Part 6 - Voices

(X)

Suho woke up to the sound of voices,

They weren’t loud, they weren’t demanding, and they weren’t here. He knew because he’s heard them before, sometimes in dreams sometimes during his daily life. They were soft almost whispers, as if it was a bad radio transition.

He sat up from the couch and looked around the room, everyone was still probably sleeping, the last couple of days had been hectic.

His throat itched and his mouth felt dry. He needed water. Suho stood up and walked to the bathroom looking at his reflection. He was dehydrated, the flaw to his almost perfect gift.

He needed to drink about twice as much as the normal human, or else the voices would start and his body became weak. They whispered in his ear and he flinched. He needed more than just a glass of water.

Carefully walking out of the house, Suho made his way towards empty buildings and quiet neighborhoods, the voices in his head becoming slightly louder, he had to find a bigger source of water. He walked a couple more streets until he found an empty piece of land. Maybe the forest?

He walked across the pasture until he reached the the patch of tall and thin trees, the wind blew and the sky was grey. It almost looked like it was about to rain, but he couldn’t wait that long. Suho walked deeper into the forest trying as hard as he could to ignore the voices.

His legs pushed him further, and he obeyed, when it came to finding water he had to trust his instincts. Let his body take over rather than his mind. Slowly trees starting disappearing and he found himself in an abandoned neighborhood. The walls crumbling and the air colder.

In front of him was an empty pool. Or at least it had the makings of one. The sides filled with green moss signaling that there had been water here. Suho jumped inside the empty hole and walked to the end of it. He sat down and leaned his head back taking in one last breath before he looked at the pipe in front of him.

Unlike Sehun, Chanyeol or Baekhyun. Him and Kyungsoo have studied and practiced their gifts longer, they were better at controlling them. He didn’t even have to move a finger, all he had to do was feel the vibrations of it inside the earth and will it out.

Water as clear and blue as the ocean suddenly poured out of the pipes quickly reaching him. He felt himself immediately relax as the hole filled with water completely covering him.

He closed his eyes and smiled slightly the only thing heard was the peaceful silence water brought when you were under it.

The voices were gone.

*******
(Chanyeols POV)

“How long has he been down there?”

“Two hours I’d say”

Chanyeol looked down at Suho’s still body that had been sitting under water and cringed. “Are you sure he’s not….. You know..” Sehun shook his head “hyung knows his powers well. I doubt he’d drown when he can control it” Chanyeol nodded and kept looking at him.

It had taken them almost an hour to find him, and he was already tired. “What can you do?”

“Me?” Sehun muttered, he looked at the water and waved his hand back and forth creating a surge of wind. slowly tides formed on the surface of the water. “Just wind” he shrugged. Chanyeol nodded.

“Aren’t you going to ask me what I can do?” Sehun shook his head “considering you ran away from a forest fire my bet is you started it” Chanyeol laughed awkwardly and stretched “we should go tell everyone we found him” Sehun nodded and they both started walking back.

“I never thought I’d be in France” Chanyeol laughed trying to take away awkwardness, him and Sehun haven’t had a chance to talk much since all they’ve been doing the past couple of days is running away. “We should go to Paris I’ve always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower” Sehun nodded smiling “me too. I miss my car though”

Chanyeol laughed as they reached the house they were staying at. Sehun had been forced to leave his car behind as they escaped to Europe. He had complained the whole flight. “Did you guys find him?” Baekhyun asked laying on the couch. “Yeah he’s being creepy underwater”

Kyungsoo came out of his room reading something off his phone. “Baekhyun I think now would be a good time to tell us about this research facility” Baekhyun groaned and shook his head “my brain isn’t working right now, can we wait for Suho?” Kyungsoo sighed but nodded walking back to his room.

“Sehun and I were thinking about going to Paris” Chanyeol started

“No!” Kyungsoo walked out of his room again shaking his head “no big cities. We have to stay hidden and not attract attention. Word has probably gone out and they’ll soon be looking for us here too”

“Besides… It’s a 7 hour trip by car. We can’t waste that type of time.” They didn’t say anything so he went back to his room. Chanyeol sighed and Baekhyun stood up grinning looking at his phone “but if we take a tgv train its three to four hours”

“Wait we’re going?” Sehun asked shocked, “I’m older than him and so is Chanyeol we can do what we want, besides..”

Baekhyun outstretched his hand, a clear blue light shining from the palm “I want to see how the Eiffel tower looks all lit up” Chanyeol grinned and put on his jacket “to Paris it is then!” Baekhyun and Sehun both shushed him immediately.

“We do what we want but it’s best if Kyungsoo doesn’t know” Chanyeol looked at both of them and nodded.

“You’re right. Let’s go quietly”

*********
(Tao POV)

“Buy me this?”

“Tao stop we’ve even buying stuff all day” Kai waved him away. He sighed and put down the sunglasses. Paris was beautiful but it had taken all of his money. He looked at the night sky and sighed. He was tired.

“Xiumin, you’ve hardly said a word today.” Kai and Tao both turned to him. Xiumin laughed awkwardly “that’s because I’m not drunk” Tao grinned, Kai had surprised him by adding a new member to their little adventures, but after the plane ride he had come to like Xiumin. Even if he was a little quiet at times.

“Guys guys look” Kai pointed at a young girl around their age, she had dark hair with hints of red at the tips, she was wearing a long sleeve black shirt with a red scarf and had dark jeans. She was definitely attractive. “Miss Paris?” Kai grinned. Tao shrugged “why don’t you go find out?”

Kai nodded grabbing Xiumins arm “be my wingman” he pulled him away. Tao looked around “I still want those glasses” he turned around just as someone else grabbed them. “yah! I was going to buy those”  the guy shrugged and put them on

“really?” He muttered sarcastically. Tao couldn’t help it he raised his hand and everything came to a stop. He turned around to see a frozen Kai and Xiumin talking to the hot girl. Tao quickly grabbed the glasses from the guys face and put them in his pocket.

He sighed and everything unfroze, “wait, what the?!” The guy put a hand to his face confused and Tao grinned, and took out the glasses from his pocket. “Looking for these?” The guy frowned and turned to the shop owner. “Excuse me but this man had a pair of sunglasses in his pocket that belonged to your shop. I think he’s trying to steal”

Tao’s jaw dropped open and he shook his head “no I wasn’t!” The owner ripped the glasses from his hand and started yelling in French. “I… No.. He’s lying!” Tao grabbed the guys arm. He looked at Kai and Xiumin for help but they were still talking to the girl. He didn’t know what to do except….

Time stopped again, and he breathed a sigh of relief before his body turned cold. “What?! What is going on?!” Tao mentally kicked himself, he was still grabbing his arm. “Let go of me!” He yelled shaking his arm away from Tao.

He waved his hand in front of the angry owner, “do you see this?!” Tao couldn’t speak. What had he just done? The only other person he had shared his power with was Kai and recently Xiumin. Who knows what this guy would do. “Yehet!” The guy yelled laughing.

“What?”

“This is great, perfect.” He grinned and took out his phone taking pictures of the owner “Chanyeol and Baekhyun will never believe this…. I wonder if they’re frozen too?” He handed his phone to Tao “take a photo of me and this guy” Tao took his phone dumbfounded. Was he serious?

“Hurry! We don’t know how long this is going to last” Tao sighed and took a photo “do you want to take another?” He waved him away “one photo is plenty.. I’m Sehun by the way” Tao had to choke back laughter, being frozen in time really helped this guys mood. “Tao… And I know how long this is going to last”

“How?”

“Because I’m the one controlling it. You didn’t stop because I was grabbing you at the time I did it” Tao didn’t know why he had just told him that, he might as well have told him about Xiumin and Kai. Sehun didn’t seem shocked “Time control…”
He muttered

“-that’s the coolest one yet” Yet? Tao raised an eyebrow and Sehun shrugged he lifted his hand and pointed it towards Tao. Wind blew from his hands and towards his face causing him to stumble back. He had powers too?!

“Not as cool as Time control though” Sehun complained. “You said yet… Does that mean you know others that can do things like this too?” Sehun nodded “yeah, oh I should introduce you, they should be around here. Come on”

Sehun grabbed Tao’s wrist pulling him the opposite direction, they walked down a couple shops, The street filled with people frozen from enjoying their night before Sehun started laughing. “These Hyungs are ugly” he walked up to two guys who had been stopped in the middle of eating.

“This one is Chanyeol” he said taking the sandwich from his frozen hands. “And this ones Baekhyun” he took a bagel out of his hands and handed it to Tao. Sehun started eating the sandwich and took a photo of the two with his phone.

“Ok you can start time again”

Tao sighed and gave the bagel to Sehun as he unfroze time.