MAMA

Tú Madre

“Dammit!”

Earlier in the morning, Irene was feeling a bit of morning sickness which meant one thing and one thing only. To make sure of it, she went to the pharmacy to buy a Clear Blue box. the result… well.. there was something positive no doubt about it.

“Here we go again.”

Irene never forgets the day when she broke the news to her three daughters about her being pregnant again. Seulgi turned pale and was dazed for days as she continuously kept bumping into furniture mumbling “another one” over and over again. Wendy was excited this meant another friend and Wendy loves babies for some odd reason. Joy on the other hand...

“I know. I saw.”

“W-wha”

Before Irene could even ask, the three year old had already left her stool and went back to watching television.

“Should I be...concerned?” Irene asks herself. She turns to her other two daughters only to witness Wendy shaking the almost dead Seulgi back and forth as she animatedly talks about the excitement of another baby sister.

“Nah.”

-

At first Irene enjoyed receiving the extra attention and care not only from people at work but also from her own kids. It was sweet seeing Seulgi running ahead of her to open the doors and hold them for Irene to pass through. Or having Wendy clean her section of her and her husband’s room. Her husband would ask why she didn’t clean his part of the room and Wendy replies with “Are you the one carrying a human being in your stomach for nine months?”. That usually shut him up. But Joy, it was...odd…

-

Irene was 7 months into the pregnancy and she was hogging the couch, watching television while Seulgi was sitting on the floor.

“Seulgi bear, could you get me an apple juice carton from the fridge please?” She asks as she took a bite of the Big Mac her husband got her before he left for work. Seulgi whines a little but gets up anyways, Irene gives her a cheeky smile and a thanks. After Seulgi left to the kitchen, Irene went back to munching on her burger and continued watching reruns of The Bachelor. Until a small figure blocker aka Joy, blocked her view.

“Joy, honey, you’re gonna have to move. I need to know who is going to receive a rose.”

Toddler shifted to right a little but continued to stare at Irene’s belly once again. This had been going on ever since she broke the news about her pregnancy and that’s all Joy has been doing. When Irene woke up from her daily naps, the first thing she sees is Joy staring at her belly. At first it made her feel self conscious but then she remembered that majority of her kids are weird as hell so this one is no exception. After a while, it became cute. Joy would lay her warm hand on her belly, and press her ear against. Sometimes she would whisper words to her belly but Irene had no idea what it was but she was pretty sure it was cute lovely things. In reality, Joy was whispering some pretty weird stuff.

“Soon my friend. You will be taken under my wing and serve me. Just wait.”

Of course Irene ignored it and pretend it was sweet nothings.

Today was different though. Joy pulled out Seulgi’s yellow headphones and placed them on her belly. Irene continued to watch Joy as she plugged the headsets to their CD player.

“Uhm Joy...What are you-”

“Shh. I heard music is good for the fetus development. Rumor has it, it makes the baby smarter.”

“Oh...O-kay…”

Joy lays her palm on top of the area of Irene’s belly button. She closes her eyes as she presses play on the CD player. She muted the TV causing the whole room to be silent. She waited for the song to begin but when it began, it started to feel eerie.

Careless, careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous.

Heartless, mindless. No one. who care about me?

 

By now Joy was doing some weird ritual dance. Irene decided it was best to ignore her kid and to continue watching The Bachelor.

 

“What the-” Seulgi gave Joy the most dirtiest look as she gave her mother the carton of apple juice.  Irene said her thank you as Seulgi walked back to her spot on the floor, her eyes never leaving Joy.

 

“THE BROWNIES ARE DONE!!” Wendy exclaims as she walks in the living room with a plate of brownies. She offered everyone a piece and they all took one. Except Joy. She refused mumbling “The ceremony. I can’t.”. So Wendy simply ignored them and they all continued watching The Bachelor with their mother Irene.

 




 

I know this isn’t the best one but I needed a little unnf before Yeri and Joy’s chapter. Trust me when I say this but Joy’s part is gonna be pretty epic. But Yeri’s chapter is coming first before Joy’s cause I dont know. Ugh it’s hard to explain cause Yeri and Joy’s relationship is an important aspect to Yeri’s life/chapter. BUT NOT FOR JOY. SO JUST. UGH. I GOT YOU FOLKS. This is like Yeri’s pre debut chapter(?). This sounds stupid, Imma stop now. See you later friends.

 

P.S. I didn’t bother checking mistakes cause this scenario has been stuck in my head for a while now so… yeah.


P.P.S don't do this when your pregnant. Its not good for the baby. Just an FYI