2nd chapter: rain falls

Love Can Still Prevail

Xiumin just got home from practice plot down onto his sofa and turned the television on. He closed his eye listening to the sound of the television.

“…hit and run…” Xiumin got up hearing the words. “Finally something interesting on TV” He thought however as soon as he saw the picture they put up his eye widened.

“is that who I think it is?” he panics and texted CL being that it is Dara’s best friend.

He stood up a bit dizzy by the alcohol he consumed but puts down his glass and began running. “I have to find Chanyeol”

 

Kris and CL

“Kris!! Kris!! WU YI FAN GET YOUR IN HERE AND LOOK AT THE TV!!” CL began scream crying.

Kris panics once he heard CL yell his real name. “ch-chae, what is it?” Kris hid behind the wall drying his hair; he saw the crying Chaerin and looked at the TV.

“the-they’re talking about Dara …she’s… she’s  dead” CL wept harder.

 “t-this can’t be…What about… What about Chanyeol…” kris quickly took out his phone and started to text the other.

 

 

Minzy finished her dance practice. She grabbed her duffle bag and walked out of the building being greeted by Kai and Sehun.

“Minki!!” they cheered. Sehun reached for her bag but Kai was quicker.

“You got it last time, it’s my turn” kai grins

Sehun dismissed kai and looked at minzy “you hungry minki?” she nodded

“ then let’s go eat over there” sehun hooked his arm with minzy

“ya sehun minki is mine” kai said hooking his arm with minzy too.

“no shes mine!!”

“guys stop fighting… again..,” she said. Minzy was annoyed, but calmed down a bit hearing her phone and unhooked herself from the boys. “oh chaerin unnie, yoboseyo”

“m-minki ah, d-dara was hit by a car, she’s … dead”

“ne!? please tell me this is a joke,” minzy’s began to laugh hysterically before she burst into tears realizing this wasn’t a joke and her friend had just past away. “it’s a joke, it has to be right? Chaerin…”

“minki are you okay?” both boys said as they stopped their fighting to stare at her. At that moment both phones buzzed and they saw the message.

“I’m sorry guys but I want to go home…”

 

“hello sir! We’re all set” the waiter tells him

“thank you, all we need to do is wait” chanyeol smiles. Chanyeol was sitting at the table with the ring in his pocket and flowers on the table.

Phone rings*

“yo baek  what is it? Calm down, and hurry spit it out I’m waiting for dara right now.”

“t-that’s the problem, you’re not seeing her, she’s… she’s dead. It’s all over the news…we’ve been constantly texting you”

Phone drops*

“sir do you have a tv?”

“I’m here at the infamous Seoul Bridge where a hit and run has occurred. A passing witness notice a car hit a woman knocking her into the water below. She is not yet identified but we have a drawing representation of her. If you know this woman please contact us as soon as possible.”

Dara pov~

I opened my eyes slowly; my head was spinning “What’s going on here? I guess I passed out” I heard a commotion as I got up from the ground; I started to walk towards the crowd. “What’s really going on here?”

“Did she die?”

“poor girl, I hope they find her”

“Was it a hit and run?”

“What really is going on here?” I asked myself again. On my side view I saw Chanyeol. “What’s he doing here? and with the reporters?”  I began approaching him, I was about to tap his shoulder when I saw a tear. “omo Chanyeol don’t cry, what’s going on.” I grabbed his arm but surprisingly it went through. “what-what’s happening?”  I gasped and stared at him. “am I dead?” I said to myself.  “This has to be a dream I can’t, I won’t believe it. Wake up dara!!” I slapped myself and held up my cheeks.  “I’m… DEAD..”

End pov~

 

Chanyeol arrived at the scene noticing a crowd. He stood frozen looking at the spot.

“excuse me, did you happen to find her name or her body?”  Chanyeol approached the closet reporter

“ah yes we just confirmed it with a bracelet floating in the water and a photobook, luckily it didn't sink all the way to bottom and that not all the photos were ruined.” the man began walking away but turned around, “do you have any relation to this woman, seem this book was filled with photos of you two?”

“she’s my gir-" he stopped in his tracks "she’s my fiancée”

 

Dara’s soul stood on the side watching this man do a report. “Earlier this night a woman now identified as 24 year old, Sandara Park was involved in a car accident knocking her into the river down below the infamous Seoul Bridge. Authorities now are holding a search party to find the missing body; this has been YGN, Ki Ha Myeong”

“… I-I need to leave… I need to go somewhere…”

 

Chanyeol stood at the bridge when it began to suddenly rain but he didn’t move. The rain hid his tears that he’s been trying to hold back.

"Chanyeol hyung"

"Tao?? Why are you here?"

"Chanyeol it's my entire fault. I'm sorry if only I drove her to you"

"What's going on?"

"She planned a surprise for you, I was helping her. After she called you and left a message I offered to drive her but she rejected it."

"She left a message?" Chanyeol took his phone and checked it. Why didn’t I hear it…? "Tao, what was her surprise?"

 

Tao drove into the drive way with Chanyeol’s car close behind. He got out of the car and walked over to his.  "Let me turn it on and get you a towel, your freezing." Chanyeol nodded and sat there for a second.

He slowly got out of the car. The lights began to turn on revealing a beautiful garden. He walked around the garden and went to a fountain and cried.

"Are you really gone?"