One.

All Around the Bowl [ DISCONTINUED ]

The city of Shanghai was busy like any other day. Children playing tag in the parks as their mothers watch from afar, business deals happening to small corporations and even weddings uniting a couples love goes on.

But as time continues to move forward, Kyungsoo wished it would move backward. “What do you mean you are leaving tomorrow?” He asked the tall male in front of him, blonde hair pushed back by the of his fingertip and exhaled a heavy sigh. Being dragged away from his desk, Yifan didn’t see why Kyungsoo was getting all defensive over a business trip he had to go on.

“I told you two weeks ago that I had to leave for Seoul to deliver the ad samples and I need to stay in case the company wants changes since it was my design.” Yifan tried to explain calmly but he knew nothing would filter through the thick mind of his boyfriend.

“But I thought you said someone was going to go in your place?” An eyebrow arched slightly waiting for an answer.

“Well they requested me and you know I can’t turn down the orders of the boss.”

The frustration Kyungsoo had calmed down after his words. There was silence in the storage closet Kyungsoo dragged them into, his red tinted hair sticking up from on his neck from the silence becoming awkward until he spoke quietly, “You don’t remember, do you?”

Yifan looked and felt puzzled by the sudden question, confused as to why he asked something so random, “Remember what?”

Kyungsoo let out a shaky breath before standing on his tip toes and planting a chaste kiss on the corner of Yifan’s mouth, “Nevermind. I know you have to go get back to your floor, text me tonight?”

“Of course.” With a kiss to return the favor, Yifan left the storage to prepare for his flight early tomorrow morning leaving Kyungsoo to hold back the tears he been wanting to shed, “Guess I should go eat something.” After a few more minutes in the storage room to collect himself, Kyungsoo left early with a wave and a holler to his co-worker Amber to send him her finished files.

The air outside the office building was chilly but the sun was out and the people were still as lively as ever. It was only a few blocks of walking before Kyungsoo came up to his favorite ramen shop, the smell of hot broth and meat made his mouth water and he wasn’t even inside yet. He hurried his steps and was thankful that no one was there when he moved the red mid-length curtains that read “Blossom Ramen” in Japanese and Chinese. He saw one of the waiters who is often here when he visits, going over to the back table when he was cleaning.

“Hey Mark!” Kyungsoo says with a bright smile and a small hug to the other before taking a seat.

“Long time no see Kyungsoo! You haven’t come to see me in over a week.” The pout on his lips almost made Kyungsoo cave in but just rolled his eyes while he took off his leather jacket.

“It’s called I have a boss who drives me insane.” Both laughed and conversed for a few more minutes before Mark took his order of the usual Miso Chicken Ramen and headed to the chicken. Kyungsoo looked at his phone and noticed it was only five in the evening and was wondering why there weren’t more people in here like usual around this time, looking around the space filled with empty chairs and tables.

He noticed the owner, Mr. Huang coming towards him with a bowl that steamed at the top and the aroma of the chicken broth becoming stronger as it was set before him, “I have not seen you in a great while Mr.Huang.” Kyungsoo said as the older took a seat beside him, shoulders relaxing into place.

“Same goes for you. And stop calling me that I’m only three years older than you!” He stuck out his tongue in rebellion and Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes, grabbing for the chopsticks slowly began to dig in. “Okay, Zitao.”

After a quick bite Kyungsoo looked back at the man and noticed a solemn expression on his face, “How is Qian? I miss her.”

Zitao sighed, thinking about the rough morning he had and debating whether it was news to share with a friend, “She is okay. If you were here a week ago you could have seen me as a zombie. Remember Mark?” “I remember boss!” Kyungsoo’s eyes grew wide after he spoke but only nodded as he went back to his ramen not wanting to go deeper into the subject.

It was a comfortable silence this time between the two with now Zitao asking the questions of curiousity he has been dying to know for the sake of Qian. “She wanted to know what you’re going to do for your birthday. Yifan gonna take you out or something?”

“Actually uhh, I’m not doing anything for my birthday… Yifan has a business trip and he is going to be gone for a week.” The air was silent among them minus the faint curses of Mark probably had burned himself again whiling manning the stoves. “I confronted him about the trip but he seemed eager to go… H-He didn’t even remember that my birthday is in three days.” He continued, now slurping the broth to warm his dry throat.

“Why don’t you come here for your birthday then? Since that clearly doesn’t care we’ll make sure it’s memorable, right Mark?” “ yeah!” They both yelled at each other and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but laugh at their strange bond, “And besides, Qian has a present for you so you better come!”

The look he was given was serious but also playful that had him smiling from ear to ear. Even though Yifan did not care Kyungsoo was happy enough that there were those who did, “Sounds like fun.”