☜ Rising Terror ☞

The Haunting

     The torchlight flickered a few times in his clutch. The video cam was silently recording everything in its sight, it's red light bleeping on and off every second. He was alarmed even by the slightest movement caused by the passing wind.

     Jordan flinched at every weird sound made by the creeping creatures around him. Well who wouldn't if you think you're all by yourself at a totally deserted school which, unfortunately, is rumoured to be haunted.

     He walked noiselessly through the dark hallways, heading towards Class 2-4. He turned the doorknob and pushed the door open. Cautiously stepping into the classroom a step at a time, he shone the class from the ceiling to the floor. Nothing unusual.

     Where's the Coke?, he thought to himself. True, there was not a single can of Coke on any of the desks when he looked around for it. But then, the torchlight's beam fell upon the blackboard, and there, scribbled roughly on it was an instruction:

"MAKE YOUR WAY TO LEVEL 3

     Without further ado, he turned back towards the door, determined to accomplish the mission. Jordan walked through the door and back into the dark passage outside, unknowingly leaving the lifeless and blood-drenched body of Nathan Kim under the teacher's desk behind.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

     When Jordan reached Level 3, he went into a class which he found its door slightly open. He took the can of Coke on one of the desks and, while filming himself, began to drink. After a few gulps he allowed himself to burp, just to add a little touch to the video.

     He put the Coke down, and noticed something sticking out at the side of the teacher's desk. Curiously, he neared the object and found that it was a foot. Jordan stole a glance over the teacher's desk and to his horror, he saw Aiden Lee's body sprawled on the floor. His face was pale, and the blood trickling down his face made it more obvious. His body was stiff, not breathing anymore.

     Jordan gasped, eyes bulging wide. Aiden. Dead.

     "WAAARRGGH~!!"

     Jordan sprinted out of the class and dashed down the nearest stairway two steps at a time. In his head he just wanted to escape, escape from this macabre nightmare...

     "BOOO~!!"

     "GYAAAAAA~!!"

     Jordan fell to his knees, eyes staring straight into the eyes belonging to a corpse-like face with wild hair sticking out in every direction -- who wore the school's uniform?

     The creature let out a laugh and took off its face, which appeared to be a mask. "You should've seen your face!" Spencer laughed harder, clutching his stomach. "Seriously!"

     "S-Sp-Spencer-r... Aid-enn... Aiden's d-dead!" Jordan stuttered.

     "Really?" Spencer replied matter-of-factly, snatching the video cam from Jordan's hand. He played back the video while walking down the stairway. "Hmm this is filmed quite nicely!"

     "Spencer, Aiden's d-dead! I-I saw h-him mys-self!" Jordan nervously followed him.

     "Nah, he's just trying to scare you," Spencer smirked, "and turns out it worked!" he chuckled.

     They reached the bottom of the stairway. "B-but it's t-true... I --" Jordan paused. He looked at Spencer's face. Spencer's gaze was locked at something behind him. His eyes were wide, and Jordan could see tiny beads of sweat beginning to form on his forehead. "Spencer?"

     "W-who's that?" Spencer pointed to the end of the dark hallway. Someone, or something, was watching them silently.

     "Who? I can't see anyone," Jordan creased his brows. Just a dark hallway.

     "T-there!" Spencer pointed towards the other end, where the same figure came closer to them. Panic rose inside him.

     "W-what? I don't --"

     "RUN!!!"

     Spencer took off almost immediately before Jordan could realise it. Jordan ran behind him, struggling to maintain his speed.

     "Hurry!"

     "I can't keep up... WAIT UP -- OWW!"

     Jordan tripped and landed on the floor hard. "Spencer, wait!"

     But Spencer kept on running, ignoring Jordan's wail of terror.