chapter 1 dara's death

Love Can Still Prevail

Chanyeol pov~

“Noona stop being so hard headed I told you, I’ll drive”

“yeol, don’t worry, I want to go myself, I have lots of things to do.”

“you’re always working, let’s meet at 8:00 then.  Mm that restaurant, okay I’ll see you there! Mmm love you too”

It was 10 years since we met and became best friends and 3 years since we officially started dating. My family wasn’t supportive of us. It was mostly because of the fact I’m becoming a CEO to my father’s company.  My mother’s only afraid that if I date her my dad will be angry; in fact she really liked Dara. 10 years ago, I got lost and wondered away. She found me, lying on the ground and brought me to her house. Her family cared for me until I got better and brought me back. About once a month I started asking my driver to take me to their house. 

I never really told you her name; it was Dara, Sandara Park. She was a year older than me but we still became best friends. Her family wasn’t the richest, basically that was one of the reason my father didn’t like her but Dara was hard working. My mother noticed how special Dara was and helped put her in my school; my mother is the school director just so you know. It was actually a surprise for me.

I remembered that day clearly. Just like any other day after getting out of my car I met up with my friends but this time a bunch of guys zoomed passed us. I kept hearing them say “she’s really pretty.” I didn’t know what the commotion was about so we joined in for fun. We never usually do this but this time, the pile of guys following her was huge, larger than any of the other times. I literally had to push my way through the crowd. The second I saw her I realized the beauty was my best friend Dara, I yelled her name. “Dara Noona” she turned around and waved to me. “yeollie!” I smirked looking at the guy’s expression including my friends. Honestly their faces were priceless, a mixture of disappointment and jealousy. The more I spent time with her, the more I began to fall in love with this petite girl. Something sparked between us during that time and we were in a some relationship until finally after college I got the courage to ask her to be my girlfriend. I know what you’re thinking I made her wait 6 years. I actually didn’t know she liked me back until graduation when she kissed my cheek… I’m happy she yelled at me later for being so oblivious or else we still wouldn’t have been dating.

End pov~

 

Chanyeol walked around the Hongdae area picking up a few things before the date. First the nursery where they bought some roses then straight to the jewelry store. He walked around the store before stopping at a ring. “This, this is one” he whispered. “Excuse me can I get this one?” he pointed at the glass and smiled. 

“ne, ” she took it out of the case. “It’s really pretty, the one you’re buying it for is really lucky.”

“I think I’m luckier” he smiled

The bell to the shop rang causing Chanyeol to turn at the sound. A couple came walking in. if you were to see them then, you’d think they were models. The man was a CEO of Wu industry, his name was Kris or some call him yifan. As for the women she’s a designer named chaerin or CL. CL is really close with Dara, best friends in fact. They met each other in high school along with another good friend, minzy. CL, minzy, dara and her older sister bom were the best of friends.

“chae pick what you want, I’m buying” kris smiled

 “haha, of course you are” CL said in a joking manner and turned to the now pouting kris. “What’s with that face, so derpy” she pinched his cheeks.

Chanyeol coughed getting the attention of the two. “hyung, chaerin noona long time no see.”

“Oh Chanyeol, what are you doing here?” she let go of Kris’ cheeks. Kris began messaging his red cheeks.

“ya chae!! Did you have to pinch me so hard?”

“ignore that Pikachu, anyways you’re getting something for Dara right?,” chaerin walked over to him then gasped. “Omo, Are you proposing!?!” 

 “Does your dad know about this?” chanyeol just shakes his head.

“I’m hoping that he loosens up after the proposal.”

“Hey so why are you alone? Isn’t kai supposed to be with you?” chaerin asked. Kai is Chanyeol’s manager.

“ah yeah but I gave him a break, he’s trying to court minzy again but she keeps ignoring it.”

Chaerin laughed thinking about her maknae. “Classic minzy, isn’t sehun trying too?”

“eh? I thought he was courting bom.”

“kris your probably not up with the gossip. Anyways chanyeol, Dara’s going to love it. It’s gorgeous. ”

“Thanks. I need to get going; I have a lot of stuff to do.”

“ah right, today’s you’re anniversary”

“Bye, don’t forget to invite us or else I’m going to kill you for not inviting me to my best friend’s wedding”

“of course I won’t forget, dara would have killed me too. Bye!”

 

Dara had rejected Chanyeol’s offer for a ride. She was planning something for their anniversary.

"Noona it's done, hyungs gonna love it"

"Thanks, I better call him first before I go” she dials the number letting it ring before it went to voicemail "hmmm,guess he's not answering... I'll leave a message"

"Dara, want me to take you there? It’s dark. Why didn't you just ride with him?"

Don't judge me!! I was working on this; I didn't want him to see it. I’ll go take the taxi.”

“You’re forgetting something; taxi’s barely come in this area.”

“Really? That .” She pouted “Anyways its fine, I want to walk; it’s been ages since I walked in the area."

"You sure? What if it’s not safe?"

"Yeah, it fine. Don’t worry I know how to fight. Bye!!" Dara runs out but runs back in. “ oops can't forget the book. See you later"

“stay safe noona”

 

 

Dara was at a bridge and checked her phone, “7:40, almost there…” she quickly slips her phone in her bag and continues to walk at a slightly quicker speed but froze when a bright light appeared in front of her.  Her eye’s widened as the car collides with her body. Her eyes barely open see’s the man grin. He backs up causing her body to roll off the car and straight into the water. He drives off.

“OMG!! 119!!! I have to call them!!” a woman rushed to find her phone and began calling the police. “hello I want to report a hit at run”

 

“c..chan..yeol” 

 


SORRY IT'S NOT GOOD, I WANTED TO POST SOMETHING EARLIER IN MAY BUT I WAS USING MY SCHOOL LAPTOP SO I COULDN'T EDIT ANYTHING OR TYPE. I REALLY SORRY GUYS.