Chapter 7

The Escape Artist

I walk silently as I am escorted back to the room were Key, my real boyfriend, is. But, God, oh God. What I am I going to do? That sad-looking guy I saw on TV is my boyfriend too? And he’s coming to visit me? What the can I do? The president of my company said I should pretend to be his girlfriend so he won’t be depressed while promoting. But that’s practically cheating on Key. . I’m stuck.

The door to the meager living space opens and I’m thrown inside. I see that Key has a concerned look on his face, as the door slams shut. He runs to me from the couch, as I catch my breath kneeling on all fours on the wood floor. He kneels down beside me and cups my chin with his hand.

“Chaerin, love, what’s wrong?” Key questions, staring with sincere concern into my eyes. He wipes away a tear I didn’t know fell. I sit back on my calves and launch myself into his arms. He rubs my back while I completely soak the shoulder of his shirt with tears. We sit there for a couple minutes while I just cry my eyes out. What would I do without him?

“Baby, why are you crying? What happened? Please tell me. I’ll do what I can.” He whispers into my hair. I let loose a couple final sobs then calm down.  I’m not even sure why I’m crying this much. It’s only a little uncomfortable news.

“I-It was just the president of YG Entertainment, my company. He s-said he’s bargaining to get me out, and he’ll talk to SM Entertainment to get you and A-Amber out.” I recount. I sniffle a little, and frown at my stuttering. Key rubs my shoulders and smiles a small smile.

“Chaerin, that’s good news! We can get out of this hellhole. We can be a couple in the real world in not too long.” Key says, his voice full of hope. His feline eyes almost sparkle with happiness. How am I going to ruin this?

“That’s not all. He also said… He also said that I- I have another boyfriend.” As soon as I say this I get up and walk across the room. Key stays kneeling for another minute in shock. The silence in the room is suffocating.

“His name is Kwon Jiyong. G-Dragon, from BIGBANG. He’s coming to see me tomorrow. I don’t really remember him.” I say, facing a barred widow opening up onto a view of a dirty back alley. The only sound in the room is breathing.

“You don’t really remember him? Does that mean you remember him somewhat? Do you love him?” Key questions. I can hear anger and betrayal in his voice, it almost sounds wounded.

“I… I had a flashback once. It was really quick and blurry. I couldn’t see his face clearly. It was just someone who appeared to be my boyfriend. This was before you asked me out.” I let the silence consume me once more. Do I love him? It wasn’t me he loved. It wasn’t me that Kwon Jiyong dated. It was that other girl before I came here.  “I don’t love him. I don’t even remember speaking to him. He’s not really my boyfriend if I don’t have any real memories with him.”

Soon two thin arms snake around my waist. I feel hot breath on my neck, and a chest pressed against my back. “Do you love me then?” he asks, almost whispering into my ear. I sigh with the frustration that’s building up within me. Who do I love? Who am I really? I tear his arms off of me and walk away for a few steps.

“Enough with the love! How can I say I love someone when I don’t really even know who I am? I’ve been told I’m CL, leader of 2NE1, idol rapper extraordinaire, girlfriend of Kwon Jiyong. But am I really? I don’t even remember this girl. She’s not me. She’s someone else. I have this past me, this other Lee Chaerin, who haunts me now. My- sorry -her past keeps coming back, saying that I have these responsibilities, these obligations and duties, that I want nothing to do with. I don’t want this. I don’t want to be GD’s girlfriend. This is not me!”

Key stands with his mouth ajar at my words. His face turns from shock to happiness when he comes and hugs me. “I know. I feel it too. I can’t even imagine being who I was before I got here. Before I really knew you.” He kisses the top of my head gently.

“You may not know if you love me, but I can say that I love you, in any form.” I blush at his confession. I can’t look him in the eye from my outburst, but he turns my head towards him anyway. “You don’t have to be anyone for me, Lee Chaerin.”

Before he can kiss me, I blurt out the real problem. “So what are we going to do when he comes to visit me?”

Key hangs his head immediately. His hand slips off of my chin and he turns to face forward.

“That’s a problem, isn’t it? What to do with the not-really-a-boyfriend. Not good, not good.” Key muses. I can see the thoughts whirling through his head. I can’t stop thinking he’s beautiful, and that I want to kiss him ridiculously. But I should probably think of a solution to this problem.

“Well, I think you should tell him you’re not interested. You can’t even remember your relationship and you’ve got a new boyfriend.” Suggested the beautiful boy sitting next to me… FOCUS CHAERIN!

“I feel like he’ll have this violent reaction though. I bet he really loved me. He’s coming to the mafia to see me and everything… I don’t want to break his heart! That must hurt like a .” I spew my thoughts out like a couple would. Well, I guess we are a couple.

“You have to. Getting his hopes up would be just mean. We all have to be a little cruel sometimes though. Suddenly a though sprang through my head, connected to a memory. A recent one, yes, but at least I can have memories now.

“I have an idea. It’s really cruel though. It’ll help us get out.” I half whisper. Key’s eyes light up with mischief and… he takes my breath away. Must he always do that?

“It involves playing on his emotions.” I say cautiously. I don’t know where Key’s morals end in this sense, so I hope he doesn’t object. It’s one of our only chances to help us get out.

“Go on, sweetie. Whatever you plan is probably genius.” Key urges. There’s almost some sort of fire in his eyes. It’s starting to freak me out, honestly.

“If he really loves me, then he’ll do anything for me, right? Even if I ‘break-up’ with him he’ll still have residual feelings, so we’re going to have to play with that.  Is it possible he knows any thugs or has any access to guns?” I ponder, my mind whirring.

Key pauses with his mouth hanging half open. “Are you really suggesting we be violent to them?” He sounds so meek at the prospect of him actually hurting someone; it almost makes me reconsider our plot.

“They kidnapped us and wiped our memory, so it’s not like they don’t deserve it.” I pause, take his hands and look into his eyes. I can tell he’s afraid of it all, the fact that either of us could get hurt or possibly die. I his cheek with my hand, I need him to go through with this, or we may never get out. “I know you don’t remember it, but I saw that you killed someone in a musical once. I’m gonna need you to put on that brave face for me, okay? This may be our only chance at escaping.”

“D-Didn’t you say that YG is negotiating?” he whispers.

“I’m not just talking about getting out of here, Key. I’m talking about getting out of it all. We don’t have to be idols anymore. I’m not the person I was before, I can’t go back to that life.”

“Are you suggesting we run away?”

“Yeah. Let’s go far away.”

~~~~~~

A/N: Guess who's back? I am! The answer is me! i make no promises though

This story has been on my thoughts so I thought I should just finish it. Hope you enjoy it.

Come join me on tumblr at shinelikeastarlight.tumblr.com