Happy Mothers' Day

Tú Madre

Irene knew this would for this was daily like think. And Mother’s Day was no exception of this to begin with. In fact, it was perhaps the perfect day for a fight between siblings to happen. The first few years was easy because it was just two of them, but after the third one came along, she gave up. Now there's four.

 

Every May, Irene became anxious because of this day. You see, her daughters are passionate kids. One is very passionate about music, the other is passionate about drawing. Then there's the child who insists eating dinner simply because it isn't chicken and teasing the hell out of all her siblings. But one thing they are all passionate about is their love for their mother, Irene,

 

It was peaceful morning. The sun was shining. The birds were chirping. It was nice and quiet. It was a though Irene had no kids at all! She snuggled her blanket closer to her and smiled in content for this wonderful morning. Until she heard her door creak open, She took a deep breath, knowing who it was. Just like every other year.

 

"Mom."

 

"..."

 

Mom!"

 

"..."

 

"Mmmoooom!"

 

"..."

 

The footsteps came closer to her bed. She felt the end of her bed sink down a little. The child decided to call her one more time to check if she was awake yet.

 

"Mom."

 

Then she felt the intruder jump off the bed and began tickling her feet. Feet tickling, Irene's weakness, She tried her hardest to stifle her giggles but it didn't work and the intruder wouldn't stop.

 

"Okay. You got me Seulgi. Now stop." She said with giggles in between. The child giggled and gave a cheeky smile. Irene sat up and examined her daughter standing beside her bed. Her hands were behind her back,attempting to hide the big stuffed bear that was bigger than Seulgi herself. She smiles to herself, and decides to play along with Seulgi's surprise for her.

 

"Good morning mom!"

 

"Good morning pooh bear."

 

"Guess what today is!"

 

"Uh...Sunday?"

 

Seulgi shakes her head, her smile never leaving.

 

"It's Mother's Day!"

 

"That's today?! No way!"

 

"I'm not kidding mom! Guess what I got you."

 

"Your everlasting love for me?"

 

"Yes! And no! It's this!"

 

She pulls out the big white fuzzy bear with a 'I Love Mom" heart tattoo on its arm. Irene takes it with a wide motherly smile and hugs it. Then she glances at Seulgi’s arm to see some dirty on it.

 

“Seulgi bear, you have something on your arm. What is that?”

 

“Oh it’s the same tattoo as the bear! It came a long with it so I put it on too. Isn’t It cool?

 

“Sure is kid.”

 

Irene gave a crooked smile as her 11 year old daughter climbed up the bed to give her a tight hug. She kissed the crown of Seulgi head and patted her back. The sweet moment was ruined when the door was kicked open and panting stubby little girl with a tray of food on her platter barged into the room. Irene pulls away from Seulgi and watched the second eldest set down the tray on her night stand. Seulgi rolls her eyes as she sees the delicious breakfast made for her mother by her enemy as of today.

 

"HAPPY *wheeze* MOTHER'S *WHEEZE*—wHY do wE hAvE SO MANY STAIRS??—*WHEEZE* DAY MOM!!"

 

" Aw, thank you Wendy. Is this food for me?"

 

Wendy, with her hand on her knees as she tries to compose herself, nods her head up and down and murmurs a "yes". Seulgi climbs of the bed and pats the others back, hard causing Wendy to whine.

 

"Way to go dingus. You ruined my moment with mom."

 

"Well *huff* I guess *huff* I did my job right. *puff*."

 

They glared at each other, completely ignore Irene as she ate her breakfast with a smile on her face. Until she heard two younger girls bickering in the next room.

 

"But I wanna go first! Why do I always go last!"

 

"Cause you're the youngest and I'm older!"

 

"No fair! You're only older by..."

 

The younger pauses and counts her fingers slowly cause she's still in kindergarten and is just learning how to add. Barely. The ten year old and the eleven year old end their glaring contest and put their attention to the commotion that's happening in the other room. Irene continues eating her chocolate pancakes and tries offering her daughters some but they only decline. It's Mother’s Day after all. That and Seulgi wants nothing to do with Wendy today.

 

"This is why I SHOULD GO before you.  Move out the way you fart."

 

Soon enough Joy was in the room with a bright smile on her face and past by the other two siblings only focusing on her mother.

 

"Happy mother's day mother. I hope you enjoy this gift card to Baskin Robbins along with these coupons I cut out from the grocery papers. And this bath and body works goodie bag that has all your favorite lotions."

 

The older two siblings' were flabbergasted by the seven year old's gift. How are they suppose to compete with that??

 

"WOAH! Thank you Joy, I love it! How did you manage to get this?"

 

"Oh, I just saved some of my Christmas as well as some birthday money and bought the things that would be essential for you. And that lasts a long amount of time and use."

 

Joy smirks at the reaction of the other two with their jaws dropping to the ground in shame for their gifts . As Irene tried to find the price of the goodie bag, she found a little card on it. She read with anticipation.

 

'Maybe Joy wrote something nice this year.'

 

'Dear Mommy,

                    Thanks for being our mom even though I really do wish you would cook chicken much more frequently or just cook better in general. Sometimes I think Wendy's the mom cause she cooks ten times better than you. Yesterday I saw a rock and it reminded me of you. (If you're wonder where it is, it's under you pillow). I think you need a new boyfriend too after breaking up with daddy cause lady, you're getting old. Go "mingle" as auntie Tiffany would say. Please stop making those horrendous cookies for the bake sale at school. Remember when my friend Zelo bought a bunch of your cookies that one time. Yeah, well he puked his brains out later that day and it wasn't from the booger I caught him eating that caused it. Anyways, I love you so much mom even though you have flaws. Happy Mothers' Day!!

                                 Love, Your Favorite Daughter, Joy.

                               To Crazy Cleaning Lady.’

 

"So that's why neck has been hurting for the past days." She sighs as she sets down the card and sips her coffee. Just when it couldn't get any worse, she say two little pigtails pop out in front of her bed frame.

 

"Can I give my gift to mommy now?"

 

The other two tried to figure out where that sound was coming from while Joy just rolled her eyes and tapped her feet. She was losing her patience with the youngest who was taking her sweet time in climbing up the bed but failing every time. The eldest saw her struggle so she walked over to the youngest who displayed her puppy dog eyes and cute pout. Seulgi lifted her up with ease causing Yeri to smile and cheer a thanks as she was plopped onto the bed.

 

"Happy birthday mommy!-"

 

"Mother's Day!" they all corrected her, but she didn't care. Once she tackled Irene with a bear hug, she could care less about her mistake.

 

"Thank you sweetie. Oh. What have you got here?"

 

Yeri was holding a poorly wrapped box and handed it to her mother. Irene ripped the wrapping carefully knowing Yeri took her time and effort to did this for she was there when she showed her how to wrap a gift. As well as being there when she packed the gift into the box. She opened and pretended to be surprised to see it was the cat statue they have in the house that Yeri  has been giving her for the past three years every Mother’s Day.

 

"Oh wow! It's a cat statue! My favorite! How did you know I wanted this Yeri?"

 

She giggles feeling proud of herself for surprising her mother and making her happy once again. The other three desperately wanted to burst out laughing, only to be glared at by Irene as she hugged Yeri a second time. She mouthed the words 'be quiet' as they quiver in fear of an angry Irene. She breaks the hug with Yeri and puts her next to her other sisters. She was about to thank all four of them for the lovely gifts until she heard Yeri say something that she knew would cause a fight.

 

"Oh and some of that money Joy bought for those gifts was my Christmas money too."

 

The other siblings gasp. Joy was infuriated. First Yeri argues with her earlier, takes her sweet time to present her gift to mom and now she wants to take her credit?

 

"For the ten years I've been in this industry, there was only once that I felt insulted. That was yesterday."

 

Joy continues with "Who are you all to judge me? We're not a team. This is a competition."

 

Seulgi tries to calm Joy down only to be pushed by her. She bites her lip down from preventing herself to cry. She can't help being a sensitive eleven year old.

 

"Knock it off Joy. We all know you stole that from Unpretty Rapstar when Jessi starts dissing everyone after she lost the challenge."

 

Now it was Irene's turn to gasp.

 

"You were watching UNPRETTY RAPSTAR?!?"

 

"See WHAT YOU DID WENDY! NOW MOM KNOWS WE ALL WATCH UNPRETTY RAPSTAR!"

 

"YOU ALL WATCHED IT?"

 

Seulgi couldn't take it anymore and bursted out into tears as she confessed all her sins from watching Unpretty Rapstar to confessing how she bought the bear because she wanted the cool tattoo to the time she lied about staying after school for a project when in reality she had detention for sleeping in class again. Then Wendy and Joy managed to roll on the floor, fighting with each other and shaking each other by the collar. Then Seulgi attempted to break the fight as her snot dripped down from her red nose but Yeri was on the floor grabbing onto her leg to stop her. It was a complete mess and all Irene could do was give a motherly smile.


"I love you guys so much."

 

 

 

 

 


This is my first time writing so I'm pretty rusty. But yeah. Hoped you guys enjoy it.