Chapter One

I Won't Say I'm In Love

Being the Ruler of the Underworld was a task, and Sehun was tired of it. It felt like it was just yesterday when he and his brothers had chosen which part of the world to rule, and he was stuck with the dark and damp area filled with dead people, while his brothers had the sea and the sky. It was unfair; just because he was considered the youngest, that he had to get the bad end of everything. That was probably why, for the past hundred years or so, he had been plotting to overthrow his eldest brother, Suho, and take control of Mount Olympus. It seemed to be going smoothly, until...

"You're kidding!" Sehun shouted in outrage. "That new baby is going to ruin my plans?!"

Jongdae, one of the previously dead humans but was resurrected because of his extreme panic at even entering the place, winced at the sound, "t-that's what the Fates said."

Sehun slunk deeper onto his throne; all his hard work will be ruined, all because of Suho's new son? He wouldn't stand for it. 

"No," he said, a sudden calm washing over him. "He is a baby. He can be easily rid of."

Minseok, another one of those stubborn souls, shrugged.

"I dunno, boss, they said the baby's pretty tough, even for a baby."

"Are you saying," Sehun's voice filled with rage once more. "That a tiny baby is MORE POWERFUL THAN I AM?"

Minseok yelped, avoiding a fireball thrown his way.

"O-of course not!"

Sehun groaned, "I have to visit the baby. Then, I'll come up with a plan to get rid of the stupid thing."

"But, Lord Sehun, you're not invited--"

"DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE?!"


There was joy throughout Mount Olympus. On a hilltop resting on some clouds, there was a cradle that had a baby boy. It was obvious just from one glance at the blossoming baby, that he was different. Of course he was. He was practically a god. His father, Suho, was the ruler of all the Olympians, after all, god of the skies, wielder of the master bolts, etcetera etcetera. His mother, well... Truth be told, was some mortal from earth. However, since Suho and Lay had to keep up their wonderful image as a married couple (Lay was the god of marriage, after all) the birthday invitations said Lay was the mother. If anybody knew, nobody said so. Instead, all the gods and goddesses from all around gathered to visit the baby boy.

The baby, who was named Kriscules (everybody agreed to just call him Kris), was already large for his age. He was also strong for his age too, which was obvious by the way he would grasp his father's finger with a grip stronger than an iron clamp. It left a red mark. Suho laughed, pleased that his son will grow up to be a strong warrior, most likely born to be a hero in Ancient Greece. He could see it now: Kris' face would be the object of many vases and paintings, his name will live on forever in texts and headlines and the sort. Most importantly, he will always be known as Suho's son- his mighty, strong offspring.

Every other god who visited brought him all sorts of gifts, leaving an overflowing mountain of various objects beside the cradle. Somebody even gifted him a baby pegasus, white in colour. Nobody knows where that came from, and it was too much of a hassle to ask around. Wine was being passed around by the god of wine himself, there were jokes being told, and food being eaten. It was all fun and games, until the Olympians began noticing black smoke fill the area.

Suho sighed, "Sehun, is that you?"

"Why, brother," Sehun said, suddenly appearing beyond the black smoke, dressed in an all black attire himself. "I didn't know there was a celebration here. I didn't get the invite."

He casted a pointed look at Luhan, the messenger of the gods, who gave a sheepish smile before he flew off on his golden sandals. 

"Unless, of course, I wasn't invited at all," he continued, a hint of iciness in his voice.

Suho resisted the urge to flinch (he was the ruler of everything, he shouldn't be bothered by some scrawny, pale boy, even if his younger brother was currently shrouded in growing black smoke), noticing from the corner of his eye that the other Olympians were watching the scene before them, suddenly very far from the area. 

"Sehun," his voice thundered loudly. "You know that it gets rather... Well, what I mean to say is..."

"He means to say your presence here dampens the mood," Lay continued for him, quietly. "It is best if you leave."

"Leave? I just got here!"

Sehun flashed a quick grin, "I have yet to give my regards to the baby. Where is the little... what's his name again?"

"Kriscules," Suho said proudly.

"Kris," Lay followed shortly after, annoyed.

"Kris," Sehun repeated, smiling still. He neared the golden cradle and peered down at the sleeping child. "Lovely."

Suho cleared his throat, "is that all, Sehun?"

Sehun chose to ignore him, choosing instead to stare down at the little bundle of joy. Inside was an extreme hatred for the little one- but he knew he couldn't attack now, not with all of Mount Olympus watching him. They already didn't like him because of his status as the Ruler of Underworld (not like that was his fault) and his general pale complexion and overall spookiness. He didn't want to add more reason for them to hate him.

"Sehun," the Olympian ruler said again, fiercer this time. In the distance, lightning crackled, almost like some sound effect meant to scare Sehun.

"That is all, I just wanted to visit my little nephew," he smiled politely, before vanishing in a thick cloud of dark smoke once more.

Suho massaged his temples, stress filling him as he wondered how he was possibly related to someone so much his opposite. Beside him, Lay cleared his throat and whispered something along the lines of "dear, the party is still going on" which snapped him back into his normal sense.

"Right, well, that's that," Suho gave his best, dazzling smile. "The party is not yet over!"


This is honestly just some kind of filler chapter with some history, background info, etc etc. 
For the most part, there will be less draggy-backstory-type chapters, and more jumps into Kris' eventual hero life! Yay!

Thanks to the subscribers so far~ I hope you enjoy the rest of the story! :D