Surprises Part 3

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

Play this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP3Qxhlu6ss&index=23&list=PL9A2DEEB7F06565A3

Yonghwa POV

My heart didn't calm down until we were in the middle of the movie. Her hug took me off guard and I didn't know how to respond to it. But I understood. She was thanking me. Just from the simple action I wanted to punch Daehyun's face in. I wanted to tell her she deserves much better and that his abandonment when she laid out her feelings for him did not determine her worth. I meant what I said earlier but they weren't enough. So I all I could do was stand still. We weren't at a point in whatever we had for each other where I could easily touch her. No matter how much I so badly wanted to, I had to contain myself. 

When she pulled away from me I caught her slipping the money for her ticket into my pocket. Damn she's so honorable. It was incredibly attractive how she always sported her independence and I respect that. But to keep things light-hearted I shouted, "is this why you hugged me?!" 

She giggled, "sure." No Shinhye please don't show me how cute you are. I'm already struggling at keeping myself from pulling you into my arms. 

As the movie played I had little intention of actually watching it. Instead I glanced at her beside me every once in a while. My eyes were on the screen but my focus elsewhere. And I definitely wasn't wrong when I said she was strong, her hits hurt. Like , she's laughing yet I'm suffering her violent rage? And when she slapped my thigh I thought I was serious when I told her she could hurt the goods. But of course she tells me to shut up and this time I actually listened. 

She was adorable when she became bashful at the two characters displayed in front of us. Her nose poked my arm and her fingers clutched onto me. I treasured the skinship we were having all day and didn't really care when she dug her nails into my skin because I messed with her. The way she scrunched her nose at me warmed my cheeks. "You'll pay for that wifey," I told her. 

"Sure I will," she retorted. 

I wanted to wipe her tears away the moment I saw them slide down her cheeks. But I didn't know how she'd react to that so I only watched. She spoke to me and from then on after hearing her voice break I had to hold her hand. "When you find someone you might love you hold onto them regardless of your heartbreaks in the past. She's lucky to have found him." I looked down to the girl beside me and felt a spark of hope. Would she leave like Leeyoung? Would she use me like her? Soft whimpers escaped from and I wrapped my arm around her for better comfort. 

"It's going to be okay because I already watched this movie so I can guarantee you that," I lied. "And you know what, he's just as or maybe more lucky to have found her." That part I didn't lie. 

When she squirmed in her seat because of the movie's happy ending I couldn't help the silly smile on my face. Beautiful. She was beautiful. As we exited the theater she praised the film and asked if I thought some scene with Betty White was hilarious. It probably was but I didn't pay attention to it. "You lied huh," she caught me. "But you didn't pay attention earlier?"

I did. But it was directed to you. 

I felt a slight tug at my hand and noticed her hand in mine. Did she do that? Did I? Judging from her surprised expression I guess it just sorta happened. We were outside of the theater and I moved the hairs that bothered her face behind her ear. "There we go," I told her. I could feel her shiver and I heard it too. "Are you cold?" I asked.

"Uh it's probably from sitting inside the theater for a while," she reasoned. I nodded then removed my jacket and placed it around her shoulders. "What are you..?"

"You're cold aren't you?" I asked. "Can't risk getting sick or else you'll have to miss school. And then I won't be able to see you." 

She scoffed, "I already said your cheesy lines won't work on me." I smiled. 

"I know. That's why I keep trying them on you because your reaction is the best out of all the others," I said. Without any shame I grabbed onto her hand again. When she narrowed her eyes at me I explained, "I'm teaching you remember? So far this is what a date is like, well at least a date with me." 

"So you're preparing me for something that won't happen?" She inquired.

I paused for a second and sighed, "how am I going to get you a boyfriend with that attitude of yours?" To be as snarky as her I even added, "oh wait you already stated I'm your boyfriend." 

"That was to protect you and now I'm starting to regret it," she muttered.

"How do you suppose you're going to take responsibility for this? I'm supposed to be getting you a boyfriend, not become yours." I demanded. 

"You're supposed to be helping me get over someone. Not necessarily get me a boyfriend," she corrected. 

"Haven't you heard that a new love can heal an old one? You're still hurting Shinhye," I stated. 

-Earlier-

"You sure got a possessive girlfriend," Leeyoung said. 

"Well she was rather eccentric back in middle school," Daehyun chuckled. I heard Shinhye gulp and focused my attention on her. Her hand squeezed mine out of nervousness and the tension grew heavier. She was uncomfortable just being near the guy like I was with my ex. He spoke again, "I didn't know you had a boyfriend. You're always alone studying in the library everyday." And why would he know that? And how could he assume she wouldn't have a boyfriend? Before I got to speak on her behalf she already did so. 

"Well as you can see, I'm not in the library. I'm on a date with my boyfriend who isn't feeling so well," she reached up to touch my forehead and I froze. She lied, "he's burning up. I should probably take care of him back at his house." I stared at the girl who suddenly gained such boldness and before I knew it she led us out of the food court. She kept walking somewhere probably aimlessly and I let her. I was in a daze, surprised but mostly impressed. Her hand felt clammy and that I wasn't surprised about. So I finally spoke. 

-Present-

Play this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOAQgU1ymGA

"That's a ridiculous saying," she rolled her eyes. "And I'm doing better than before." 

"You are," I admitted. "And I'm trying to help you in the best way that I can. So I guess since we're supposedly dating, this could serve as more practice to you." 

"We're going to fake our relationship?" She asked incredulously. "For how long?!" 

"As long as it takes for it to look real in front of those two," I answered.  She groaned and swung our arms around frustrated. I wouldn't let go of her hand no matter how strong she was. This is actually going to be really fun. Shinhye and I 'dating.' Of course it's not real but I'll take what I can get... for now.

"This is a nightmare," she whined. "I'm already 'married' to you and now I have to 'date' you? Ugh this is torture." 

How insulting. A LOT of girls want me and here is little miss smartass complaining about faking a relationship. "You made your grave now lie in it," I grumbled at her. She glared and I glared back. We sat on a bench outside some clothing stores. "In order to make this believable, we can't just act like a couple in front of Daehyun and Leeyoung. We need to be obvious in school and in public in case anyone from school sees us together." 

"Or we don't have to go out in public and therefore people can't make assumptions," she suggested.

"And then that will spark the assumption that we don't go out on dates," I argued.

"We went out today and who says cuddling on the couch watching some NetFlix isn't a date?" She pointed out. 

"Fine you got me there," I said then smirked. "So you're into cuddling?" 

"Everyone likes to cuddle and get your mind out of the gutter. I practically hug my stuffed bear to sleep," she defended. 

"I bet you claw at it and punch it to death," I shuddered remembering her violent attacks on me during the movie. "We go out three times a week and once where I come over your place to watch Netflix." 

She gasped, "that's way too much interaction. How about we don't go out at all and you may come over if I feel up to it." 

"We go out once over the weekend and I come over once after school," I bargained. She pursed her lips together and closed her eyes in thought. "Think of it as studying each other because we have to be legit about this. You can study right?" 

"Can study? Who do you think you're talking to? Deal," she stuck her hand out. 

I took hold of it, "glad to know we both like challenges." I pulled her much closer to me and she squeaked. "Now are you up for skinship?" Her eyes widened at our close proximity, her lips were literally a breath away from mine. noticeably moved as she gulped. 

"Sk-Skinship?" She stuttered. My how innocent you are Shinhye. 

"Like this right now," I pulled her closer so that her head rested against my chest. I wrapped one arm around her shoulders while still holding her hand. "Everyone likes cuddling, that includes me." She lifted her chin to look up at me and though I was the one trying to mess with her, she bewitched me instead. Her expression still flustered but beautiful. Everything about her was genuine, she didn't put up an act like all the other girls who tried to please the past player I was. She wasn't acting about the affect I had on her like Leeyoung did. I am affecting Shinhye. I couldn't help lean into her face and attempt to taste her lips. But a loud alarm went off in her head before she pushed my chest away. She hugged her legs to her chest and covered with one palm. 

"We're not doing any kind of skinship you're implying! Especially kissing!" She demanded. 

I shook my head, "not like we didn't kiss already at the party." 

"Don't remind me," she shut her eyes. When she opened them they trailed to my lips then back to my eyes. "We can hold hands but that's all." 

I clicked my tongue, "what kind of couple doesn't kiss?" 

"I'm sure kissing to you is like a high-five and I don't want to know where your lips have been. I'm sure it's been on plenty of other girls including... Leeyoung," she started. "But I believe kissing is to be shared between two people that really like each other. And on both sides consented.

"You may have taken my first kiss that time. But I'm not considering it as my first because I don't have a clear memory of it and nor do I want to. So no kissing these lips whatsoever," she stated. 

I sighed understanding how important this was to her, "fine. BUT I can kiss you on the cheek." She opened but I cut her off, "that's the least I can do! I can kiss you anywhere but your lips. A couple without any kissing is a failed one." 

"We're not even a couple," she muttered rubbing her temples. "Fine but if you try something funny with me then you're dead."

"Oh I know I would be wifey," I lifted my hands. 

"That's another thing too. Nicknames," she pointed out. I shrugged. "I don't like them." 

"Would you rather I call you something else? Like baby? Or even better, bae?" I listed. 

"I don't like them period," she repeated. I leaned back on the bench and folded my arms behind my head. 

"Well I'm sorry because I can't help it," I confessed. "Maybe it would help if you called me something." 

"Idiot," she spoke. "Jerk, , motherfu-" I extended my arm out to her and pressed my pointer finger against her lips. 

"When did you get such a foul mouth?" I asked. 

She pushed my arm off, "since you've aggravated me to the point that I needed to vent strongly." I shrugged again. "Do you like annoying me?"

"I like seeing you mad. You look-"

"If you say hot you're dead," she warned.

"Passionate. You look incredible. It's better than seeing your face all stoic and hidden away in a book all the time," I continued. "And I can't promise to stop the nicknames. They just come out naturally." 

"You sure know how to talk don't you?" She crossed her arms. I nodded with a confident grin plastered on my face. It widened when she actually chuckled. "This is surprising. This whole situation we're in." 

"Well it is your fault," I added. 

"I know already and I'm sorry," she groaned.

"No you don't need to apologize," I said standing up from the bench. "I'll take you home now. We can discuss more on our next date." 


A/N: I think I'm going to change a lot of things from the original now haha. And that includes the way this ends. Thanks for reading and let me know how you guys like it~