Is it strange?

Long Time No See

“So, what’s up with this meeting?” Junhoe asked. “I had vocal training with Taehyun just now. This better be important or else…”
“Junhoe, stop whining.” Hanbin barged into the room. “I have something to announce.”
“Alright. Alright.” Junhoe said and leaned back. He looked so totally bored and annoyed it made Hanbin grin like an idiot. He loved to annoy the younger. The play with the fire was quite interesting.

 

“We have a new trainee.” Silence. Junhoe tried to look unimpressed but Hanbin knew him better. It’s always not good when there is a new trainee. It’s not that they didn’t like each other. But they already were so many. YG wouldn’t bring out a group with … how many were they right now… yeah 11 members. That just wouldn’t happen and they knew that. So they all were kinda stressed and nervous about the new trainee. And most they wanted to know who this guy was.

“This is Song Mino.” Hanbin pulled Mino into the room and let his hand linger on the older's shoulder just a little longer than necessary. “Mino used to be an underground rapper, he almost debuted with Block B, lately he was in BoM and now he’s here. And I guess that’ll help us a lot. He has a lot of experience.” And his rapping is hella dope. He’ll kick our . The last things Hanbin didn’t say out loud. He still had to play the game that he doesn’t know the guy standing right beside him. Mino told him his life story while he unpacked his stuff but Hanbin didn’t told him that his admiration for the older never stopped and that he was seeing forward to work with him. A lot. He kept that a secret.

“Woah. With Block B? That’s amazing!” Seunghoon was in love. Hanbin knew that Seunghoon liked Block B a lot. He was impressed by their style the first time he heard them live. So for sure he would stick a lot with Mino now. Seunghoon still had to work on his rapping skills and Mino could help him a lot with that. But Hanbin didn’t like that. He kinda wanted to claim Mino as his and that … well … that was bad.

 

“Hi guys, I’m really happy to be here now and I’m seeing forward to work with you! Please be patient with me in the beginning. I’ll work hard to become better.” Mino bowed in all directions while Hanbin asked himself what he should do with himself when Mino became even better.

Now everyone wanted to talk to Mino. Someone with his experience was interesting and everyone wanted to get to know him. Hanbin was forced to step away because the others just pushed him out of the way. And it was weird. He didn’t want to share Mino. He just got him back. Like what the hell was he thinking? He only came back to him without knowing him in the first place. He didn’t recognize him and that was for the best. So Hanbin had no freaking right to claim Mino his. Still he’d love to do so.

 

 


 

"So Mino,how was your first day?" Hanbin was laying in bed. He decided to go home early to be with Mino in his first night. He remembered how lost he felt on his first day here. Only Jinwoo was there at that time and to be honest he had no idea where Jinwoo disappeared to on that day. Bobby and Jinhwan only came a few weeks later.

He turned around in his bed to face Mino. Mino still stood in front of the closet without a shirt on. His back turned towards Hanbin. He worked out for sure since he last saw him. A lot. His back muscles were no joke. Hanbin had to lie down again to calm down. He turned his view back to the ceiling. Better.

 

"Actually I was scared about today", Mino answered after he pulled his shirt over. "But you guys are great. You're not against me although I'm kinda a challenger for you. Especially for you Hanbin. But you're not afraid to lose your place in the team at all." Mino lied back onto the couch and looked at Hanbin. "You kinda seem to be like the leader of the guys. How did that happen? Nothing against you but you're pretty young."

Here we are again. I'm too young whenever he sees me.

"I'm not afraid to lose anything to be honest. YG loves me. I don't know why but that's how it is and I guess because of that I kinda became the leader. I am the only one who's able to talk with YG without freezing to ice." Hanbin laughed and Mino grinned as well.

"But YG is pretty scary. I understand the others." Mino laughed.

"Yeah I thought so as well in the beginning but lately I only pretend to be scared." Both had to laugh at that and then they grew silent.

 

"You seem older than you really are, Hanbin." Mino's voice sounded like a silent whisper. "It's nice talking to you. I guess we'll get along well."

"I hope so", Hanbin responded. "I want to make amazing music with you. We'll let the world know who we are. I guess we can learn a lot from each other."

"That sounds nice." Mino yawned. "When I first saw you today, in the studio, you scared the out of me." Hanbin laughed but Mino sounded sincere so he stopped.

"I get that often. That I scare people I mean. It's something about my face." He tried to explain.

 

"No. That's not it." Hanbin faced Mino. The older laid on the bed. His eyes closed. The arms crossed behind his head. And there was a little line of worry on his forehead. Hanbin wanted to soothe that part. He wanted his face to look flawless again. Not that it wasn't flawless right now but he looked like he was in pain and he didn't want the older to be in pain.

"What do you mean then?" Hanbin's voice had turned into a silent whisper and he didn't know why. The atmosphere in the room had kinda changed.

"When I came into the room, you looked so shocked. And there was something more." Mino stopped. So did Hanbin's breathing. Did Mino recognize him after all? Did he noticed his panic? The panic that just rushed back.

"I thought I saw hate on your face. I thought you disliked me the moment I came in. I really thought you hated me." How to misread a situation. Mino lesson one. Hate wasn't really a feeling Hanbin combined with the older.

 

Mino suddenly turned around and looked Hanbin into the eyes.

"And I didn't like that thought." Mino was whispering so silently, a cold shiver run down Hanbin's neck. "The moment I saw you, I wanted you to like me. I wanted to impress you." Mino laid back on his back. And Hanbin could breath again. The hair on his neck stood up and he had goosebumps all over his body.

"Isn't that strange? I see you for the first time, you'll be my competition and all I can think about is hopefully will that freaking handsome guy in front of me will like me."

 

You wouldn't say that your reaction is strange when you would know what you're doing to me right now. Hanbin's heart was at least pounding three times as fast as usual. He was covered in cold sweat all over and he just wanted to tell Mino that he had feelings for him. But instead...

 

"Yeah it's strange."

"I know right. Why am I like that?" Mino sounded annoyed by himself. Hanbin had to say something more.

"It is strange. But Mino. My reaction was strange as well. I should have checked you out as a competition." But instead I checked you out as a man. Like you became the hottest person on this planet and ... no stop. "But instead I wanted to be friends with you. Right in the beginning." He could feel Mino smiling at him. With all the power he forced himself to look at the ceiling and not at Mino. Or else he would melt and tell him everything in just one second.

"Maybe we're destined." Hanbin choked on his breath. "Destined to be best friends." Best friends.

"Yeah maybe." Silence. "Don't let Bobby know tho. He'll be jealous." Hanbin laughed.

"I won't." Mino laughed but it sounded kinda forced and that little line had appeared on his forehead again.

 

Where was that all leading them? Hanbin was scared but in the same moment he couldn't wait to find out.

 

"Good night, Mino."

"Sweet dreams, Hanbin."

When you say my name like that I'll have the sweetest dreams ever.