Something's... Not Right

Nil

The group of eight coordinated with each other, confusing the zombie, but it eventually headed for Luna, who was sized the smallest in the entire group. It soon brought it's vulnerable arms up, of which everyone took advantage of, shooting it non stop. It dropped the humongous axe that it held, momentarily confused and in pain, but picked up the axe again and tried to swing it now. It wasn't properly orientated as it once again swung the axe up and was about to bring it down when a rain of bullets showered its' arms.

The zombie fell to the ground, flat out dead, the green blood gushing out from its' wounds. (Yeah, zombies. Green bloods. Typical.)

After ensuring that the zombie wouldn't rise again, the eight went up the grand staircases, only to empty hallways. They travelled together, unwilling to leave each other alone. They searched for more ways up but other than the endless amounts of corridors and offices, there didn't seem to be any other way higher. 

"There's got to be a way up somewhere..." Taecyeon frowned. "Junsu, Jaebum, Sulli; do you have any clue on where we should go?" He asked.

There was no reply. "Sulli, can you hear me?" Luna asked tersely. 

"I can hear you." Wooyoung said. "But I don't hear them... Something must have happened to them but..." He frowned. "Why would our equipment still be working?" He asked.

"I think..." Krystal ducked into one of the offices they had combed through earlier and the rest followed, on the alert, having sensed that something wasn't right. She ran straight for the glass window and looked down. "Do you see their van anywhere?" She asked.

Now, four of eight of them were searching and combing the surrounding area for the van filled with technological equipment. 

"Zilch." Wooyoung shook his head. "I don't see anything."

"Over there." Luna pointed. "I see it but... It looks like it's been abandoned..." She said. "And... attacked... but our equipment..."

"Seems like no damage was done to the intercom system but... Why didn't we here them scream or anything?" Taecyeon frowned as he jostled his machine gun.

"Do you think it caught them by surprise and destroyed their earpieces?" Junho asked.

"Something's wrong." Krystal shook her head. "I can just feel it. Something is wrong but I just don't know what." She said, sounding pretty upset with herself.

"What's going to happen to Sulli? We can't afford to lose her again." Victoria whispered, her words hollow.

"Hopefully... They're safe." Taecyeon tried to sound brave but the feeling of losing Sulli was just too much for the other girls.

The five girls had practically grown up together, living in the same area, playing with each other, going to the same school, attending the same clubs, moving up to college then even entering the same company; all five of the girls. They had bonded so deeply that they didn't really care for other people and didn't have much friends. 

Sulli had been kidnapped when she was in high school with Krystal and the rest in college. While Krystal was fast on her feet and strong with kicks, even back then, Sulli wasn't and the suited men had caught her while Krystal ran off, evading them expertly and even landing one of them in a puddle of water with a kick. Krystal, the younger one, had only run off because Sulli had shouted for her too.

Getting by without Sulli for months was unbearable but she was finally rescued by the CIA, of which all five of them decided to repay them by joining the CIA as well. Who knew that joining the CIA included zombie extermination? That, for sure, none of the girls did.

"Something's wrong around here too." Amber muttered. "It's too quiet unlike before. There's not even a single speck of a body or carcass around." Amber informed them. "What's going on? What's Rain planning?"

As if to answer her, there was a scream from somewhere higher up. All eight broke ranks and raced towards the source of the scream, that of Sulli's. Everyone recognized her tone of voice almost instantly. The scream led them to a new stairwell, which they had overlooked earlier in their search, but the scream had died off, as if cut off abruptly when they reached the stairs. It was like a clue.

"This is not right." Wooyoung whispered, fearing what would come.

"Something's not right." Taecyeon muttered.

"Everything's wrong!" Krystal cried out, a little louder than she wanted it to be but a sob forced its way out of but she managed to clamp down despite her eyes getting moist.

With the worst thoughts and dread, the group of eight began to climb the stairs, leading themselves up to the fifth floor of the building of twenty-four floors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Running out of ideas...        ._. Gotta go play some gory zombie video games again. Either that or watch zombie shows.