Caged

Nil

Sulli came to with some urgent, hushed whispers. She opened her eyes and felt pain among her head. She forced her aching body into a sitting position. She blinked, trying to focus her vision. After what seemed like forever, her vision cleared and she saw Jaebum and Junsu.

"Are you alright?" Jaebum asked in a hush whisper. "You've been out for two hours longer than I have."

Junsu wasn't even in a condition to be talking. He was just groaning in pain as he leaned against the cage... The cage?! Sulli gaped at them. All three of them were in a cage but she was separated from them since she was locked up in an additional cage. 

"What happened?" Sulli clutched her head in agony but the moment she asked, the memories flooded back into her. "Ugh... Oh god... The vampire zombie..." She whispered. "What was he...?" She groaned.

"We were kidnapped, in a way of saying while we were running. You fell unconscious after you were hit. I had to leave Junsu behind... Because..." Jaebum glanced at Junsu, who was still groaning in pain. He was already patched up, using pieces of Jaebum and Junsu's jackets, but the blood was seeping through. 

"We have to get him to a hospital." Sulli whispered, putting her slim hand through the bars of her own prison and tried to reach out to Junsu.

"I know." Jaebum nodded. "But there's no way we can leave." He gestured to the large window which Sulli didn't notice earlier. She looked around now first, finally noticing that they were in some kind of office. "We're on the twentieth floor." He informed her. "There's no way we can get out. And we don't have any weapons at all. We left most of them in the van."

"How did we get up here?" Sulli asked. "I don't remember much."

"The vampire..." Junsu gagged out. "He carried all of us up here." He choked and winced in pain.

"Oppa, don't talk!" Sulli got worried. "The others... How are they going to survive?" She hung her head. "We should have been more attentive..."

Jaebum shook his head. "It's not your fault, Sulli. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine." He said. "I was supposed to be ensuring no zombies were in our radar system but I went to scan on the zombie instead. It's my fault." He said.

"But..." Sulli began.

"It's my fault. I'm sorry." Jaebum cut her off. He looked so beaten up that Sulli didn't want to stress or say anything else anymore. 

Sulli grabbed Jaebum's hand. "Don't worry, oppa. We'll be fine. We'll get Junsu-oppa to a hospital and then we'll all go home, okay?" She whispered.

"How? We're defenseless." Jaebum mumbled.

"You're defenseless. I'm not." Sulli smirked, an evil glint in her eyes. "I kept a few weapons on me in case something happened." She felt through her pants and took out two guns. She handed one to Jaebum, who felt it's weight and nodded. 

"You're good." He smiled at her. "I don't feel so vulnerable anymore. It's a revolver, right?" He asked.

"It's actually yours." Sulli sheepishly smiled. "I got an extra made because I liked it." 

A crash from outside made the two alert. There were shouting and then they heard Taecyeon's loud voice. "WHO ARE YOU?" 

"Taecyeon..." Jaebum's eyes widened. "He's here! We've got to go help them!" He struggled with the cage.

"Oppa!" Sulli looked equally helpless, being in a second cage. "How are we going to get out of the cage in the first place? Don't forget Junsu-oppa is injured... Even though I really want to help the others... We can't leave Junsu-oppa unattended here."

Jaebum breathed in with difficulty and finally calmed himself. "Alright, I got it. We'll stay here. They're probably fighting with the vampire zombie now." He said. "Junsu, you can hear me, right? Try to keep conscious, man. We'll be here. Don't die." He whispered.

Junsu looked up weakly at Jaebum then at Sulli. He struggled and finally managed to form a word using his mouth and although there was no sound, Jaebum and Sulli understood what he was trying to say. 'Thanks.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------