The Youngest God

The Gods on Mount (insert creative name)

I awoke in the after noon, the sun was shining bright through my curtains and flooding my room. There was a knock at my door, I stood and opened it.
"Top! You're late for Luna's party! She'll be soo angry! Now get up and get ready!" Taeyeon yelled at me.
"Calm down, I'm up and I'm going to get ready now." I sighed as I went to my bureau full of clothes. I dressed behind my folding screen and stepped out.
"Top! You'll never get away with wearing that in front of Kwangmin and Youngmin! Here..." She walked over to my dresser and picked out my whitest toga... with a plain brown belt.
"Taeyeon, why are my outfits so boring, why can't I wear something..different?" I complained behind my screen.
"Because, you're the youngest, when you get to your 8th decade you can start wearing what you want, but right now, we have to hurry!" I heard her tapping her foot.
"Ready." I said as I stepped out.
"Great." She grabbed my hand and led me down stairs to the ball room. She opened the doors quietly and stepped in, taking our seats in the back.

"Today, we announce Luna's first century!" Leeteuk announced, and the room was filled with clapping
Luna stepped up, smiling in a new white gown that Jessica must have made for her. She smiled brightly as she stepped down to thank Leeteuk, and pass the 3 oldest gods, Heechul, Taecyeon, and Amber. She bowed and received a golden staff, that all the elders receive when they hit their first century.
I was new, I was only in my 2nd decade, so about 20 years, I was the youngest. Then before me were Kwangmin and his brother Youngmin. Then Taemin, and Jessica, then there were others, but I haven't remembered their names yet... Then there were the elders of the elders. They were the oldest Gods that lived up higher on the hill, in a palace,  they were centuries old, and I don't even know who they are.

When I looked up everyone was standing,Taeyeon pulled my arm and pulled my up. I watched as Luna exited the room, then we could. I really hope she didn't notice me and Taeyeon come in late, she would get really angry, and probably beat me with that staff. But what can say, I'm the youngest.

We all gathered in the great hall. It was decorated, all white, with the columns wrapped in green olive branches. I sat in the corner with Victoria, Donghae, and Junsu. Then Eunhyuk came and took Donghae away somewhere and Luna sat down dragging Taeyeon.
"Top-sshi! why were you an Taeyeon-unni late! you missed more than half the ceremony!" she pout.
"We're sorry Luna, it was just that Top woke up late and I went to get him."
"Hmph..well, I guess I'll forgive you, but you owe me! Maybe we'll go shopping sometime!" She smiled.

I never understood, where I lived. There were 3 mountains. The oldest Gods lived on top, then the newer, kind of regular god like me and everyone else here, lived on the second mountain. The 3rd mountain was filled with half gods, and people who knew of the gods, but never spoke about them. They were also the families of the other gods. It was just like civilization down there. But I haven't been there yet. I haven't done anything but sit around for decades. I needed to do something. I wanted to venture lower the the 3rd mountain, but we were told, to NEVER go down there. That was where the humans lived. They aged, they died, they didn't have special abilities. Yoseob told me they were all boring down there, because he and the twins Kwangmin and Youngmin had snuck down there once.

But our tastes were different, I wanted to see the world and what was in it. I don't care if Yoseob thinks everything is boring down there, I wanted to find out for myself.
Later on when I was out on my balcony I looked down and saw the 3rd hill shining bright with lights. I squinted my eyes to see if I could see further and I saw a few fuzzy lights but nothing more. I sighed as I walked back in. I would never be able to get down there, they had security around us. It seemed impossible.
Suddenly Taemin and Nichkhun barged in with a bird, "Top! help the bird's wings is broken!" Taemin sobbed as he handed it to me.
I looked at it and saw it's wing bent out of shape. I ran my fingers across it and threw it out into the balcony, but it didn't hit the ground, it flew off into the moon filled night.
Taemin smiled, "Thanks Top!"
Nichkhun smiled too as they left.
Each god had a special power, ability, or some sort of charm. They created certain gods to fulfill their needs, and once that god had been made, they're irreplaceable. I was a healer. I guess they needed one, so Taeyeon created me.

I took one last look out the balcony doors, before I went to sleep.

 

so how was it? please tell what you think, I greatly appreciate your comments and reviews!..don't worry, everything will make sense later!