Chapter Two

I Won't Say I'm In Love

Sehun should really get better henchmen.

He realized this when the inseperable Minseok and Jongdae returned to the Underworld, jumping in joy and laughing. Really? It's rather insulting to the Underworld, realm of the dead and all, for some people to actually be happy. Sehun rolled his eyes at the sight of the two, an abnormaly wide grin plastered on both their faces. 

"Please tell me," Sehun drawled, "those stupid looks on your faces mean that you did the job well?"

"OH, definitely!!" Minseok said excitedly, still smiling.

Jongdae looked like he spoke through his teeth, smile in place and all, "that little baby is deaaaaad. Drank that bottle of poison like woooooooop."

Sehun eyed the two suspiciously, "I didn't feel his death, though."

Their faces paled- but the smiles still remained. Minseok began to laugh, and it sounded really awkward, but it sounded worse when Jongdae joined in. He forced a little chuckle again before he spoke.

"Wh-wh-what do you mean?" 

"Just kidding," Sehun smiled, and relief was instantly visible on both their faces. "I don't feel those stuff; I have no feelings. Good job, guys. Time to get back to plotting."

"Really?" Minseok asked, but was instantly punched in the shoulder by the other. "I mean, that's REALLY great, Lord Sehun!"

"Both of you run along, now, try getting some of those monsters on our side."

They raced out of the lair before Sehun could even finish; again, he considered hiring better people (not that they were paid, or anything.)


The two had failed, of course.

Baby Kris proved to be what everybody has been saying: stronger than a thousand men, maybe even a hundred thousand men. Even as a baby, he had managed to severely fracture Minseok's wrist when he grabbed at it while the other was trying to feed him the poison Sehun had prepared. He drank the poison, but not until the last drop. Jongdae and Minseok had agreed to pretend they did the job well and hoped for the best. Now that the baby drank the poison anyway, he was no longer immortal. He was mortal, and mortals had no place on Mount Olympus. He had to be brought down to the earth, which they figured was just about the same as killing the baby. 

"Let's hope Sehun never checks."

Suho and Lay were filled with grief (well, not really, for Lay) when they found the baby without his immortal golden glow. 

"Mortal," Suho said softly. "He's mortal."

"Maybe it's because his mother is--"

"I thought we're over that, dear."

Lay glared, "I will never be 'over it,' Suho. But now that the child is mortal, he has no place here. Shame. He would have been a lovely warrior, I admit."

A small cloud suddenly appeared in mid-air, and Suho laid the baby on it. He took one last look at the golden medal around the baby's neck- it had the mark of Suho, a cloud with lightning coming out from it. It was his gift to his son. He wanted to engrave the back of the medallion with the word "Kriscules" but since it was a small medal, only Kris was visibly seen (but Suho will argue the 'cules' part was there too!), and gently blew the cloud down to earth. 

"Maybe some day, my son."

"I hope not."

"I said I'm sorry!"


The cloud disappeared when it landed, leaving the baby in front of a house. The house belonged to a farmer and his wife, who had been married for so long but for some reason, never bore any children. The sudden change in temperature (he did come from high up a mountain, after all, those places were cold) irritated baby Kris, making him cry out; the cries awoke the couple, who were instantly filled with gratefulness that their prayers to the gods had finally been answered. A baby of their own! They took note of the medallion's crest, and the next day when they woke up, offered their sacrifices as a sign of thanks to the almighty Suho.

Suho blessed them greatly (probably cuz they had his son).


Kris grew up to be a wonderful boy.

At least, to his parents.

For some reason, he maintained his super strength as a child, and it was a great help with all the farm work and stuff. Unfortunately, it wasn't popular with the other boys around the area. He was always either too good at the sport they were playing, or really really bad at it. So it was either unfair playing with Kris, or no fun at all since he always finds some way to ruin things. Always. Just the other day, he managed to throw the discus so far away, the other kids were pretty sure they were never going to see that thing ever again. They had sneered at Kris, told him never to play with them again, and kept their distance. They should be glad the super strong boy was also super kind, or else they would have been severely hurt by now.

Instead, Kris would stay at home, tending to some house work whenever things needed to be carried.

Eventually, even his mother wouldn't ask for help anymore, after the last incident where he volunteered to wash the dishes and ended up breaking them because of his strenght. 

It was a boring life; overall, a sad life as well. He felt unwanted. Even his full name sounded like a joke- Kriscules? Really? There was also this feeling stirring inside him: the need to just know. He needed to know why he was so strong, despite being a scrawny teenager. He needed to know why his hair was some form of blonde even when his parents' hair was black. 

"Mom? Dad?" He said one day, filled with nervousness. "Can I ask you two something?"

"What is it, son?" His father replied kindly. He knew how troubled Kris always was (and how much he was trouble, but he never meant any harm.)

Thus, Kris found out the truth. Or well, some of the truth. His parents showed him the medallion with his name etched in the back, with the crest of Suho in front. They told him the whole story about how they found him in front of their door one night. 

"I'm adopted?!"

"Son, we don't even have the same hair colour."

Suddenly, everything made sense.

Kind of.


Sorry for the choppy sections, and if it seems a bit rushed; honestly, it kind of is. I wanted to incorporate all the necessary details of his life without making it seem too draggy and long, because like I said, just a bit of basics here and there in case I have readers who hasn't seen the movie yet or something (just something to help you all understand~) or for those who hasn't seen the movie in a long time and need their memory jogged (I did) and then a lot more romance! (And also, slight crack, I'm sorry.)

The chapters will get better and more Taoris-y soon, I promise! (Please stay.)

For those of you who aren't Greek mythology-savvy and are wondering why Lay is so against Kris being Suho's son from another woman: basically in the stories, Hera (Lay) has always been jealous of the fact that Zeus (Suho) keeps getting other woman pregant/ getting girlfriends and etc. Since she values marriage and all that. There's a bunch of really wild stories about all the different sorts of revenge Hera gave to the women that Zeus went after. Such fun, them Greek myths. 

That's about it! Thanks to all who subscribed <3 If you're missing Hunhan, you can always check out my other fic~ Which you can find linked on my profile / or just go to my stories~