Wrecked Part 2

Tú Madre


 

“Oh my gosh! I remember him! He’s the kid that would pick his nose with no shame! Boogerum! Ah, he was such a sweet kid.”

 

“Don’t call him that! He’s a changed man now–”

 

“–who understands how to pick his nose in private. Joohyun, he was 16, for God’s sake!”

 

“Would you stop!? Anyways, I bumped into him the other day and we had little time to catch up. That’s when he asked if we could meet up and fully talk–”

 

“And that’s when you suggested dinner at your house because you can’t afford to be seen in public with him. Not to mention that you have four young crazy daughters who you need to take care of. So what are you planning to cook that day?”


"That’s the thing, I have no idea what to cook for dinner tomorrow.”

 

“Ooh! How bout that really tasty shrimp pasta you made that one time!”

 

“That wasn’t me, Tiff.… That was my mom…”

 

“I KNEW IT! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO TRULY BELIEVE YOU CAN PULL SUCH AN EDIBLE DISH OVERNIGHT!”

 

“Aw man. Who was I kidding? Joy was right, I do at cooking–hold on Tiff."

Irene covered the end of the telephone, trying  to block the loud sounds coming from Tiffany's mouth, searching for something. It was quiet. Too quiet for her liking. Something's up, and she will get to the bottom of this.

"Tiff, I'm going to call you later."

 

She hung up the phone and made her way to up the carpeted stairs. Living in a house with four wacky daughters, left no time for silence, even for sleep! Seulgi gets nasal inflammations occasionally, so the snores are unBEARable…(I am not sorry for that)

 

A quiet house in this family meant one thing, and one thing only, war. Luckily, Irene is known to live up to her name, for she’s the one who always (and has too, she is the mom) puts an end to the fight. Although sometimes she’s a little too late when preventing some external damage. Other than that, she does a decent job.

 

As she reached to the top, she heard faint noises coming from Seulgi & Wendy’s room. The closer she got, the louder the voices. Once she made it to the door, she leaned close to it, with her right ear out.

 

“When can I make one?” whined the youngest.

 

“Just wait a bit more, Yeri. Soon enough, you’ll get your turn.” the oldest gently responded.

 

“Okay.” Yeri said cheerfully.

 

“Make his eyes bigger.” Joy demanded.

 

A few seconds of elevator lounge music later, a fit of giggles came from behind the closed door. Then a preppy voice shouted, “Put the mole! Put the mole!” A couple of clicks can be heard and an even louder burst of giggles came. “That looks like the ajussi that always eats hard boiled eggs in front of the deli!”

 

“Ah,” Irene finally figured it out. “they’re making a Mii.” As she walked, she smiled to herself, grateful for her girls playing in peace and quiet. But little did she know, behind the door, there were was only one small girl to be found with a tape deck playing one of their old recorded conversations.

 

Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•

 

“Oh my gosh! I just made eye contact with one of mom’s ajumma friends from the laundromat! What if she tells mom!? Then the whole plan is ruined and we’re gonna get grounded! Oh man, I hate it when she gives us that look of disappointment all over her beautiful face.”

 

“Would you relax, Wendy? Mom isn’t gonna find out about anything...yet” Seulgi nonchalantly says as she places a can of regular flavored Pringles into their basket along with the can of oatmeal, clear nail polish, paper plates, and oreos.

 

“Exactly.Yet.

 

Wendy was never good at this. Deceiving their mother right under her nose. Out of the four, she was considered the goodie two shoes and probably the most “sanest” of them all… So whenever they do risky things like sneaking into a R rated movie, taking a few quarters from their mom’s coin purse, or lying about studying over a friend’s house; guilt always gets the best of her. The other girls never force Wendy to go with them on their little expeditions, in fact, none of them ever ask in the first place. Wendy would always volunteer herself to go, with the same excuse every time. “Someone has to supervise you three, and that will surely not be Seulgi.”

 

“I found the shaving cream, but I don't know which one is better.” Joy came back holding up two different branded shaving creams.

 

“Let me see.” Wendy takes the one can at a time, as she checks the grocery paper to see which one was on sale. “This one.” She said, with the blue can in her hand. Joy placed back the other shaving cream on a random shelf and they made their way to the checkout aisle. As they were about approach checkout line, they saw a familiar face.

 

“Yo! Check it out, guys. It’s Sunny unnie!” Joy points to the short teenaged girl behind the counter as she nudges Seulgi at the same time.

 

“Crap. We’re totally not gonna get that discount now.” Seulgi groans, feeling her birthday money fly out of her pocket. Wendy on the other hand was freaking out. Not only did she have a slight adoration over the older girl, but she was also known as their occasional babysitter.

 

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I knew i should have stayed back with Yeri! We’re totally busted now!”

 

“Not if you use your smooth talk on her like how you usually do–”

 

“When have I ever smoothed talked Sunny–”

 

“Just go and distract her with your cheesy comments so I can still have some spare savings for future needs! Gosh Wendy! This is to protect mom from terrible potential lovers!”

 

“Yeah, take one for the team Wendy.”

 

“FINE! But ONLY if you and Joy wait outside the store until I come out!”

 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Here's the twenty, but you better come out with some spare change!”

 

“JUST GO BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!”

 

Seulgi breaths out a “thank you” after her little outburst as Wendy picks up a toy car and stomps her way to the checkout counter to a bored looking Sunny who was now reading some magazine as she mumbles incoherent words under her breath.

 

“Do you think it’ll work?” Joy asks as they exit out the store. Seulgi shrugs.

 

“The minimum Sunny will do is blackmail and rat us out to mom, but we won’t know until we try. What can go wrong?”

 

Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•

 

“You know what you should do, you should have Wendy cook the dinner for you. Afterwards, you take all the credit! Easy as that.”

 

“What? Tiffany–no, just, no. That's a horrible idea! I can't make my ten year old kid cook an entire meal for six people!” Irene quietly yells through the phone.

 

“But you can ask for her assistance in the kitchen. Especially since the kid loves to cook.”

 

Irene stopped filing her nails and took some time to think. Tiffany wasn't wrong. Asking for assistance wasn't forcing child labor or anything. It was simply asking for help. Yeah, help. Help from your kid who practically belongs in master chef and can make Gordon Ramsey cry tears of joy after one bite of their cooking.

 

“You're not...wrong…”

 

“Of course I'm not wrong, I’m always right! Oh! Maybe you can even ask the other girls to help out too! The more the merrier, right?”

 

“NO! I JUST NEED WENDY!”

 

“How bad...was it?...”

 

“One of them thought putting red bean paste in a smoothing was pure genius. She didn't even PEEL the fruits! Then the other two kept chanting “SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!” like that stupid T-Pain song, right beside me for every cup the maker poured me!”

 

The sound Irene heard after was the ugliest laughter she has ever heard her entire life along with some heavy wheezing.

 

Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•

 

Being a cashier at a dollar store was never an ideal job for anybody at the age of sixteen. Scratch that, no one wants to work at a dollar store. It was a boring job that felt as though one was watching paint dry. Except for today that is when Sunny’s daydreaming comes to an end when she hears a sudden loud voiced siren and sees a small cop car slide back and forth against the counter.

 

“WHEE WHOO~WHEE WHOO~ ma’am, you are under arrest for some serious crime!”

 

“And what may that crime be, officer?”

 

Sunny leans forward on her stool to see a crouched Wendy whee whooing quietly as she takes notice of Sunny’s stare and tilted head. The so-called officer rises up to her actual height (like it made any difference) and cleared .

 

“Uh-uh. I believe you have stolen my heart yet again madam.” Wendy never felt so ashamed and embarrassment in her entire ten years of living until today. Sunny always had a bored stare that intimidated most people her age, but Wendy never saw Sunny as some grumpy short girl who's filled with hatred towards society. Not until this moment where she slowly started to feel like she was Mike Wisozki and Sunny was that grumpy slug like Monster Roz (who oldly enough reminds her of one her great aunts). This was the first time Wendy has ever felt pure shame and regret, but little does she know that it only gets worse as she grows older. This is just the beginning.

 

Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•

 

After what felt like forever, a short chipmunk like girl came out skipping with a plastic bag in hand, swinging back in forth and a wide grin on her face.

 

“Here you go~” she said in a sing-song voice as she slipped the spare change and receipt in her sister’s shirt pocket. Seulgi took out the money, teared up and kissed the receipt as a thank you for Wendy’s contribute to the team. Joy looked at them both and gave them each a dirty look.

 

“Is this what happens when you reach your double digits or something? Why are they so–forget it. LOOK, I’M CROSSING THE STREET WHILE THE TRAFFIC LIGHT IS STILL GREEN! MOM'S TOTALLY GROUND YOU GUYS FOR ETERNITY–”

 

And that seem to catch both of their attentions causing them to run to the younger which led them to dropping their newly bought groceries on the pavement.

 

“Wow...that really does look like vomit….” The youngest said nonchalantly as her and Wendy stare at the spilled oatmeal pitfully. Seulgi on the other hand whimpered at the thought of having to spend her spare change for a stupid gross bag of oatmeal.

Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•

“Quick question, did you ever like booger boy?”

 

“Stop calling him that!”

 

“Alright, alright! I’m sorry, I can't forget that time he was talking to us and the booger that was hanging from his nose fell into his mouth and HE ATE IT! WHO DOES THAT?!? WHO??”

 

“Yeah, that was kinda gross, I will admit that… Do you think we should have confronted him about it?”

 

“NO! He was a goddamn sixteent to seventeen year old kid who had high grades and a perfect attendance. HE SHOULD KNOW BY THEN THAT EATING YOUR BOOGERS SHOULD BE LEFT IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR HOME!”

 

“But you were no better. Shall I recall bByxinnOceNz?”

 

“HOW DARE YOU–”

 

Just when Tiffany began to transform into her old alter alias, stephOlicious, Irene heard a loud thud ruckus from behind the island counter. Most people have the instinct to flight when it comes to dangerous situations, but not Irene. Nope, she just like a grizzly mama bear, she will protect her babies at all costs. So the first thing she grabs isn't as killer like a knife or a pan, but a wooden spoon.

 

It was times like these that proved Irene's quietness really paid off cause she was ready to beat this intruder with all her might.

 

“My babies.” She whispers before she s her eyes and slams (taps) the wooden spoon the the intruder’s back. From the soft “ow”, she can tell she had a critical hit on her target which encouraged her to do more.

 

“TAKE THAT, AND THAT! AND SOME OF THIS! YOU MEAN OLD BAFOON! TRYING TO TOUCH MY BABIES, NOT ON MY WATCH! ACTUALLY I DON’T HAVE A WATCH, BUT DON’T DO THE CRIME IF YOU AIN’T GOT THE TIME–”

 

After Irene’s short round of wack-a-mole, she let out a huge huff and opened her eyes in horror as she turns the person’s body after her brutal (light slap) attack of her killer spoon. The words she hears next brought her utter guilt and shame as a mother.

 

“Mother...why have you forsaken me?”

 

She caresses her hurt baby as she fights back her tears.

 

“My child, forgive me.”

 

And in that stilled silence, Irene hold Seulgi like Saint Peter's Basilica, Pieta as the eerie chorus is faintly played from upstairs.

 

“Careless, careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous. Heartless, mindless. Nobody care about me~”



 

 


 

 

Hello friends! I have finally updated with a boring chapter and it could have been presented better and not postponed for about year. I do apologize.

 

Anyways, new game plan! So remembered how I said these following chapters would be about Joy, well nope. I've decided to go with my instincts and save that for that chapter that I REALLY wanted to show you guys because it’s really coolio and great and its always been on my mind. I made the mistake of doing the Bogum adventures first. It will progress better after the next chapter, I promise. Thank you for being so patient and for the comments, those are real great to read and I appreciate every single one ( I see many of you like Joy). Thanks a lot, and hopeful you will see me next week or a month or half a year ha ha ha~

 

Speaking, this little photo of her was what inspired me to portray her this way for the story

mafia.jpg

JUST LOOK HOW MOB-LIKE SHE IS!!

 

P.S. It was Seulgi.