☜ One Horrible Truth ☞

The Haunting

     "H-hello?" Spencer muttered under his breath through his phone.

     "Oh hey Spence," Bryan Trevor replied at the other end of the line.

     "You've got to help me Bryan."

     "What? Where are you? What happened?"

     "I'm outside the school's main building now, and tonight we've actually planned on scaring this kid... Jordan Kim of some sort. Just now he said Aiden's dead, and now both Nathan and Aiden aren't answering their phones!"

     "This kid --"

     "That Jordan -- I LEFT HIM INSIDE!"

     "Wait wait. You... didn't go to school this evening?"

     "N-no... skipped it. Why?"

     "Don't you know? Jordan Kim... He... committed suicide this evening. Overdose of pills or something..."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

     He clutched the small bottle in his hand, clenching his teeth together. The classroom was already empty as students hurried off to head for home. No one took notice of him.

     He tore off a piece of white paper from under his desk and nervously scribbled a note, expressing his frustration and anger towards the three persons he had encountered and faced a lot of times. He clenched his teeth harder. He couldn't ubderstand why he was so weak, unable to stand up against them.

     Fingers beginning to tremble, he ended the brief note with an oath that he vowed to follow. Until his vengeance is paid.

     With that, he twisted open the cap, tipped th bottle and emptied its contents into his mouth. He left his last signature on the note sealing the oath and laid his head on the desk.

"I WILL BE BACK.

                             -Jordan-"

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

     "Spencer, you HAVE to get out of there NOW!" Bryan's voice was desperate now, and the alarm in his voice frightened Spencer. Cold sweat broke out, and his knees were buckling.

     "What? Why?!"

     "Just -- as I -- RUN!!!"

     "I-I can't hear you Bryan, you're breaking up!!"

     No answer.

     "Bryan?!"

     Spencer held his phone in front of him, desperately trying to get coverage. He turned left, he turned right, but it was fruitless.

     As he lowered his phone, Spencer saw a figure standing still in front of him, eyes staring intently into his.

     Spencer let out a weak gasp. It was true, everything about Jordn was true. He could see death etched across his pale face under the dim moonlight. He could see Jordan's eyes slowly becoming fully black. He could see a nasty grin forming on his bloody lips.

     On top of all that, Spencer couldn't move a muscle. He couldn't even find his tongue, to scream, or yell, anything.

     And he couldn't evade when the ghost of Jordan Kim attacked him and knocked the life out of his body. For good.

 

*** END ***

▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬