CHAPTER 6: 'Smart Girl' Meets 'Campus Hottie'

It All Started with a BET

~*~*~*Isabella POV*~*~*~

 

I am in the student council office of our department. We just had our meeting. Sam-sunbae was there to inform us about the upcoming centennial year of KHU. Everyone is looking forward to it; everyone is so busy with the preparations.  I looked around at the almost empty room. I saw Krystal talking with Sam-sunbae.

“Bells, see you tomorrow!” Krystal waved at me after she talked with Sam-sunbae

“Arraseo, take care!” I smiled and nodded at her, Krystal smiled and walked out of the room

I resumed with what I was doing until I heard a loud *thud* I saw Sam-sunbae on the floor picking up the scattered papers. I walked towards the scattered papers and picked it up. She looked at my direction and smiled apologetically at me; I smiled back in return telling her that it is okay.

“Thank you Isabella. What would I do if you’re not here?” She thanked me while I was handing  the paper to her.

“No need to worry Sam-sunbae---”

“Don’t call me that, I feel so old, just call me ‘unnie’..” She smiled and puts the papers inside her bag. She rummaged in her bag and produced a chocolate out and offered it to me.

“Here take this. It is my ‘thank you’ for helping me.” she smiled again. I got it and smiled back at her. “Kamsahamnida-unnie” I said and placed it in my bag.

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

We both looked at the door. “I’ll get it.” I said and walked to the door.

My jaws almost dropped on the floor after I opened it.

“Annyeong! Is Sam there?” Eunhyuk said and bowed to me. Kyuhyun is right behind Eunhyuk as usual, his face unreadable but I could see that he’s staring coldly at me, but I don’t care. You can’t blame me if I don’t hate Kyuhyun for staring at me like that, you know the reason why right? So I don’t need to explain, instead it made me more motivated to find out why he is acting like that and it made me wanna help Kyuhyun get out of his ‘cursed’ life and make him a better person. Donghae is beside Kyuhyun, I don’t give a rat’s fart and ignored him.

“Deh, come in” I smiled and opened the door wide for them. They all went in and gave Sam-unnie a hug and kiss.

“Hey Sammie!!” Kyuhyun was the last one to greet her. I saw Kyuhyun’s expression change. There was tenderness and fondness on his face when he hugged Sam-unnie. That was the first time that I saw Kyuhyun’s ‘soft’ side. He’s even more handsome.

“Hey Kyu! Where is Siwon??” Sam asked Kyuhyun and looking for Siwon-sshi.

“He’s probably in the parking lot right now, waiting for us.” Eunhyuk said and got her bag on the desk and placed it on his shoulder. Sam-unnie just nodded and looked at me.

“Hey guys, I want to introduce to you the President of-“ Sam-unnie was cut off by Eunhyuk

“We know her Sam.” Eunhyuk smiled at Sam and looked at me. “You’re Isabella Shim right? Shim Mijyoung is your Korean name?” Eunhyuk smiled at me.

Huh? How did they know me? I am nobody, compared to Rinnah and especially to Angela who is the campus figure. I curiously asked myself, but I don’t care. I blushed hard and nodded at Eunhyuk for my confirmation. I didn’t want to scream like a fan girl seeing her idols in person, but I can’t help myself not to feel happy. Eunhyuk smiled and looked at Donghae who is in the corner, all quiet. “We know her Donghae right?” Eunhyuk said in a teasing way. “Deh, we know her Sam.” Donghae glared at Eunhyuk that is giving him a gummy smile.

 “Oh, really?” She smiled and looks at me. “You know them right?”

“Deh, no need for introductions. Sam-unnie” I blushed after I looked at Eunhyuk, Donghae and most especially to Kyuhyun who is wearing the most bored look on his face but still he’s handsome as ever (stop judging me and saying that I am insane for liking Kyuhyun okay?). Sam-unnie nodded and looked at Donghae with a smile.

“Let’s go now Sam, Siwon’s probably waiting for us in the lot.” Kyuhyun looked at his watch.

“Oh, yeah, Bye Isabella! Thank you for letting us use your conference room for the emergency meeting.” Sam-unnie hugged me.

“Don’t worry unnie, you’re always welcome in here. You should go now, I can take care of this.” I smiled at them.

“You sure about that? Come with us, we’ll send—“

“Gwenchanayo, unnie. My best friend is coming in here.” I lied after I met Kyuhyun’s cold and boring stare at me.

“Okay, give me a ring okay? Bye-bye Isabella.” Sam waved at me went out of the room. Kyuhyun opened the door for her and went out.

“Yah! Let’s go now Lee Donghae.” Eunhyuk smiled and went out of the room. I looked at the corner to where is Donghae. He just looked at me and said ‘bye’ curtly and went out of the room.

 

The Next day……

 

I am in the library to finish my paper work. I closed my book and sighed heavily. I looked at the door to see Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk went in. I sighed and looked secretly at Kyuhyun from a far that is getting some books and scanning it. This is a great opportunity to make a move now, but I still don’t have a plan.

“Hey, did you know that Jaejoong’s dating a girl now?” the girl who is sitting in front of me said in whisper (let’s name her ‘girl number 1’ shall we?) that cut off my thoughts. I looked back at Kyuhyun who is now talking with Eunhyuk. I feel so frustrated now, why I can’t even think of a plan right now? Why is my brain’s not working? I at this, and I hate it. Should I back out? But I don’t want to be a slave, NEVER.

“Deh, I heard that, but did you saw the girl?” informed the girl who is beside girl number 1, (let’s call her ‘girl number 2’ okay?) that broke my internal battle. The conversations of the two girls continued. I looked at Kyuhyuh who is now on the desk of the head librarian. What am I going to do? How could I approach Kyuhyun? I asked myself while formulating an ‘impromptu’ plan in my stupid brain, I silently cursed myself. How come a person like me who is a two time valedictorian can’t think of a better plan in this simple ‘bet’? I sighed heavily and looked at my Chemistry book to continue my homework. How I wished that this is just a simple mathematical equation that can easily be solved.

“Deh, she’s not that pretty you know. She’s ugly.” ‘Girl number 2’ said in disgust. I looked at them(I won’t say how they looked like, but you can think those girls that you see in some Korean drama, you know the ‘extras’). I was a bit annoyed with their voices. I hate any kinds of noise when I am studying, doing something, and thinking (actually thinking of a ‘plan’).

“Jjinjja? But how come that he’s dating her?” ‘Girl number one’ said in annoying way. I turned the page of the book and trying hard to concentrate on (thinking about the bet) my work. But they are too noisy.  I pulled my iPod out of my bag to avoid the noise and to calm me. I was about to put my earphones on when I heard ‘girl number 2’ said something.

“Probably she used love potion to him.” girl number 2 said.

I looked at them. Love potion?.... THAT’S IT!! LOVE POTION!!! Isabella pabo!! How come I didn’t even thought of it? aish!! I silently cursed myself. I really wanted to kiss and hug those two girls for the ‘idea’ that they gave me. I silently thanked them.

“You think so? Well I guess that she used it.” girl number 1 said

“Miss, could you please tone down your voices? As you can see that you’re not just the only one in here. You’re disturbing loads of people. This is a place for reading books not for talking about gossips.” The librarian in her stern voice and continued “If you’re not yet done talking, you can leave this premises and talk somewhere else, the library is not the place for that.” Mrs. Jung interrupted their conversation.

“Deh, Mianhae, Mrs.Jung.” the two girls apologized and walked out of the library as fast as they could. Mrs. Jung smiled at me and walked back to her place. I looked back and saw Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk went out of the library. I looked at my watch. It’s almost 5:30. I closed my book and started to fix my things and went out of the library and smiling to myself.

At last! I have a plan. Thanks to them!!

 

After 2 days……

 

I went back to the library to find a book that my classmate said. I’ve researched what are the formulas for my ‘love potion’, with the help of my mother’s friend who is a ‘shaman’ (my mum and dad doesn’t know about it). I don’t believe in such craps, but for the sake of the ‘bet’ I am willing to do it, even though I hate the idea. I reached the last row of the shelves that was at the end of the library. It’s kinda creepy in here. This part of the library is I would say is the ‘neglected’ part of it. The shelves are mostly decorated by loads of old books that most students don’t even bother to look at or should I say won’t even touch it (like the ‘restricted area’ where Harry Potter went through in the ‘sorcerer’s stone’ film). I was scanning through the books. I saw a tattered old book and I immediately got it, but before I could reach for it a hand took it.

I looked back to that bastard who took that ‘precious’ book away from me. He was standing in front of me, his back is facing me.

“Yah!!” I hissed at him, but bastard didn’t hear me. He was about to walk away but I immediately caught his jersey jacket before he could take a step. But it was really a wrong move. I pulled his jersey jacket a bit ‘hard’.

We collided with each other and so does our foreheads, to make it worse he dropped that thick book on my foot. Curse it!!

“Ouch!!” I whimpered my voice is still quiet.

“Are you okay? Is your foot hurt?” the guy said.

I looked at him and he looked back at me with a concerned look in his eyes while he was massaging his pained head. Well, well, well! Look who the bastard is, none other than Lee Donghae, the ‘Campus Hottie’ of KHU, a girl magnet, the campus heartthrob. He’s taking up Civil Engineering and on his junior year. He was once invited to do a commercial but he turned it down because he wasn’t interested. Do I have to describe to you how ugly he looked like? Wait, don’t rant at me okay? Did I mention to you guys that I hate Lee Donghae? Yes, I hated every single piece of Lee Donghae.  No questions asked.. PERIOD.

Okay I’ll tell you.

I hate his playful attitude, his happy-go-lucky ways and most especially his confidence. We all know that he has the most handsome face that you could look on forever, right? but I wasn’t attracted to him, you know, unlike those girls who are going gaga over him, count me out. I am not crazy like those girls drooling over him. I am still in my right mind people.

“What? You’re just gonna look at my gorgeous feature the whole day? I am sure that if I gave you a quiz today about ‘Lee Donghae’, you’ll ace it. I am asking you if you’re okay.” He smirked ily at me.

I snapped back at my senses when he said that. Why he’s one conceited jerk! Gorgeous feature?! Gorgeous feature his foot! You think that I’ll fall in love with you? tch! Dream on Lee Donghae! Dream on!! I mentally said it to myself.

“Excuse me? I am not like those girls that were captivated by your silly face. I am still in my right senses, and stop acting like you care about what happened to my now injured foot, it doesn’t suit you, it makes me wanna puke.” I answered back at him. He just looked at me and shrugged is shoulders and looked straight in my eyes.

I saw that there is mischief in his eyes, but I am not in the mood to play with this jerk. I need to go home now and make the ‘potion’ before the time runs out. I’ll get my vengeance later. I looked down at the book.

“Give me that book! It’s mine!” I pointed at the book that is in he’s holding. He raised the book and smiled at me. “Really?” he looked at the book and looked back at me. I nodded curtly at him. “Now, give it to me!! You’re wasting my time!! I have loads of work to do!” I tried getting the book out of his hands but to no avail. He had a tight grip and won’t let go. I glared at him. “Give me my book!!” I snarled at him.

“Prove it!” he sneered

“What?” I frowned at him and getting more frustrated

“I said, prove it. Prove to me that you own this book. I didn’t see any names in here. Everyone is entitled to read and borrow any books in here. Everybody owns the book, not just yourself.” he pointed out. I was speechless. He had a point but I really needed that book. I need to start the ‘potion’ as soon as possible. I closed my eyes to calm myself. I looked at him again and meet his eyes. I saw amusement while he’s looking back at me.

“Just give me that damn book and we’re through with this non-sense talk, please?” I begged him

“Why are you so eager to get this book? What is so special with this?” He cocked his head.

“Why should I tell you? It’s none of your business dude; just give me that damn book!” I said. I am angry now. This bastard is making me lose my temper.

“What’s your course?” He asked me

“And…? What’s the connection of my course with that book? Does it concern—“

“Just tell me what’s your course, and I’ll promise you that we’re going to end your so called ‘non-sense talk’, and so that I can prove to you that you don’t need this book.” He smirked ily at me

“Fine! Chemical Engineering. Now, give me that book!” I said

He smiled sweetly at me and raised the book that read….

 

CIVIL ENGINEERING 101

 

ASDKASJDEDSCOJEDNKSANCKJDOQJ!!!! Curse my life!!!!

 

~*~*~*Reader’s POV*~*~*~

 

Donghae looked at Isabella who is walking out of the library. He had a smile on his face. He didn’t really mean to be inside the library. He was heading back home with Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk but he happen to saw Isabella entering the library. He told Kyu and Hyukkie to wait for him and went to the library as fast as he could. He followed her until she stopped at the most unvisited part of the library. He was following her, I mean stalking her until she stopped at the end part of the shelves and scanning through the books.

“This is a lucky day for me, thanks to you book. I’ve seen her again and this time she talked to me.” He said to the book with a smile on his face

Stalking again are we??”A voice said behind Donghae

Donghae turned around at the voice and scowled after seeing Siwon leaning on the shelves, his arms crossed and smiling while shaking his head.

“What the Hell are you doing in here?” Donghae snarled

“When are you gonna stop this and tell her that you---“

“Hold it right there. It’s none of your business Choi Siwon. Let me do my plan in peace. Back off.” Donghae scolwed at Siwon.

“Plan? What plan? Stalking?” Siwon

“Shut it!” Donghae snapped and glared at Siwon

“You called ‘stalking’ a plan? Come on Lee Donghae, that’s all you’ve got?” Siwon again

“I told you to shut the hell up Choi Siwon!” Donghae snarled at him and punched his arm

“Fine! I’ll leave you in peace on putting your ‘stupid’ plan into action. Let’s go now, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and Leeteuk hyung is waiting for us in the parking lot. You are the only ones we are waiting for.” Siwon cocked his head to tell him that they need to go now while he was massaging his arm. Donghae nodded and went out of the library.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N:

 

Hello there my lovelies!!!

Thanks so much for the encouragement that you've given me. I love you all..

I hope that you like Donghae's and Isabella's chapter.. this is my update for today... I am still writing the pending chappies... let's see.. Siwon and Gab, Isabella and Donghae are up...

so the ones left are KyuhyunxRinnah and EunhyukxAngela..

I do really hope that you all like, loved and most especially enjoyed it.. please do leave a comment.. I love reading comments.. teehee.. thanks so much for supporting me and this fic..

watch out for the upcoming chapter!!! stay tuned!! n_n

I'll let you guess who from the two pair i'll put on next

love lots

-lovesj heartheartheart