☜ As The Story Begins... ☞

The Haunting

Class 2-4.     

     "Why did you steal the money?!"

     "I di-dn't s-steal it..." He lowered his head, unable to look at the teacher's eyes.

     "I thought you said you don't have money at home, that's why you stole it, right?!" The teacher glared at him with a scornful look, demanding for the truth.

     "But I really DIDN'T DO IT!" He started to sob, trying to defend himself from being accused of a sin he didn't even commit.

     "Still lying?! Stand up!"

     He got down from the desk and stood in front of the teacher, head still lowered. Without warning, the teacher pushed him hard. He toppled over the desk and his head banged on one of the cabinets. He slid to the floor, cringing in pain.

     "What's the use of a student like you here, huh? Stay here until your detention's up." The teacher shook his head and stormed out of the class, leaving him sobbing alone.

     He stood up and sat on his chair. He took out a pencil and a penknife from under his desk. Still sobbing, he started sharpening the pencil slowly. He paused, pushed the blade out further and brought it down to his wrist. 

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬

 

9.00 am, the school's front yard.

     Another kick landed on Jordan's stomach.

     "Why didn't you bring the money like what we told you to?!" Spencer asked, swinging another kick towards Jordan.

     "Do you think we're being funny here, huh kid?" Aiden added.

     "I-I'm sorry... OUCH~!... I finished up all my allowance... I-I don't have any money left... AUGH!!" Jordan moaned ceaselessly.

 

     Aiden and Spencer kept on hitting him. They were notorious for their bullying activities around the school, and this time unlucky Jordan was their unfortunate victim. The ringleader was Nathan Kim, and he was feared despite his small and timid figure. He was leaning against a tree, letting his friends do their job 

     "Wait, w-wait, I-I'll do whatever you want me to do, just stop hitting me," Jordan paused, constantly catching his breath.

     Hearing this, Nathan became interested and slowly made his steps towards Jordan. He knelt beside him.

     "Anything we want?" Nathan said, flashing a sly grin to both Spencer and Aiden. Reading their leader's mind, they grinned in union and nodded to him as a sign of approval.

     "These are your words Jordan, not ours," Spencer reminded him.

     "Do you know," Nathan continued, "about the suicide case of a Year 2 student at Class 2-4? They say he comes out every night to haunt the corridors of the school..."

     Nathan paused for a while, allowing Jordan to digest his every word. "What we want you to do is simple..." he continued again, his tone more serious than before, "... go and figure out whether the rumour is true or just a ridiculous hearsay. At 12.40 am tonight, you have to go to Class 2-4 and record yourself drinking a can of Coke there. Easy isn't it?"

     "But if you freak out and turn on the lights, you're dead meat okay?" Aiden added with a sinister look on his face.

     "Because if you turn on the lights, the ghost will get away," he chuckled.

     "B-but... I don't own a video cam..." Jordan stutteringly exclaimed.

     "Then go buy one now, aren't you rich?" Spencer said, scratching his not-even-itchy head.

     Jordan pouted.

     "If you succeed tonight, we won't bully you anymore," Nathan patted him on the back with a reassuring grin.

     "Really?"

     "Yeah, we'll be friends, close friends," Aiden gave him a serene grin. Not that he was anyway.

     The three of them straightened themselves up.

     "12.40 am tonight, Jordan."