004 (2006)

Expedition

"Jin~ Sign up with me pleaseeeeeeee?" Taehwa showed her innocent puppy-doll eyes. Soojin shook her head, "Hwa, I can't even take care of myself! Besides, the school relief team is leaving in two weeks... I don't have time to recuperate..." Soojin cried as she pointed to her knee with a cast.

Taehwa convinced Soojin that it was an unexpected accident, she pointed to the poster, with the displaced and injured families, and the children who lost their parents... "Surely you don't feel sympathetic for them..." 

Soojin was silent, she felt heartbroken as she saw the poster depicting an earthquake which wiped out more than 1000 people in Java, Indonesia. She was in deep thoughts, finally she spoke, "Where can I sign up for this?"

Taehwa hugged her friend, "Jin you're the best!!" Both of them filled up the application form at the school office. As they walked out of the school, Soojin gave a death stare to Taehwa, "Remember our deal to study overnight for 4 days straight, starting tomorrow." 

"Yes boss...." Taehwa dragged and smiled.

 

[A WEEK LATER]

Soojin was panicking as she accelerated along the school corridors, Chanyeol chased after her, "Jin are you oka-" 

"Leave me alone please." Soojin snapped as she flipped her hair and continued to scurry down the stairs...

Her teacher spoke in a very serious tone to her this morning, and wanted to see her at 2pm. It was the first time Soojin was getting anxious because she was summoned by a teacher.

"Jin you need to chill..." Chanyeol caught up and held her shoulders as she had the tense look on her face. Soojin scowled, "Yeol I have no time for your sweet talks okay so just get out of my sight and go home..." she rolled her eyes as she went into her classroom.

Chanyeol felt so downhearted, for the whole week, Soojin has treated him like trash. They only talked for 30minutes a day, which Soojin doesn't seem to be earnest.

-

"You told her to chill, you need to chill too..." Baekhyun passed Chanyeol a bottle of plain water as he was so rigid. "I don't even know what I did wrong, why does she have to treat me like crap?!" Chanyeol growled, but something caught his attention. It was the black triangle tattoo on Baekhyun's wrist.

Baekhyun doesn't seem like the type who would do body tattoo, and why is he trying to conceal it?

"Bro, don't tell the others about this... I kinda joined a gang with my cousin..." Those words agitated Chanyeol, "What the hell?" he jolted.

Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's wrist, signalling him to lower his volume. "Look, I may be in a gang, but I don't drink, smoke, womanizse or take drugs, and I will never do it..." Chanyeol doesn't look convinced with Baekhyun's statement.

Chanyeol lowered his volume, "So what do you do..." Baekhyun explained that he's involved in settling problems with other rivals violently, and create trouble for those who provoked their gang. Chanyeol was left bewildered after Baekhyun told Chanyeol never to tell Soojin, and left.

-

"Mr Ha... I'm really sorry for everything I've done. I know I have not been a great student, and my academic results are horrible. Please give me another chance..." Mr Ha seemed confused as Soojin began to show a pathetic and repentant look on her face.

"Soojin, you want to sit down first? We'll discuss it civilly" he tried to calm the lass who was feeling culpable. Soojin refused, she wouldn't sit down until Mr Ha told her that she'll be given another chance.

Mr Ha, unable to ressure Soojin then said, "Alright, you'll be given a second chance, can you sit down now?" Soojin's face lit up, and she immediately sat down in front of Mr Ha.

Soojin was so apologetic towards her behaviour she was using the word 'sorry' for more than 15 times. Mr Ha was puzzled, he thought why is Soojin apologising continuously.

"Soojin if you would just calm down..." Soojin realised she was behaving too frantically, so she stopped, "Okay, what did I do wrong this time?" 

Mr Ha frowned, "Wrong?" he asked, instead Mr Ha was going to praise Soojin for being so courageous and righteous as she signed up as a member of the relief team heading to Java.

As he was impressed with Soojin's decision, he made her the leader for the main medical centre that the team will be setting up.

Soojin felt so silly as she has been worrying about Mr Ha lecturing her but it turned out otherwise. Soojin thanked Mr Ha fervently and left the classroom.

-

"Taehwa!" The damsel turned around in the speed of light once she heard someone calling out to her. Chanyeol ran towards her direction, and asked how did everything go.

"Perfect. She signed up for the relief team... In fact, Mr Ha is giving her a leadership role for this trip..." Chanyeol looked rather complacent as he heard about his girlfriend's apitude. 

However he sighed, "She didn't inform me that she was going on the overseas trip... look how much I mean to her..." Chanyeol spoke with melancholy. Taehwa pat his back to encourage him. She told him that Soojin has been very busy with her schoolwork and many other stuff, maybe Soojin just needs Tender-Loving-Care.

-

"Newton's third law... erm... oh my heaven, what is it?" Soojin started to become paranoid and irritated with herself... She tried to cool herself down, she took a rest for 5 minutes, afterwards she resumed her revision.

"Ok so the law is, OH HOLY MOM..." she reached out to her phone as it vibrated on the table. "Handsome Oppa~~^^" she picked up the call.

"Baby are you awake??" Soojin started to feel even more vexed, she hurled, "YES I AM AWAKE, AND WHAT DO YOU WANT CAN'T YOU SEE I'M STUDYING?" Soojin was about to hang up the call until Chanyeol snapped, "Kim Soojin don't you dare to hang up." 

Soojin closed her notebook with force and lied on her bed, "What the heck you want..." Chanyeol was tolerating her temper as he was on call with her, he tried to control himself. He asked Soojin why is it that she's been so cold to him and didn't even tell her that she was going on the overseas trip with the school.

"UGHHH. MUST I REALLY TELL YOU WHATEVER I DO?!" Well, Soojin is Chanyeol's, and he does deserve the right to know...