Part 10 - Marbles

(X)

“He’s been doing this for hours”

Lay looked at the two way mirror and sighed, Inside the room was a guy who was just staring at the mirror with the lights flickering around him. “He knows we’re watching him?” They didn’t need to answer him, the guy stood up from his chair and walked up to the mirror “yah! I know you guys can hear me! You want to see power? Fine!”

Before he could blink the lights in the two rooms went off. Lay looked at the men but they didn’t flinch. “Looks like patient 2A4N needs another dose”

“Dose?”

“A formula we inject into their body to suppress their powers. It only lasts 60 minutes.. More or less” he nodded towards a bigger guy and the man left. “Another reason why you come in handy” Lay saw the man walk into 2A4N’s room, compared to the patient he was huge. He towered over him quickly making him duck his head and stretch out his arm.

The man took out a long pointed needle and shook his head motioning towards the patients neck. Lay cringed and looked away “the formula works quicker if it’s injected into the neck. In about twenty seconds after being injected the patient will start feeling nauseous and weak.”

“Why?”

“The body doesn’t take the injection well. The side effects are dangerous unless injected into people like… You. If injected into a regular human they would be a rotting corpse in only two days. With these patients though it’s..  Doable to say the least.”

Lay nodded “so you need me to heal him?” He nodded not saying a word and walking out of the room. Lay sighed and looked at the patient as he sat back in his chair holding his neck in pain. He felt sorry for him. It didn’t feel right what they were doing to him. “18…19..20” he muttered as twenty seconds passed. He watched as the patients face grew sickly and pale as his eyes glazed over.

He needed to heal him. Now. Lay hurried out of the room and into the patients room quickly shutting the door behind him. He walked up to the patient hovering his hands this time over his neck where the injection had been. “What are you…?”

Lay shushed him and closed his eyes trying to concentrate. This thing was making his immune system weak. He worked harder as he felt his body repair itself at Lays command. “Do you feel better?” The patient raised his hand up to his neck and nodded “never better actually how did you do that?”

“I have a gift like you, but mine is healing” Lay bowed at him and started walking out of the room before he felt his arm being grabbed. “No stay! Please? What’s your name?” Lay turned around and looked at the patient. Just like the first one he looked scared “Lay..” He muttered. “I’m Baekhyun” he smiled softly.

Something about his expression reminded him of a puppy. Lay suddenly had the urge to take care of him. “I guess I can stay” Baekhyun grinned and sat down “great! So why aren’t you locked up here like me?” Lay sighed sitting on the floor “well because I’m healing you guys, or else you won’t survive the treatments” Baekhyun winced.

“Can’t wait for those. Did you say you guys?” Lay nodded “they have another patient. I’m not sure what his power is but his name is Sehun he’s younger..”

“Sehun?!” Baekhyun cut him off. He ran a hand through his hair looking like he was going to be sick all over again. “No no they can’t do this! he’s just a kid” he paced around the room and Lay stayed silent. What he was doing was wrong, he shouldn’t be helping these these people. He should be helping Sehun and Baekhyun escape. “Did they inject him too?”

Lay shook his head “he was really sick when they brought him in. I’ve healed him but he has no energy to fight” Baekhyun sighed and sat by Lay “what was he sick with?” He shrugged “his physical self was off by two minutes. It sounds weird but that’s what I picked up. It’s as if his body hadn’t caught up with time so his immune system was working ten times slower than it should.”

“Tao..” Baekhyun muttered. “He’s another guy like us but he controls time” Lays eyes widened, that was powerful. “They’re probably looking for us.” Lay shook his head quickly “bad idea they’d fall right into the trap. These people WANT you guys to be found.” Baekhyun looked at his feet. “You have to help us” Lay shook his head “I’ll get killed”

“So it’s ok for us to be cut and sliced open like frogs?!” Lay cringed. He didn’t even want to think of them getting hurt in that way. He thought of Sehun, he was so young. They all were they didn’t deserve this. “Ok I’ll help. What do I do?”

“Find Suho and Kyungsoo”

********

(D.O Pov)

Kyungsoo stepped on the gas pedal as hard as he could. He didn’t have much time before the others figured out he was gone, but he had to make sure.

He drove down the highway trying to remember anything he could. He could feel the earth even moving even in the rented car. He could always feel it. He saw a small rock coming up his path and he nodded his head slightly sending it off the road. He never showed his powers as much as the others, it wasn’t because he couldn’t control it. He could. Kyungsoo just knew it was better not to. Baekhyun and Sehun had already disappeared.

They couldn’t attract more attention. He flinched as voices whispered in his ear. Suho heard them too, and he knew the others probably did. He had cine to notice similarities in their powers. They all had one flaw, a defect to their gifts. His defect was annoying to say the least. Once he’s moved a certain piece of earth. He couldn’t move it again. As if the earth itself was telling him he wasn’t in control.

The voices got louder which meant he was closer. He drove quickly until he couldn’t take the whispering anymore. He had been led to a white three story house, plants of different kinds had been put in front of it. Kyungsoo had the strange feeling of Dejavu as if he had been here before.

He walked up to the door and knocked loudly. The wind shifted swaying the plants back and forth. No one was home. Kyungsoo let himself in surprised at how big it was inside. The voices were back but this time they were here.

The whispers were actually coming from a part of the house rather than his head. The basement. He looked down at the long staircase it went in a spiral but it was square shaped he sighed. He had to go find out. He took the steps by two ignoring the way the floorboards creaked above him.

“Anyone here?” He called out as he reached the basement, no answer. Kyungsoo could hear the voices coming from down the narrow hall. He walked carefully feeling the ground below him shift. The walls were painted a pale green, cracks in the paint displaying the years it’s been left untreated.

He reached the last door and the voices grew louder. Kyungsoo leaned into the small hole built in the door to see through. “Hello?” He muttered quietly before peering in.

Flashes of images attacked his eyes as he saw visions of each of the them. The voices grew louder in his head and he couldn’t look away, he stayed frozen as if something was holding him there. “GO!” Something shouted before he was able to pull away and he collapsed on the floor.

Kyungsoo gasped as he leaned his back against the wall staring at the door in shock. What was that? He had almost felt like he was actually there in every vision. He felt the heat of Chanyeols flames, the water in his throat from Suho the feeling of being transported from Kai all of it.

A soft rolling noise snapped him out of his thoughts as he looked down the dim hallway. Marbles rolled towards his direction slowly stopping when they met his upper thigh. He looked down at them and counted.
“Ten…” He whispered. One for each of them. He picked one up and a vision of Sehun flashed in his mind.

Walls of white and metal doors flashed in his head, he saw Sehun laying on the floor. He wasn’t moving. Kyungsoo let go of the marble and the dark hallway filled his sight again. Did he just see Sehun? He carefully picked up another marble and this time Xiumin flashed in his mind, he was back at the hotel they were staying at.

A loud crash woke Xiumin up as the door slammed open and people with guns came in. Kyungsoo dropped the marble and gasped he picked up another one. Chen this time, the scenery was the same as Xiumins but he was fighting off a guy ten times taller than him. The guy stabbed something into Chens neck and It suddenly went dark.

“No!” Kyungsoo grabbed another marble. Chanyeol! he was grabbing onto Suho as flames shot from his hands, suddenly he was shot with something and it went dark again. He shouldn’t be wasting time, they needed his help. Kyungsoo stood up grabbing the marbles and putting them in his pocket.

He quickly ran out of the house and got in the car hoping he could get there in time.