06

My Eyes Adored You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"So.. It's Sehun's birthday this coming saturday. And I have an idea." Kai said as he gathered Baekhyun, Luhan, and Minseok in a coffee shop near their university.

 

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Well.. He's a big fan of sci-fi, so we'll throw him an alien-themed surprise party. Just a simple and small one." 

 

"Okay.. What do we have to do?" Luhan asked.

 

"I'll provide everything, the food, the music, and the alien costumes. All you guys have to do is to show up."

 

Luhan stared blankly at Kai. "Wait wait, did you just say alien costumes?"

 

Kai nodded eagerly. "Yup. He loves aliens."

 

"So.. You want us to dress up as aliens?!" Luhan asked in bewilderment. 

 

Kai blinked. "Yeah, why?"

 

"Where will we hold the party?"

 

"At his place. We'll just show up at his doorstep and surprise him."

 

Luhan sighed in relief. "Oh. Okay. As long as no other people would see us dressing up as aliens, I'm in."

 

Kai smiled. "Thanks buddy. Minseok, it's okay with you right?"

 

Minseok nodded. "Yup."

 

"Baekhyun?"

 

"Of course. I also like sci-fi, so I understand Sehun's passion about it. And I'm sure he'd love an alien-themed party."

 

"Okay. Good. Let's gather first at my place on saturday before we head to Sehun's."

 

"Alright. Anyway, I have to go. Mom's waiting for me at the mall." Luhan said as he stood up.

 

"See you tomorrow." Kai said.

 

Luhan nodded and turned to leave the coffee shop. 

 

 

 

 

"Luhan!" Minseok called as Luhan was about to get inside his car.

 

Luhan turned around and blankly stared at Minseok. 

 

"I'm sorry."

 

Luhan raised his brows. "Sorry for what?"

 

"I know you're mad at me. I know you well. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to hang out with you yesterday like I promised."

 

Luhan heaved a sigh. "I'm sorry too. I'm sorry I lost my temper and raised my voice at you."

 

Minseok smiled. "You want to go out tomorrow after class?"

 

Luhan's face slowly lit up. "Of course." That's how he's always been. He can never stay mad at his bestfriend for a long time. Just one smile of Minseok, and he gets weak on his knees and even forgets why he was mad in the first place.

 

 

------

 

 

As long as we're together, there's no place I'd rather be.

 

"Sehun, why are you eating here alone?" Kai asked worriedly as he approached Sehun at the cafeteria.

 

"I.. I'm used to eating alone." Sehun replied.

 

Kai heaved a sigh. "Sehun, you don't have to be alone anymore. You have friends now. Baekhyun, Luhan, Minseok, and me."

 

Sehun fell silent for a moment before he looked at Kai. "Friends?"

 

Kai nodded. "We're not just your project groupmates, Sehun. I hope you can consider us your friends from now on."

 

Sehun averted his gaze, feeling awkward at the topic. "I.. I'm not used to having friends.." 

 

"Well, I guess it's time for a change. Welcome the people that wants to be in your life, Sehun. I know it might not be easy for you, so do it slowly. Step by step. And you don't have to be afraid of change, I'll be with you in every step. I got your back, Sehun."

 

Sehun was speechless as he stared at Kai, his heart beating fast. For a long moment, they just stared at each other silently, and Kai was so close to blurting out what he feels as he got lost in Sehun's eyes. But he knew it wasn't time yet.

 

Composing himself and trying to calm his heart, Kai cleared his throat and averted his gaze, thinking of another topic to talk about.

 

"Oh, right. Uhm, I almost forgot to tell you.. We'll start the filming on saturday. We'll pick you up before we head to the location."

 

Sehun looked hesitant. "Saturday?" 

 

"Yup, why? You have plans on saturday?" Kai pretended to ask.

 

"Uhm.. None.." Sehun lied. He was planning to cook and have a small party with his children, but the project should be his priority. Maybe he'll just celebrate his birthday on sunday.

 

"Alright. C'mon, it's almost time for our next class." 

 

 

------

 

 

"Happy Birthday!!!" Kai, Luhan, Minseok, and Baekhyun all hollered exuberantly when Sehun opened the door.

 

Sehun froze and gaped at all of them in shock. 

 

"Do you like our costumes?" Baekhyun asked excitedly.

 

Sehun scanned the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter