Wrath

Blood Ties

 

When Ah-joong sits down at her half-sister's desk she's a little more than furious, to say the least. But more than that, it kills her to know that the sister she sometimes resented was going through this alone. She and Ah-ran don't have the traditional kind of relationship between sisters, how could they in their situation? Still to Ah-joong Ah-ran is of her own flesh and blood, and the idea that someone in this school, in this classroom, dare threaten her sister's life makes her blood boil.

Ah-joong reads the words scribbled into her sister's seat. Oh Ah-ran. Dish rag. Get lost! Go to hell. Jin Yi-kyung+Oh Ah-ran. ! You must be a e. Lesbian! Crazy . Savage. Ah-joong clenches her fist. It is the first day. She will accomplish nothing by annihilating everyone in this classroom, she tells herself.

Behind her the three airheads she picked out earlier stand up and approach her, lead by the one she guessed was the queenka, Wang Junghee. The teachers left them to self study and most of the students are gone from the classroom aside from a few. "Yah, you wouldn't happen to know Oh Ah-ran would you?" the latter questions.

Her head is spinning as she reads and rereads the words on the desk. Junghee doesn't wait for her to answer, as she places both palms on the desk and leans down toward her. "Because you almost look just like her." she says and the girls in her posse make sounds of agreement. "Yeah, 'Ah-joong'. Even your name is similar." comments the one holding a mirror. The third lackey leans forward as well, lollipop still in from earlier. "What a weird coincidence."

Ah-joong closes her eyes, forcing herself not to roll them at this attempt to intimidate her, but the leader is standing directly infront of her and notices. "Might have an attitude, this one." Junghee says and pats her head, "That or she's deaf."  Without looking up Ah-joong begins to speak, "This... did you do it?"

"The desk?" Junghee begins and only then does Ah-joong look up. "Before you showed up there used to be this annoying who sat there. You even look a lot like her." Ah-joong clenches her fists again. "When you walked in I was wondering if the crazy dyke had dyed her hai--"

Mid sentence Ah-joong's hand shoots up to grab the girl by the back of the head and proceeds to smack her face directly into the desk she'd destoryed. Junghee screams and her two lackeys take a step back, everyone in the classroom suddenly turning their attention to them. Kicking her chair out from under her as she stands, Ah-joong's grabs onto the other girl's hair, still holding onto to Junghee's. "You, you." With fury in her eyes she turns to the girl with the lollipop. "Lock the front and back doors."

She can hear the students murmuring and Junghee pleading but her eyes glaze over as she huffs heavy breaths of rage. It would appear that she's found a lead already. She doesn't notice the tall, good looking boy who was asleep in the back row wake up from all the racket.

~

The moment the door closes Ah-joong snaps out of her trance and Go Bok-dong watches her. With a violent shove of Junghee's head she releases the girl, glaring harshly at her lackeys before slamming her fist onto the desk. "Kneel." She tells the leader, indicating to the desk. The three girls look at her blankly, clearly confused. That only serves to piss her off though.

"So you won't then?" She barks, turning to find the classroom broom. Noticing her go for a weapon the three girls do as commanded, kneeling. Wang Junghee kneels on the desk. The only thing Ah-joong finds is the mop, but her temper is short and either will suffice. She lunges at the two lackeys, making them flinch, but not hitting them. She cusses under her breath, snapping off the cleaning end of the mop under her foot on the first try and kicking it away easily.

Using the broken mop as a staff, she slams it on the desk next to Wang Junghee, but doesn't hit her. "I'll ask again," she says, "Did you do this to the desk?" Outside students have gathered and she's sure the teacher is probably there by now too. In fear Junghee tells her that they were just fooling around.

Fooling around? Fooling around? She smacks the desk with the mop handle again, "Fooling around?!" Everyone collectively flinches at the sharp movement. "Did you know that you can get kill frogs with the rocks you throw for fun?" Ah-joong swings the handle to strike this time, but a hand grabs the opposite end, effectively stopping her. She's sure it's probably a teacher, but she turns and realizes it's a student.

A tall, handsome, and slightly intimidating student who has this smirk on his face. "I think that's enough, transfer student." He says, but Ah-joong has already come this far. She suddenly realizes he may be smirking because he's part of it and thinks he has the upper hand or something. "Who are you? Where you in on it too?"

His eyebrows raise and he looks annoyed as he answers, "Stop messing around. If you keep doing this, I may kill you." The way he words his sentence startles her, makes her recall something Kangja had told her father a few nights before.

"Some boy threatened to kill Ah-ran, Jihoon." She said, sounding worried out of her mind. "Teenagers can over exaggerate, Kangja. Who was it? I'll look into him." Her father answered, trying to be comforting yet rational in such a difficult situation. "I don't know I didn't get a good look at him, it was dark and he took of before I could see him. The way he worded it was what got me though. 'If you keep doing this, your daughter may die.' What if they really try to kill her, Jihoon?"

Ah-joong's eyes widen, pupils dialating and Bok-dong can see the challenge in her eyes, before she suddenly whirls around and yanks the mop handle out of his hand. She's faster than he expected her to be and he has to admit he's a little startled when she drops the handle completely and her hand shoots out to grab him by the neck. In a matter of moments she kicks the handle aside, so it might not be used against her later, and her other fist rises to punch him square in the jaw.

She would have done it too, had Park Songsaeng not stopped her in time. With her mind calculating at a hundred miles an hour, her mind does not register teacher and only destory. No one is expecting it when she twists her wrist in the teacher's hold and grabs his arm, using it to yank him forward and pull him directly into a headlock.

 


 

A/N: Angry Mom ended today, sadly. It was a good run though and I'm going to admit that it's probably the best drama I've seen. Because it brought out such real themes: corruption, bullying, friendship, family, personal connections. It was dark, but still had it's humor and happiness and was truly moving. Leave a comment about your final thoughts on the drama and also on this story! Thank you for reading!

Also (SPOILER) I rewrote a line in the foreward and chapter one because it turned out that Ah-ran was infact not Ahn Dong-chil's daughter and that he didn't Kangja. I'm actually glad for this, they dragged it out almost to the end of episode 16, so I really thought they would leave it to our imaginations (as they'd been doing, letting us think he her) and not explaining any further. But, he turned out not to be complete scum and even redeemed himself. So note that Ah-joong is Beom's daughter here as well, not Dong-chil's.