A Surprise Visit

Red String

“I can’t believe you really did that Mel!” Yoona said waking me up, she was still shocked over what happened the night before.  The idea of her usually shy friend, losing her ity to a random stranger was something Yoona never believed could happen.

“I wanted to be adventurous for once.” I croaked, rubbing my sleep caked eyes, and stretched my sore limbs under the warm sheets.

“I’m actually kind of proud. Though I’m still mad I was left waiting over thirty minutes for you.” Yoona said tugging my arm, pulling my up off the bed.

“Yeah, but he was amazing.” I said, giggling hoarsely. “I hope my voice gets better soon.”

“Go drink some juice and get ready.” Yoona said pushing me towards the door as she grabbed one of my packed bags. I could tell she had been up for over an hour double checking all her luggage, from seeing the way she bounced in excitement behind me.

“I am.” I said, sleepily making my way to the fridge. I downed the last of the orange juice we had left, not bothering with a cup. It was still a little eerie to see the fridge completely cleaned out.

I ignored Yoona as she bounced around me, excitedly talking about all the places we were going to visit once we arrived, and how she couldn’t wait to see her relatives. Clearing my throat a few times, I grinned as my voice can out mostly normal, only a little rough.

As Yoona began bringing out my bags from my bed room, I looked at the clock and gasped at the time, seeing that Yoona had only left me thirty minutes to get ready before the taxi came to pick us up. I quickly ran to take a shower, calling Yoona names as I closed the door behind me.

-1 hour later-

“I can’t believe you barely woke me up in time to get ready!” I said in annoyance as we loaded our luggage on to a trolley. My hair was still damp and I didn’t have time to put any makeup on.

“That’s your own fault.” Yoona said walking ahead, leaving me to push the cart forward. I grunted but just followed behind Yoona as she made her way towards the ticket desk. When we finally got our turn at the desk, I helped put the luggage on the scale and left Yoona to get the tickets as I stretched and leaned against the pillar, in one of the empty lanes.

Too tired to care I began stretching; touching my toes, lifting my arms over my head, and spreading my legs, reaching to the ground. As I was beginning to pull myself back up I felt a hand land on my lower back. Pushing me farther down.

“Yoo-“ I began to say, but then saw the black work boots that had come up to me.

“If I had known you were this flexible, we could have had some real fun.” I heard the familiar voice say. Letting out a squeak, I almost fell face first into the floor, only to be stopped with Kai pulling my collar back, to help me regain my balance.

“Oh my god.” I squeaked again as I straightened up, and was greeted with the familiar wolfish grin, and enticing green eyes. “How are you here?”

“What?” Kai said laughing. “I make my own fate.”

“Who are you?” Yoona asked as she came up to us, tickets in hand. Cautious of any person that she didn’t know.

“Hello, I’m Kia. I have something to discuss with Melody if you would give us a minute.” Kai said politely and I looked from his smiling, polite face to Yoona’s shocked expression as she recognized the name. She looked over at me to know if I needed her to save me or not. After a moment, I shook my head telling her it was fine.

“You guys have 10 minutes. We need to go through security soon.” Yoona said pointing to where she would be, at a small smoothie café.  “But after 10 minutes I’m going to drag you through those doors no matter what.”

“Yes ma’am.” Kai said smiling and I couldn’t help but grin as Yoona narrowed her eyes at him and did the ‘I’ll be watching you motion with her hand’.

“So, how are you here?” I finally said after I had led Kai to an empty bench away from the crowds.

“I have my ways.” He said wiggling his eyebrows. I wondered what he meant by that, but was interrupted when he suddenly pulled me into a light kiss. I froze for a second, then felt myself relax as I kissed him back, not being able to resist. I mean, how is this guy such a good kisser?

“Wait, wait, wait.” I said pulling away, remembering where we were and what was happening. Kai let out a little sigh as I pushed his hands away from me, since they had slowly creeped under my shirt. “That doesn’t explain why you are here.”

“I just couldn’t stop thinking about you.” He said, and I felt my cheeks turn red. I cursed at my heart for speeding up. I didn’t even know this guy, how could my body be fighting my mind right now. “After you left I had one of my friends, who owed me a favor, find you. Your social media told me you’d be leaving for China around this time so I made my way here.”

“You know that’s completely stalker material.” I said scooting a little away from him.

“Do I look like a stalker? I’m hurt.” He said, jokingly covering his heart. I rolled my eyes, but couldn’t help the grin that grew on my face.

“You’re such a dork.” I said hitting him in the arm. “Now, what did you want to say? Yoona’s not kidding about dragging me through security.”

“I had to get your number before you left,” Kai said, putting his hand out for my phone. I rolled my eyes but handed him my phone, watching as he put in his number. The next thing I knew, I heard a soft melody coming from his pocket. “There. Now you have my number and I have yours.”

I ignored the little jump my heart made as he handed back my phone, with a huge smile on his face. He began fishing around in his pockets, and I glanced over to see Yoona raising three of her fingers, telling me how much longer I had.

“Here it is!” Kai said as he produced something red out of his pocket. “I wanted us to make a promise to meet again.”

I froze as Kai took my right hand, and slipped the little red ring onto my pinky finger. I didn’t know how to react, as Kai smiled triumphantly at the ring fitting perfectly on my pinky finger. My heart was beating like I had just ran a few miles and was telling me that he was amazing, while my brain told me that this was too good to be true.

“We’ll meet again, right.” Kai asked cupping my cheek, bringing my eyes away from the little red ring that was now sitting on my finger.

“Definitely.” I whispered, leaning in to kiss him. I ignored my brain and just let my body take over. Letting myself hope that this could actually be happening. I lost my train of thought as Kai pulled me closer to him, deepening the kiss.

“Mel, its time to go.” Yoona suddenly said and I pulled away to see her looking a little unsure at what was going on. I shook my head to clear my thoughts as Kai began kissing my neck, ignoring Yoona and our surroundings.

“Kai, I have to go.” I said having to untangle myself from his grasp. I heard him let out a little groan as I stood up and  bent down to give him one last kiss before being dragged by Yoona away.  He reached our side in a few seconds. He didn’t saying anything but just took  my hand in his.

Kai walked with us silently, until he couldn’t go any further. I kissed him one more time and rested my head against his chest as he wrapped me up in a hug. I felt my heart ache as I said goodbye, faintly hearing a sad goodbye from Kai making my heart squeeze. As I turned to look at him, he had a smile on his face as he waved goodbye. I wondered if I had heard correctly, but just waved back as Yoona pulled me through the security doors, and out of sight.

-passed security-

“What the hell was that about?” Yoona asked as she dragged me towards the little convenience store to load up on a few snacks.

“I’m not sure. I mean, I know it was crazy that he just showed up here but is it weird that I’m so happy that he did. I mean there is just something about him.” I said a little dreamily, as I imagined Kai smiling at me.

“He just shows up here! Did you tell him you were leaving for China tomorrow?” Yoona asked loudly grabbing a bag of chips.

“Not that I can think of. He said his friend found me.” I said, grabbing my own bag of sweets.

“There’s something weird about that guy.” Yoona said, and then I felt my phone buzz with a message alert. Pulling out my phone I felt my heart speed up as I saw a new text message alert from a new number.

               “Namsam Tower.  July 22st.  4pm. “          

I felt my heart leap at the text, quickly saving Kai’s number. I sent a kiss emoji as a reply and quickly put my phone away as Yoona huffed and made her way to pay for stuff. She mumbled about what had just happened and I followed her towards our gate, letting her huff and complain. I grinned as I felt my phone buzz again but fought the urge to check it as Yoona started ranting about how he was able to find me.

“Yeah its crazy, but you can’t deny how handsome he is.” I said agreeing with Yoona when she finished her rant.

“Crazy people can be good looking!” Yoona said, handing our tickets to the flight attendant that was boarding passengers.

“Yoona!” I said, laughing as she just shook her head and walked down the turmoil.

‘Crazy’ was all she said as we made our way to our seats. I checked the message Kai had sent, and saw him grinning with his hand on his face, showing off the red ring on his pinky finger. I held up my own to look at the ring he had given me, it having slipped my mind.

I took a picture, copying Kai’s pose and sent it back telling him I had to shut off my phone as the last of the passengers filled on and the plane door was closed. I quickly saved the new picture as Kai’s contact photo before finally shutting off my phone.

“I’m just saying. Don’t fall too much for this guy. You barely know him.” Yoona whispered as the flight attendant began going over the safety measures. “I don’t want you to get hurt. Or kidnapped”

“Yoona!” I said shocked at her last sentence.

“Just be careful.” Yoona said looking me dead in the eyes.

“I am. I’m not going to get my hopes up or expecting anything.” I said, smiling to reassure her.

Yoona nodded, and began checking the movies that were available on flight. I turned to look out the window and tuned out the noise of the plane, daydreaming about the trip and Kai.

As the plane suddenly lurched into movement, I looked towards the airport as we began on path towards the runway, zoning out as I began to think about the Namsam Tower text, and what other things Kai might surprise me with.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hoped you enjoyed the beginning of the story! I'll be working hard to add more chapters. However, I most likely won't have the chance to write anything tomorrow, so I'll try writing the next chapter tonight for you guys. I'm really excited to try my hand at writing a full on story. I've written a few long stories but I've always fallen through with finishing them. However, I plan to finish this story no matter how long I make it!