Chapter Three

I Won't Say I'm In Love

"You're still working on that stupid plan?" 

Sehun glared at the person who just entered his lair. Zitao stood there, dressed in a purple toga unlike the usual white Greek togas, because he stated the white colour made him appear darker than usual. His dark eyes were staring at the board on the table in the center of the room (containing intricate carvings and maps and little monster figurines that Sehun gave extra time to make), an absolutely bored expression on his face. He scoffed at the glare sent his way.

"Didn't the Fates say some guy will foil it?"

"Zitao," Sehun said through gritted teeth. "Come to mock me?"

That earned a wide smile from the dark haired male, "It's my favourite past time."

Zitao neared the board, staring down at it with distate before he spoke again.

"I still think you're going to fail."

Sehun nearly threw the minotaur figurine at his head; normally, Sehun would have sent the souls of the damned who made deals with him to float in the rivers of the Underworld forever, but the problem is Zitao is still, technically, very much alive and kicking (sometimes literally.) He's not a soul (yet) and when Sehun tried to "fix" it (he tried to kill him, basically, with a small knife), Zitao had merely glanced at the knife, then back to Sehun, said the words "not today, Death God" and walked away. Sehun was too confused to move, and since then he figured as long as Zitao could be used as a pawn in the mortal world, then why not. 

He remembered vaguely how Zitao had called out his name over and over again back up on earth, until Sehun appeared before the crying boy. Apparently, his boyfriend, Chanyeol, had been wounded in battle and was dying. Zitao wanted to save him, and offered his soul in return. He will do whatever Sehun wanted, as long as the boy with the large ears was spared. Sehun was in good mood then, and agreed. On Zitao's part, all he had to do was do whatever Sehun needed, whenever he needed it, and to obey his general rules; even if that meant staying in the Underworld for extended periods of time. He had agreed, still crying, and Sehun eventually took pity and saved Chanyeol.

Four months later, Zitao was crying again, and still about Chanyeol, but this time he was wishing the other dead.

"He left me," Zitao blubbered. "For some petite boy named Baekhyun. Am I not petite enough?"

Sehun had glanced at Zitao- all 6 feet of him- and decided to keep quiet.

"How could he? I gave up my soul for him."

"Well," Sehun started to say awkwardly. "He's a guy, what do you expect?"

Since then, Zitao spent more time in the Underworld than up on earth, even if Sehun didn't call him down. Like right now, for instance. Zitao continued to study the board with a disappointed look on his face that Sehun wanted to wipe off- with fire.

"Zitao," Sehun started to say, slowly. "Don't you have anything better to do?"

Zitao shrugged.

Sehun tried again, "back up on earth, maybe, I dunno, make friends? Staying down here can't be healthy."

"Friends lead to best friends which eventually will lead to lovers and romance will only lead to heartbreak," Zitao said automatically, as if he practiced it (Sehun guessed he probably did.) 

Sehun sighed in frustration, "then make enemies!"

Zitao glanced at him like he was stupid, "why would I want enemies?"

"You should be listening to me," Sehun noted. "Do as I say, Zitao. Go up and fetch me some interesting stories, maybe a nice monster or two to join my side as I take over Mount Olympus."

Zitao rolled his eyes, but thankfully walked out of the room.


Been busy lately but I won't be anymore, and I really wanted to update today. I apologize for any mistakes, if any, I re-read it and stuff but generally my eyes feel kinda hazy right now so I might have missed something.

Anyways, it's a chapter with Zitao's backstory this time! Yay! It's really short though. Boo. Honestly, I'm still throwing things around until we reach the really nice, solid Taoris-y moments. This chapter feels a lot like word vomit and I might edit it, if ever I feel like it.

Hopefully the next update will be better! :D
Thanks for the subscription, guys <3 comments are welcome and loved~