleading look. “Kang Dae will worry if I don’t call him before he goes to bed. I always call him around this time, and I know he’s probably sitting by the phone right now waiting for me to call.”

“Sure. I’ll go get you a phone.” Suho said after a moment of silence.

“Thank you.” I said, as he got up and made his way to the door. I watched as he opened the door, and started talking to Sehun, who seemed to have been waiting just outside the door. After a moment, Sehun bowed and left. 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed that chapter! I plan on uploading one chapter a week right now just because I'm to busy to focus on writing, but i promise I'll have at least one chapter out a week. I hope you've enjoyed the story so far!