002 (2006)

Expedition

"Soojin... Soojin are you okay?" Baekhyun nudged her tutee. Soojin was awakened from her daydreaming. Baekhyun knew that Soojin was not in the right mindset to study, so he closed the chemistry textbook and started questioning her.

Soojin could't lie to Baekhyun that nothing's wrong, Baekhyun is like her older brother, he can discern whether Soojin is feeling troubled...

"Oppa... do you think I should get into a relationship..." As she said that, Baekhyun found it strange. She never mentioned to him about getting into relationships, as she always seemed so careless about it.

"If you really like that guy and you think you can lay down your life for him then no harm trying" Baekhyun being the wise guy. Soojin chuckled, "Lay down my life? Too exaggerating..." Baekhyun smiled as she could finally interpret his exaggeration, "So who's that lucky guy that you're into?"

Soojin frowned, both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol was on her mind. She confessed to Baekhyun that she's fond of Chanyeol, but Kyungsoo does too much for her.

Baekhyun knew Chanyeol for more than a decade, so he adviced her to go for Chanyeol, although Kyungsoo might be better-looking... Indeed, Baekhyun's advice were the best.

 

[SCHOOL]

"WHAT ON ACTUAL EARTH?!" the librarian turned towards the 2 friends and gestured them to be silent... Taehwa widened her eyes, "You want to confess to Chanyeol? Oh my Gosh girl!! I'm so proud of you~ but... how?" 

Taehwa was alarmed when Soojin said she was going to tell him verbally, face to face. Taehwa knew that Soojin has always been fond of Chanyeol, but didn't had the courage to tell him. 

Taehwa then used her ruler and slapped Soojin's open forehead, "Are you like out of your mind?" Taehwa was against that idea as the last time she expressed her affection to Baekhyun, she got rejected really badly... 

"No harm trying" Soojin quoted Baekhyun, "But I'm quite curious, eh. How come Baekhyun would reject such a pretty and sweet girl like you..."

Taehwa sighed, "Don't remind me..."

 

Since Chanyeol is 2 years older than Soojin, his curriculum ends half an hour later than Soojin... Soojin then decided to wait outside his classroom, so that she can tell him immediately without him getting distracted by anything else. Soojin was holding a piece of paper in her hand...

"Okay. Oppa, I really like you, I hope you feel the same. No, that sound's weird..." she took her pencil and cancelled out that dialouge. "Oppa I love you, be mine okay? Ew no! Too direct!" She cancelled it out again. "Chan-" 

"Jin, what are you doing?" a familiar voice was heard, "Oh my mother! Oppa!" Soojin jumped, "I thought your class-" Chanyeol reminded her that today is Monday, everyone ends school at the same timing... Chanyeol sneakily asked if Soojin was waiting for him.

"Erm... Erm... I need to ask something... And it's..." Soojin was continuously stuttering when she speaks, soon she broke into sweats. Chanyeol brought her into his empty classroom and made her sit on the seat nearest to the fan, and he was pretty suspicious of her behaviour.

He asked her if it was something important, without hesistating Soojin replied "Yes". 

 

"Oppa, you know how I always say that relationships are for peasants?" Chanyeol nodded his head. Soojin then continued on by saying that she thinks love is a waste of time, and it's useless. 

Soojin talked about the same old thing, which is how she felt about mutual relationship for 15 minutes. Chanyeol then stopped her, "Soojin, get to the point..." Soojin knew that she had to come clean with him, because her actions are not going to bring her anywhere...

Soojin smiled awkwardly, and said everything as fast as she could, "Oppa you know I kinda, I mean really L-I-K-E no no, L-O-V-E you and I know you don't feel the same but you know I feel so much better telling you that? it's like oh ma gawdd you just released a balloon filled with helium-" 

She was stopped when Chanyeol grabbed her wrist, "Say what?" he simpered. Soojin growled, "Yah! Didn't you heard what I say?" Chanyeol laughed, telling her that she was speaking too fast and he could barely catch what she was trying to tell him, pleading her to repeat what she said.

In actual fact, Chanyeol heard everything, he was too ecstaticed about his crush liking him, he wants to hear it from Soojin again.

Soojin moaned and frowned, reluctantly repeating whatever she said. Soojin felt so embarassed she took her bag and ran out of the classroom, "Oh gosh, Kim Soojin you're insane!!"

"Yah Kim Soojin! You forgot your handphone..." Soojin reached her hand into her pocket, and realised that the iPhone 6 her mother rewarded her for having good results wasn't there, she sighed and walked back to Chanyeol.

Soojin stretched her hand out for her phone, instead of receiving her phone back, Chanyeol whispered that he's also secretly in love with her. Soojin's face lit up for a few seconds, but her strict face came back when he refused to return her the phone.

Chanyeol then made a deal that if Soojin agrees to be his girlfriend, then only he'll return the phone. "Stop being retarded..." Soojin glared. He shook his head cheerfully, stating that her phone is his property unless she agrees to his deal.

Soojin had no choice but to unleash her aegyo, lucky for Chanyeol he was one lucky guy who gets to see it. He really liked it, all the more he didn't want to return it to her.

"Oppa! Your Seonsaengnim is calling you!!" Chanyeol turned his head around, Soojin snatched the phone from his hands and ran away, giggling...